Status: So I guess I'm going to roll with this and keep writing? I'm making this up as I go which isn't what I originally wanted, but whatever. I'll just go with this hopefully I finish the story before I get bored with this.

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way 4.

At the end of the day Toni and I were standing outside of school waiting for our bus to come.

"Mikey's pretty cool." Toni told me.

"Yeah, I'm so glad him and I are friends now!" I said as Mikey came out of the building and started walking over to us, with Gerard trailing far behind him.

"Do you two want to come over today? We can bring you to your house to ask your cat, or just drop you off if it decides you shouldn't hang out or something." Mikey asked looking at me while referencing my joke about my lack of ability to make a decision, that threw Toni off a little but he knew it was a joke when I began laughing after a minute.

"Yeah sure, we'd want to come. That'd be cool," Toni answered for us, which was alright, I would have said the same thing, but I'm glad he likes Mikey enough so far to hang out with him. It's a change for him and I, he's usually the one with friends that I hang out with. When Gerard got to where we were standing we started walking towards his car with Gerard slinking behind us. He didn't really look angry but maybe just a bit annoyed. We got in the back of Gerard's car with Mikey in the front again.

"How'd you like History?" Mikey asked me.

"History? Yeah, that was pretty great." I told him chuckling while thinking about it.

What happened?" Toni asked.

"We were reading a page out of a book and starting at one end of the room we were suppose to read a paragraph. And I was spacing out and like staring out the window, then when it was my turn to read I didn't even know and was just sitting there looking out the window..." He explained chuckling. "The teacher waited like 5 minutes without saying anything, it was sooo quiet. Then it looked like you finally realized no one was reading for a while and that everyone was watching you." I finished laughing Mikey was laughing pretty hard too. Pretty soon we arrived at my house. Toni and I dropped our stuff off and went to ask who ever was home if we could go. In about 5 minutes Gerard and Mikey were pulling out of the drive way with Toni and I in the car.

"Is Ray going to come today too?"

"Nope he's got an essay to write, and he has to practice guitar too, so his day's full apparently." Mikey explained.

" I see..." I sighed staring out the window.

When we got to the house Mikey gave Toni the tour while I stood in the kitchen with Gerard he looked my way for a second as I watched Toni and Mikey go upstairs. I looked over at him and he turned away. He was standing leaning his back up against the counter with his arms folded. I wanted to say something to him but I didn't know what. He didn't look as mad as he did the past few days but he didn't look anywhere near happy either. But, he did look gorgeous still! Today he had on some black tight jeans with a bat belt buckle in the front and a Misfits shirt on. It had been a few minutes of him and I just standing there with me trying not to stare at him so I'd look down often. I wish I could think of something to say... not something weird either. I looked back up at him, he was facing the stairs like he was waiting for them to come back down and join us, like he was going to hang out with Mikey me and Toni!?

"What?" he snapped firmly whipping his head around to make eye contact with me. He startled me and I felt like my breath was taken away. On top of surprising me, he had totally caught me staring at him!

"Nothing.." I muttered and looked down and away quickly. I wonder if he had set that up and wasn't really paying attention to the stairs and knew I was looking at him. I could feel his eyes were still on me. I looked up at him again and they were. I had looked right into his eyes and we held contact again for a few minutes. The same too intense feeling came over me again, as if while he held my gaze he ransacked and exposed everything that was inside of me out into the open for the both of us to see, this time I had to look away. I almost felt like he knew what I've been thinking about him, I felt like it was probably so obvious. I was hoping he didn't.. But at the same time I was kind of hoping he did, well, only if anything good would come out of him knowing. I quickly glanced back up at him for a second to see if he was looking at me. He looked back at me at about the same time I looked up at him and we both looked away. I wanted to break the silence but I wasn't sure how. He had already done it.. not the best way... but I think now it's my turn.

"I, like your belt." I said looking over at his belt then slowly at his face when my statement was finished. He looked a little surprised, not only had I said something, but I complimented him. His face softened a little. He seemed like he didn't know how to take it and his gaze shifted downward and to the side.

"Thanks." He sort of mumbled still looking away.

"Where did you get it?" I tried to carry the conversation after a moment. He was avoiding eye contact and he almost looked a little flustered. It was a bit surprising since he always seemed to make me feel flustered.

"I don't remember." He muttered blandly again this time looking at the floor in front of me.

"It's ok, I get it, you don't want me to go run out and buy the same one." I decided to try joking around with him I was smiling at him. It worked! His lips slid into a very small smile, and he even gave a slight chuckle and looked up to my eyes for a second. I felt my heart flutter at the fact that I made him smile and almost actually laugh. He had more then one emotion!

"No, it's not that." He said dully again. I could tell he was trying to hide any emotion from me weather it was good or bad. His smile seemed to die as quickly as it appeared on his face. "I just don't remember." He said looking at my face, his eyes were still lit up although the rest of his face wasn't. I was still smiling back at him.

"Sure...." I playfully gave him a squinted eyed skeptical stare for a few moments that caused him to smile the slightest bit again. Then we both heard Toni and Mikey coming back down the stairs and went out to the living room and sat on the couch. I walked out to join them. I sat down on the couch next to Mikey, Toni was on the other side of him.

"What would you guys like to do?" Mikey asked putting his arms over both of our shoulders and pulling us close to his armpits.

"Totally this..." Toni laughed and reached for his nipple and started to rub it through his shirt. Mikey removed his arms after him and I started laughing at what Toni had done.

"I'm really sorry it's quite boring around here, I wish there was more to do. I feel kind of bad when I invite you guys over because it's boring." Mikey rambled. Gerard was still in the kitchen, I wondered if he'll hang out with us today. I was hoping maybe since I talked to him a little he would, or he'd try to be near us so Mikey would invite him to join us. "Maybe we could go somewhere else...." Mikey trailed off in thought.

"Sure, where would we go?" I asked as they both thought. Gerard would have to be the one to drive us, he would have to come along. It'd be kind of weird to walk all the way back to Toni's and my house just so Toni could drive us where ever we were going to go. I got a little excited hoping we'd come up with a place to go so Gerard could come.

"We could go to the mall," Mikey suggested.

"Yeah, that's cool." Toni backed him up. Mikey got off the couch to ask Gerard if he'd bring us. Apparently he had said yes, Toni and I got up and joined Mikey and Gerard at the door after Mikey ran up to his room to get some money. We sat in the same spots we had earlier and it only took us about 15 minutes to get there. Gerard parked the car and we all headed towards the mall, Toni and Mikey were in a deep conversation about some video game they both loved, they were actually getting along really well. I figured they would they both like similar things and my brother and I are friends and Mikey and I are friends so, how could they not? I was paying attention to Gerard who was trailing behind the 3 of us as we walked into the food court, I kept slightly looking back at him about every 20 steps I took.

"Dude, we need to go into Game Stop.." Toni said desperately to Mikey who agreed. When Gerard caught up we all started heading in that direction. I started walking a little behind Toni and Mikey who were still in deep conversation, to maybe start my own with Gerard. Toni and Mikey began walking up to a wall and picking up games and talking still. I was casually walking around looking at a few different games Gerard was seeming to be sort of following me instead of standing with Mikey and Toni. He was always about 8 - 10 feet behind me. I kind of wanted to let Toni and Mikey hang out and invite Gerard to come with me to a different store or something. I wondered if I did invite him if he'd actually agree to come or not. I don't know where I would go though. I guess I could use a few new shirts and pairs of jeans...?

"Hey guys," I went up to Toni and Mikey interrupting them. I would have waited till they were finished but.. the way they've been talking the whole way here you can't get a word in. "I'm going to go look for some shirts and jeans, do you guys want to meet up in like an hour back here?" I asked and they both quickly agreed and continued on with their conversation. I turned around to start heading back out of the store I saw Gerard had started wandering over to where we were and he looked up at me as I came near him.

"Hey.. I'm going to go look for some new jeans and shirts and meet back up with Toni and Mikey in an hour.. do you want to come? I asked casually wondering what he'd say, and hoping it was a yes... or yeah or I'd love to.. or something in agreement.

"Ok." He said dully but I saw his eyes lit up. I did a back flip inside I was so happy he agreed to go with me. We walked out of the store next to each other, not really close but sort of next to each other.

"So... I like to wear plain shirts. Is it cool if we go into H&M?" I asked looking over at him, he was just staring at the ground.

"That's fine." I was happy we were talking but he always gives me such dull, short answers.

"Ok cool," I said looking over and smiling at him. I wanted to try and get him to talk more. I do have to admit although he barely talks, I still really, really enjoyed talking with him. "Hey... can you do me a favor?" I asked. He looked up at me cautiously. He looked a little worried, probably at what it was going to be, which he has the right to be he doesn't know me yet so he has no idea what I'm going to ask him.

"Maybe.." He mumbled waiting for me to say what it is.

"If I decide to try anything on, can you give me your 100% honest opinion about it, and make sure I don't leave the store with anything repulsive?" I asked him seriously. I wasn't REALLY, really serious. Obviously I'm not going to go and buy any crazy weird thing that I wouldn't normally wear.. and no one has yet to tell me I have a horrible wardrobe.

"Uh.... Ok.." He smiled and laughed a little! It made me happy. I was completely elated at the moment. Not only were we hanging out but I made him laugh a little!

"Ok thanks! Don't let me down." I joked with him and beamed over in his direction.

"Ok.." He chuckled again and smiled a little more. He seemed to not really be angry at all! He was still pretty shy, but I guess that's him he's shy, but it's a billion times better then being an asshole!

When we arrived to the store he followed me over to some of the interesting clothing in the front. I pulled a pair of floral skinny jeans, I personally wasn't a fan of them and asked him,

"What do you think of these?"

"Umm.. I wouldn't wear them.." He said politely and I laughed.

"What about for me?" I asked holding them up with a poker face on just to see what he'd say.

"Well, I wouldn't advise buying them..."

"Yeah, I don't like them either." I admitted and laughed a little as we walked to the corner that had the plain tee shirts I liked to wear so much. They also happen to only be 6$ too! It's a plus. I grabbed 2, 1 in black and the other in grey. I looked over to another section close to the one I was in I saw a cool fitted button up plaid shirt it was white with like grey and green plaid and I wanted to try it on. I placed the two tee-shirts on the rack that held the shirt I wanted to try on. I unzipped my fitted black sweatshirt and threw the plaid shirt on while Gerard watched.

"How does it look?" I asked after buttoning it up and doing a quick spin. It fit me perfectly and I liked the specific green that was in it.

"It looks good." He responded he looked at the shirt on me like he was concentrating on it. I walked over to a mirror that was close by.

"Would you tell me if it didn't?" I asked smiling at him.

"Yeah.." He said looking at me a little blankly.

"Good! Does this shirt look too tight?" I asked looking in the mirror spinning around so I could see for myself.

"No."

"Hmm... yeah I think you're right." I said mostly to myself before taking it off to put my sweatshirt back on.

"Are you going to get anything?" I asked gathering up the shirts I picked out.

"Probably not. I don't know what I would get."

"Hmm... we can go look at the men's section," I suggested grinning at him and he just shrugged and I began walking in that direction with him following.

"You should try these on!" I said excitedly finding a pair of men's red shorts. They looked like something he would never wear which is exactly why they intrigued me. They were the kind that weren't loaded with pockets all over and were a bit shorter then the usual men's shorts. They would probably come up to his mid thigh.

"Uh... no.." Gerard said plainly but was smiling a bit, he was entertained at what I had chosen.

"Please.... It will totally make the whole entire rest of my day if you try these on!" I said laughing while holding them out.

"They're not my style.." He said still smiling, trying to let me down easy.

"I figured.. but you don't have to buy them, just try them on.. for fun! You can show me quickly then take them back off and never look at them again if you want. What's your size?" I was still pushing for it. He stared at them a little and looked at my enormous smile I had plastered on... and he gave in!

"Ok.. I guess if it's quick.... it's a 36 in the waist.." he mumbled smirking a little then gently taking the ones I said were his size out of my hands.

"Awesome!" I kind of yelled a little awkwardly and he laughed at me as we walked over to the dressing rooms. "You have to show me though!" I informed him excitedly before he rolled his, nodded sheepishly and shut the door to the room he chose. I sat on a bench that was right outside that stall, I could hear him undoing his belt and taking off his pants and wished I could see what was going on. He probably looks extremely hot in just the boxer briefs he wears! I was trying to picture what I thought he would look like in just underwear when I heard him say..

"Ok.. I have them on...... they look weird." He warned.

"It's ok! Show me anyways!" I said eagerly and I heard the door open just enough to see him. They were as short as I thought they were. I looked directly at his legs they were as pale as paper, his legs were a bit hairy, not like carpet legs.. but you could easily tell they were men's legs. The red shorts came about 5 or 6 inches above his knees and were a little tight on him. I had a feeling he never, ever wears shorts and was glad that I was the one to get the pleasure to see him in shorts. I looked up at his face after examining around the shorts. His face was a light pink but he had an expression that came off as him trying not to look as embarrassed as he was.

"They look good on you." I smiled at him.

"I don't like them.." He said plainly and I laughed a little.

"Turn around!" I politely commanded smirking at him.

"Why?..." He chuckled a little then frowned as his face turned into more of a red color. It was adorable.

"So I can see them on you!"

"But you are seeing them on me...."

"Not all of you.." I laughed and he sort of rolled his eyes as his and smiled a little.

"Fine.." He said moping slowly around in a circle. He had a nice butt, I enjoyed looking at it as he spun around for me I tried being discrete about it. "There... I'm going to put my pants back on now," He said when he was facing me again and began to shut the door.

"Thanks for trying those on!" I said as soon as he opened the door back in his pants.

"You're welcome..." He muttered with a small smile and looked me in the eyes as his lit up a bit. After I put the shorts back we went up to the counter so I could pay for my few shirts and then we left the store since about an hour had passed. I was so happy him and I were hanging out, and he was talking to me and showing more then an angry emotion. I feel I can safely say that I do like Gerard now. I like him a lot. I still don't know him well obviously, but I can tell he's not usually an asshole, or at least not usually to me. In a short five minute walk we met back up with Toni and Mikey at the front of Game Stop, they each had a bag.

"Do you guys want to go into any other stores?" Mikey asked everyone.

"I don't NEED to.." I said.

"Yeah, I'm good too, if you guys are.." Toni agreed.

"Ok, we can go back to my house or something then..." Mikey shrugged as we all walked back out to Gerard's car. Toni and Mikey were talking a lot again and they both probably without realizing it, automatically took the two back seats leaving me to sit shotgun next to Gerard. I was totally ok with that! It made me wonder though if Toni might have told Mikey what I was thinking about Gerard and they intentionally sat back there because of that.. But I don't believe that's the case. I wanted to say something to Gerard but I didn't know what. I looked over at him, he was concentrating on the road. I didn't think he was noticing me admiring his gorgeous looks from a different angle. It had probably been about 20 seconds I was just looking at him but I didn't realize it.

"What?" he said and glanced over at me quickly and I jumped a little I didn't think he noticed because he went back to looking at the road.

"OH... sorry.. nothing..." I just said looking down chuckling at myself for staring at him long enough for him to notice and not realizing it...

"Ok..." He said slowly quickly giving me a strange looking. "Why were you staring at me?" He asked plainly with the slightest hint of paranoia in his voice.

"I like your hair." I told him, I kind of blurted it out I probably should have filtered my thought a bit, not that I don't like his hair, it probably just sounds a little strange. I should have went with 'just spacing out..'

"..Thanks.... I guess.." He laughed.

"You're welcome." I said I noticed he was blushing a tiny bit before I turned to looking out the window on my side. When I looked back at him a few minutes later he still had a small smile on his face. I don't think he gets compliments a lot. I suddenly began to wonder how many people he's dated, that's actually something I didn't think about yet. Probably like 3 or 4 people I'm sure, him being a senior and all, but also attractive.. and a nice guy on top of that... well at least what I know so far. I figured I would find out eventually how many people he's dated just not yet.

In a few minutes we were pulling into the Way's drive way. When everyone got out I didn't know whether to leave my bag in the car or bring it inside. I saw Toni take his in so I did the same and figured him and I were going to be walking home so it probably shouldn't be in the car anyways. When we went inside we saw that Mikey and Gerard's parents were home. It was a little after 5.