Status: So I guess I'm going to roll with this and keep writing? I'm making this up as I go which isn't what I originally wanted, but whatever. I'll just go with this hopefully I finish the story before I get bored with this.

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way 5.

"Hi," Mikey's mom smiled and greeted us, I waved and said hey back. "Mikey, are your friends going to be staying for dinner?" She asked as we all continued to move through the kitchen to the basement. Their dad was out in the living room watching something on TV.

"Yeah, what's for dinner?" Mikey asked.

"Spaghetti and garlic bread, I'm just going to start making it now, It'll be done in a half an hour." She told us as we walked down into the basement. Toni and Mikey went straight to the TV and Mikey put in his new game he bought, they both looked excited about it. Gerard sat down on a recliner that was next to the couch that could also see the tv. Apparently it was some sort of shooter game and could be a two player. Mikey and Toni played the first round then Mikey asked me if I wanted to play Toni after he lost to him. I lost to him and asked Gerard if he'd like to play him. Mikey looked a little surprised and worried at the same time. I think he was afraid Gerard was going to snap and be an asshole again to someone. He didn't.

"Sure," He responded in a more upbeat manor and Mikey looked again surprised, but this time relieved. I tried to pass him the controller to play but it wasn't long enough to reach his chair so he had to sit on the open spot next to me on the couch in between Toni and I. Mikey was sitting on the floor slightly in front of us all.
I couldn't help but notice Gerard sat a bit closer to me then Toni he was sitting with his butt on the edge of the couch leaning forward a little. I was happy about it. This was so far the closest I've been to him. We were only about 5 inches away from each other on the couch. I could begin to smell the delicious scent of whatever he had on in the car this morning since he was close enough to me now. It wasn't nearly as strong as this morning but it was still good. I had a small smile on my face the whole time he played. When he lost he passed his controller back to Mikey and ended up staying there instead of moving back to his old spot and slid all the way back on the couch. This time Toni and Mikey played Mikey won then I got to play Mikey next. When it got to Gerard 's turn he actually beat Mikey, and had to play Toni and lost, by this time their mom was calling us up for dinner.

"You and Gerard and your friends don't have to eat up here with your father and I if you don't want to," Mikey's mom told him when he reached the top of the stairs. "You can all eat downstairs if you'd like."

"What you don't want us in here Mom?" Mikey said sadly joking around with her.

"No! I just thought you'd like to eat with just your friends and not have me and your father around." She said thinking he was really serious.

"It's ok, I know Mom, I'm just joking." He explained feeling a little bad since she didn't really get it.

"Oh, ok, you can all help yourselves there are plates next to the pasta on the stove,"

"Ok, Thank you," I said smiling at her moving grabbing a plate after Toni.

"Thanks for letting us stay for dinner Mrs. Way," Toni turned to her and said.

"Oh, you're welcome, you can call me Donna," She smiled at him. "What's your name, I don't believe I've met you yet," She said politely.

"I'm Toni, her brother," He said pointing to me then went over to shake her hand.

"Nice, to meet you. That's nice you two are close in age, like Mikey and Gerard." She said looking at the both of us.

"Yeah it's cool, we get along really well," He agreed with her as I made myself a small plate and grabbed a piece of garlic bread. Gerard and Mikey had already made their way downstairs. Mrs. Way walked into the living room to go eat with Mr. Way. I went over to Toni who started making his plate.

"Yeah, I like Gerard now," I whispered to him, he looked up at me with a huge smile.

"I I thought so,"

"I'm so glad I got to go hang out with him, we didn't talk a whole lot but I we still talked." I informed him keeping my voice down so only Toni would hear.

"You'll get to talk to him more. Mikey told me he was all angry for the beginning of the week and said he seemed a lot different after you and him hung out at the mall." He told me smiling, I could tell he was happy for me that I got to hang out with someone I liked.

"Yeah, he seemed happier, I guess he's done being mad about whatever he was mad about." I whispered as Mikey came back upstairs saying he forgot to grab drinks, and told us to grab some for ourselves.

When the three of us walked back downstairs Mikey had put out 3 TV dinner tables for Toni, Gerard and I and he sat on the floor.

"Mikey, I can go sit on the recliner and you can sit here if you want since I keep losing anyways," I offered.

"No it's ok thanks, I'm totally fine on the floor actually.." He looked over and smiled at me.

We all continued playing each other, I hadn't won ever. About 15 minutes after I was done with my spaghetti, I offered to take everyone else's plates upstairs and I washed the spaghetti sauce off of all of them with just water so it wouldn't stick and rejoined everyone back downstairs. When I took my spot back on the couch Mikey and Toni said they were getting bored of the game and wanted to watch a movie instead.

"What movie are we going to watch guys?" Mikey asked standing up walking over to a small rack of movies next to the TV.

"Ohh!! Rocky Horror Picture show!" Toni said seeing it from the couch. "If that's ok with everyone else.." He chuckled.

"Yeah!! That's cool!" Mikey excitedly agreed and put in the DVD. "Ok, I'm going to sit on the couch with you guys for the Movie sorry, we're going to have to squish together." He said plopping down in between Gerard and Toni causing Gerard to scoot right up next to me so that we were touching. I silently freaked out in my head about that..

"It's ok Mikey." I said nodding at him.

"Good." He sighed.

"You guys are sooooooo lucky I chose to take a shower today.. I thought about skipping..." Toni felt the need to inform everybody.

"Thanks for showering.." Mikey mumbled at him and everyone laughed as the movie started. The majority of the movie I thought about Gerard and all the things I'd like to know about him but don't really know how to ask, since we haven't talked a lot yet. I was also interrupted in my thoughts with Toni bursting out randomly a line or two of some of the songs. I was so happy I was sitting next to Gerard who was sitting all the way back on the couch and seemed to be leaning a little closer to me then Mikey which made me smile. Once the movie was over it was only about 9:45 which was pretty early for a Friday night.

"That movie's always good.." Toni commented after Mikey put it back in it's case. "What should we do now.."

"I don't know I can't believe it's only 9:47!" Mikey said looking at his watch. "What do you guys feel like doing?"

"Something fun.." I stated blandly.

"Oh, oh really? You don't want to do something boring?" Toni said sarcastically at me.

"Well... I mean.. Maybe..." I said in a serious tone back.

"No." Toni said with the straightest coldest face and made everyone laugh.

"Really though... what should we do? What's fun..?" Mikey said sitting back down on the floor facing us.

"I heard trying on Gerard's underwear is... maybe we should do that.." Toni cracked and Mikey's and my mouths flew open as we started cracking up at the fact that he actually said that with Gerard present. Mikey and I both looked at Gerard wondering how he'd take it. He actually just started laughing! I think Mikey was more surprised about it then I was.

"Well... no one knows if it is, actually... no one got to try them on." I said calmly.

"YOU didn't get to try them on.." Mikey corrected laughing. "I and Ray were not going to try them on!"

"Why were going to try them on anyways?" Gerard looked over at me and asked.

"Well, Ray said he'd give me 15$ if I did.." I told him. "I wasn't going to steal them or anything! I promise!" I said making everyone laugh more.

"I didn't think you were going to steal them.." Gerard admitted calmly.

"I could have tried to though.." I warned joking around.

"Yeah.. but why would you?" Gerard asked laughing at me.

"Several reasons.. maybe I liked them and wanted to wear them for myself.. or maybe I wanted to smell them and keep them in a box under my bed, or sell them to someone.." I rattled off possibilities everyone cracked up at. It probably freaked Gerard out a little but hopefully he knew I was really joking and I wouldn't do any of those things.. and if I did ever keep a pair of his underwear.. it wouldn't be to smell them... just saying.

"Yeah.. I guess you could have done those things.." Gerard laughed giving me an odd look.

"Yup." I said blankly. Then looked over at Mikey who looked really happy. I think he was glad Gerard was back to his old self again maybe.. if this was his old self.

"Oh man, why am I related to you?" Toni put his hand to his face and his head down.

"Hey.... Hey.... you are proud I am related to you!" I said seriously pointing my index finger at Toni who just shook his head.

"But anyways.." Mikey politely cut in. "What do you guys want to do?

"Let's walk somewhere.." Toni suggested.

"Ok, where?"Mikey asked looking around at all of us.

"We could walk to that cemetery that's down the street.. it might be kind of fun since it's night time.." Gerard suggested.

"Yeahh!" Toni said nodding his head.

"Ok, let me go get some flash lights!" Mikey said going up stairs. After about 5 minutes he yelled back down to us that he found 4 and we could head over now. We all walked up stairs then outside down the street. Mikey and Toni were in front of Gerard and I , and again were talking.

"Are you scared?" I asked looking over at Gerard.

"No, are you?" He said calmly.

"No... not yet, at least." I said.

"Do you not like cemeteries?"

"No, they're ok, I've never been in one at night though. Maybe it'll be scarier then in the day... Probably not, but maybe," I shrugged and smiled at him glad he was talking to me a little more. "Have you been in any at night?" I asked.

"Just a couple times, It's not any scarier to me." He sort of shrugged as we approached the gate to it. Mikey undid the latch and we all walked through. It was a bit darker then out on the street since it had a tall fence all the way around it and some tall bushes. Toni and Mikey started wandering around reading the headstones at the far corners of it. It wasn't a huge cemetery but it wasn't tiny either. I went up to the first few ones that were closest to the door and Gerard followed me. I was just reading some of the dates on them, the front row seemed to consist of people who died around the 1930's.

I went around and looked at the dates on all the grave stones in the cemetery with Gerard following I commented on how some of the people died so long ago. The oldest someone had died was 1882 there were only a few others that were close to that date, they were all clustered around the same spot being some of the first ones in that cemetery. After we did a walk though Toni and Mikey wanted to go to the park near by. After walking about 10 minutes we had arrived to it. It was closer to the neighborhood we all lived in than the cemetery.

When we got out to the park Toni ran over to the jungle gym thing and began to climb it to go down the slide.

"Aren't you guys coming over here?" He called out to Mikey, myself and Gerard we were all lagging far behind him. He started running towards the jungle gym as soon as it was in view.

"Yeahh!" Mikey hollered out to Toni and began jogging a little over towards him as Toni descended the slide and ran back around to go down it again. I looked over at Gerard for a second who met my gaze. I just smiled for a second before we both looked back down at the ground.

"So.. how long have you and Mikey been friends?" Gerard asked me breaking the silence. I was happily surprised.

"A few days ago.. actually," I chuckled realizing how little time has passed.

"Oh.. that's cool, how did you guys start talking?"

"Well we had first block together the first day and then ended up having to sit next to each other in the back and we made small talk which lead to joking around, then we found out we had most of the rest of the day together." I explained as we approached the swings. "We knew who each other were though, and I've talked to Mikey before but, we just ended up talking more in depth then we had prior to that." I elaborated.

"Ohh.. that's cool..." He repeated while looking down and sitting on the swing next to me. "Who do you usually hang out with other then Mikey?" He asked while making eye contact with me. I couldn't believe he was asking me so much. I was really happy we were talking.

"Just my brother's friends mostly, he hangs out with a good amount of people who don't go to our school. He's plays guitar and stuff so he goes to local shows and next works with people and stuff."

"That's awesome, I heard he was a guitar player."

"Yeah.. he's really into it. He usually plays a lot at home... So.. who do you usually hang out with?" I asked returning the question from a few minutes ago.

"Just Ray and Mikey really.." He shrugged and moved back and forth on the swing a little without lifting his feet.

"Cool, Ray's pretty awesome.." I commented.

"Yeah. He is, other then him, and you and your brother.. a lot of the people at school are people I don't want to hang out with out side of there." He explained lightly, I wondered if it was because he felt the need to defend his lack of friends. Or maybe he was just trying to keep the conversation going.

"Yeah, I kind of see what you're saying, except I haven't really gotten to know people from the school. In middle school and last year and stuff I usually just kept to myself and would only really talk to Toni. I feel like I never really gave people at school a chance. Before I actually met you, I never even saw you around school or anything." I admitted to him, his mood changed a little as I looked into his eyes. It almost looked like I saw some sadness lingering in them. I wondered if it was because he felt bad for me that I hadn't really talked to people at school?

"Oh.. wow.. Yeah.. you probably wouldn't have I usually hang out in the art room during lunch and stuff." He said looking down at his feet.

"Or cause you're also a senior so you have classes in a different area, but that's cool. Are you really into art?" I asked making eye contact with him while his mood went back to normal luckily.

"Yeah I am and, I really like... comics.." He said shaking his head while looking down again. "I want to be a comic book artist."

"Wow, that's awesome," I said smiling over at him. "You should show me stuff you've drawn some time."

"Maybe.." We made eye contact again and his eyes lit up a little.

"FUCK!" I yelled a little as I was abruptly thrust forward by something behind me. I clutched the swing chains tighter so I wouldn't fall off. Then I heard Toni's laughter erupting from behind me followed by Mikey's and I could hear Gerard's a little as I sailed forward on the swing. "Oh my God.. I can't believe I didn't notice you get up behind me."

"It's not you, It's me." Toni said in such an overconfident way "I'm really, really good at sneaking around. I really should go work for the FBI and be a secret agent.."

"That would be such a cool job!" Mikey said sitting on the swing to the right of me since Gerard was still on my left.

"Hell yeah it would be!" Toni said as he continued to push me on the swing but not as hard as the first time. "Dude, I'd get to fricken go shoot people and have first fights with them, and learn how to pick locks and go be a ghost agent and stalk people! It'd be so sick.." Toni rambled I looked over at Mikey who was grinning like a little kid.

"Wow that'd be so exciting! What if it would be just like being in an action movie every day!"

"That would be pretty cool.." I added thinking about it.

"It totally would! OHH! You should go be one since I'm going to be a musician! Be one for me please! Get 10 times better at math and learn like 6 languages." Toni requested.

"I don't think I can get 10 times better at math and I kind of suck with different languages." I retorted.

"Well.. just try..."

"Ok. I guess." I agreed even though nothing more would ever come up after this conversation about it.

About 30 minutes later we walked back to the Way's house so Toni and I could grab our stuff from the mall. We said goodbye to Gerard and Mikey and began our walk back to our house.

"That was fun.. I'm glad we hung out with them." Toni informed me once we got to the end of their drive way.

"Yeah, me too. I'm glad you guys are friends now and I'm glad I got to spend time alone with Gerard too. Not that I don't like hang out with Mikey, he's awesome but.. you know.." I trailed off I was beginning to tired since we all did have school that day and woke up early.

"Yeah... I bet you are, bet you are.." Toni said grinning at me. "What were you guys talking about?"

"Just about who we hang out with.. I know he likes art and wants to be a comic book artist now and I asked if I could see his drawings some time." I admitted as Toni laughed at me.

A few minutes later we finally arrived at our house it was just midnight as we got into the house. My parents still weren't back from their restaurant yet. Toni went into his room probably to play guitar before going to sleep and I changed into my pjs and passed out in my bed.