Status: So I guess I'm going to roll with this and keep writing? I'm making this up as I go which isn't what I originally wanted, but whatever. I'll just go with this hopefully I finish the story before I get bored with this.

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way 7.

Monday morning came and Gerard and Mikey were once again in our drive way to give us a ride to school. When I got in the car I could smell whatever Gerard was wearing again and enjoyed it all the way to school.

The first couple blocks went by and consisted of Mikey and I talking about approaching the new girl he wanted to talk to whenever we'd have a few minutes to talk in and in between classes. I also ended up passing Gerard before one of my classes and we ended up making eye contact and smiling at each other! My stomach did a flip when he actually acknowledged me and I felt bad but I totally accidently was tuning Mikey out at that moment. He was feeling sort of nervous about him but I kept reassuring him that everything would go smoothly and telling him to just act like she's already his friend and that things would go easier that way.

"Oh man, are you ready for this?" I smiled at Mikey right after the bell signaling lunch sounded.

"I guess I have to be, don't I?" He answered but smiled at me. When we entered the lunch room and sat down at our usual spot until Mikey spotted her sitting at a different table that was close by, by herself.

"Let's wait at least a minute before we go over..." Mikey suggested. "You know, make it a little less like we've been planning this since yesterday." I laughed at his comment and looked up at the doors to the cafeteria and saw Gerard entering. I was pretty surprised, I always scanned for him at lunch ever since I saw him at Mikey's and had never seen him in the cafeteria and he even told me the other night that he usually stays in the art room. I was curious as to why he was in there.

"Ok, do you want to go now?" Mikey looked over at me, he looked pretty excited.

"Yeah! Let's go!" I answered and looked over at Gerard one more time, he had been looking in our direction but as I stood up he was turning back around, he was in the lunch line. Mikey and I made our way over to her table when we were 10 feet away she noticed us and looked up with a small smile.

"Hello," I greeted her before Mikey did.

"Hi," She responded in an upbeat way. She had black hair that came down past her shoulders about six inches, dark eyes and pale skin.

"Hey, Felecia, we were wondering if you'd like to sit with us for lunch.." Mikey spoke to her he didn't sound nervous at all I looked over at his face and he actually looked a lot calmer then I thought he would.

"Yeah, that would be cool," She said standing up.

"We sit over there.." Mikey pointed to our table and I looked back up at the lunch line to spot Gerard. He had only moved up in it about 5 feet. When I turned back around I saw Mikey begin to start walking to our table so I followed with his crush right behind me. We sat down at our table I sat down so I could see Gerard from the side of the table I was on, Mikey sat next to me and the new girl sat across from him. "So, where did you move here from?" Mikey began initiating conversation with her.

"Just from New York, not really far or anything, have you lived here your whole life?" She asked him back.

"Yup, I've only lived here.. So, do you like it here so far?" Mikey continued, he was doing really well, I really didn't even have to be there. He didn't need my help, maybe just the idea of him not knowing what to say and me being there to come in and help the situation was comforting and gave him confidence. I looked back at the line again and saw that Gerard had gotten some food and a drink. I wondered if he was going to head back to the art room or sit with us until I saw him look over at us and start heading our way. My eyes probably bulged out of my head when I saw that and hopefully Felecia and Mikey didn't see. I kept watching him until he looked at me and made brief eye contact with a small smile. when he got to the table he sat down on my left side. I was shocked! I was shocked he had even come to sit with us let alone sit next to me.

"Hey," He said quietly to me. I could still smell his wonderful scent from earlier in the car and his thigh was touching mine since the lunch table seats were kind of close together!

"Hey.. you're coming to enjoy some food with us?"

"Yup, I guess I'm hungry enough to eat today." His eyes locked with mine and they lit up a little then we broke eye contact a few seconds later. I was looking down at the lunch table in front of me then I began to feel his presence more a little closer to me and I just barely felt his hot breath near my ear. I was so happy with the fact that he had gotten closer to me then he had ever been that I almost didn't register what he had said. "Who's Mikey talking with?" he asked me extra quiet so they wouldn't hear or he wouldn't disturb their conversation. I turned my head towards him to answe and he was still really close to me but was facing forward so he could hear me. I leaned in a little closer to answer him then he had been to me.

"Her name is Felecia and she's new, she's in some of our classes." I whispered back. I only pulled back a few inches and continued to look at him.

"Does she usually sit with you guys?" He asked me facing me this time. I enjoyed being closer to him then I usually was it was amazing, not to sound lame.

"No, today is the first day." I answered making some more eye contact with him.

"Oh, that's cool." He responded then turned to the caesar salad he had just purchased. Even though I was looking away from him I was still smiling a tiny bit, I was trying my best not to. I didn't want anyone at the table to notice then ask my why I was smiling.

"Hey Gerard, you decided to have lunch with us?" Mikey asked finally noticing he sat down with us.

"Yeah.. I got hungry today." He told Mikey before Mikey told Felicia that he was his brother and then asked her if she had any siblings.

"So, your brother doesn't have this lunch?" Gerard asked looking over at me while he was taking a bit of some lettuce. It was cute for some reason, maybe because he kind of missed his mouth a little causing caesar dressing to be smeared around his mouth, then dropped his fork back into his salad container. He had to pick up his napkin and whip it off and before his napkin touched his face I noticed he was blushing a little from it.

"Well I think he does, he just likes to go walk to subway for it instead."

"Oh.. that's cool," Gerard said while looking at his fork before putting it in his mouth. Him and I made light casual conversation until the end of lunch as Mikey and Felecia were too. Mikey had ended up getting Felecia's number and invited her to hang out with us some time. She agreed to and got his number as well.

"Bye," I smiled at Gerard as we both got up a minute after the bell for the end of lunch sounded.

"I'll see you at the end of the day, I'm giving you and Toni a ride home." He told me! Even though he has given Toni and I a ride home I thought it was extra sweet then because HE told me HE was going to, it wasn't Mikey telling or asking him to. It was coming from him, that made me so happy! I was really hopeful that the next time I was going to hang out with him outside of school that I would definitely get to hang out with him alone!

"OH MY GOD!" Mikey turned to me and said excitedly after we were in the hall way and Gerard had gone his way and Felecia had headed for her class.

"I know!!!" I cheered for him. "I'm so glad you guys talked! She seems really nice, and you kept conversation with her, and you guys seemed like talking was easy for you!" I continued.

"I know!!! I can't wait to hang out with her outside of school! Do you think I should ask to hang out with her today? Or is that too soon?"

"Well, you invited me to hang out the first day we started talking, I think it'd be totally fine." I gave him my honest opinion.

"Awesome!! I can't wait!" Mikey said excitedly. The rest of the day actually went by pretty quickly before I knew it Mikey and I were walking out to Gerard's car with Toni. While we all got in the car together I began to wonder if Mikey had mentioned he had liked Felecia to Gerard or Toni. I should have asked Mikey if he told them, or cares if they know when we were alone 10 minutes ago.

"So...... what's everyone's plans for tonight? Coming over to the Way's house to hang out?!" Mikey asked excitedly as Gerard was pulling out of the parking lot.

"If that's an invitation to hang out, I kindly accept." I told Mikey.

"Guys.... I don't mean to be a dick.. but I'm going to jam with this kid who txted me today, we haven't played since the weekend before school and he wanted to get a band going and told me today he knows this drummer now who can come play today.." Toni told us. "I would totally hang out with you guys if all of that didn't come up! I hope you don't feel like I'm blowing you off! I'm sorry I just really want to be in a band! I love my guitar, I want to do that with my life, I love you guys too though-" Toni apologized and started rambling.

"It's ok!!" Mikey cut him off as we all started laughing at him. "Really, it's cool you don't have to feel bad! Ray didn't hang out with us a few days ago because he had school stuff and guitar and told me he can't tonight, it's ok. This is not your job where you if you don't show up you get fired." Mikey continued.

"Ok.. cool I just don't want you guys to feel like I'm dumping you.." Toni went on.

"We do not! You have a life outside of us Toni, we know." Mikey said again. "So I guess we will be dropping you off then at your home.." Mikey pointed out mostly to Gerard as we got on to the street My house was on. Gerard pulled in the drive way.

"I guess this is goodbye guys.." Toni said as if he weren't going to ever see us again while he climbed out of his seat and went around to the passenger's side.

"Goodbye until the morning." Mikey corrected.

"Can you bring my backpack inside and put it in my room please?" I asked when Mikey rolled down his window and I opened my door.

"Yeah sure," He told me quickly and completely void of emotion. "Bye Mikey!" Toni said in a sad overly dramatic tone while throwing his arms through Mikey's open window to give him a hug. Mikey just started laughing with Gerard. "Bye Gerard!" Toni squeaked to him and threw arm out towards him but put the other hand on his heart.

"Bye to you too Toni," Gerard said as I shoved my bag into Toni's arm.

"Until morning!" Mikey said and waved in a mock sadness matching Toni's.

"See you later.." I just sort of mumbled to him during his dramatic exit. As we drove to the Way's Mikey began to tell Gerard that he was going to invite "the girl from lunch", Felecia over. He didn't mention anything more about liking her or anything though. I'm not sure why, I didn't know if he wanted it to be a secret, maybe he was afraid to say he was trying to date her then be rejected. I don't know.

When we got inside Gerard went into the kitchen and Mikey went and grabbed a phone and dragged me upstairs into his room.

"I'm going to call her now! I'm so excited! But I'm so nervous!" Mikey told me clutching the phone.

"You've got this don't worry!" I reassured him.

"Ok! You're right!"

"Yup! You and her talked so much at lunch I would have had to interrupt you to talk to you or her, I'm sure she'll come over and if not she probably would the next time because she would legitimately be busy."

"Yes! I'm going to do it!" He said looking down at the phone and pressed talk and began dialing the numbers. He looked cool and collected for a second it seemed like all of his panic had gone. "OH MY GOD IT'S RINGING!" He hollered frantically at me and shot me a terrified look through his glasses. Then a second later he collected himself again. "Hey, is this Felecia?" He said as if he would have been calling anyone else. I started laughing at how quickly his mood was going from sheer panic and terror to solidly cool. I was trying my best not to let Mikey or Felecia hear me I was pacing across the other end of the room. "Would you want to come hang out with me today... if you're not busy or anything..." I was really happy for Mikey though and I was proud of him for going ahead and deciding to go talk to her. "Ok Awesome, do you drive, If not I can come pick you up..... Ok... where do you live? Ohhh ok I know where that is, I'll be over in about 15 minutes.... ok.... yup..... bye!" He hung up the phone. "AHHHHHH! She's coming over!" Mikey yelled running up to me waving his arms all about in the air.

"See!!! Of coarse she would come over! I'm so happy for you!" I said putting both of my hands up above my head to high-five him.

"Thank you!" He said breathing out and calming down. "Thank you for your moral support, I sincerely appreciate it!"

"You are very welcome! So I overheard that we're giving her a ride here?"

"Yes!" Mikey jumped up and exclaimed like he had forgotten all about that. "Gerard!" He screamed taking off for the stairs with me following slowly behind.

"Yeah.." Gerard said in a voice that seemed like a whisper compared to Mikey's yelling when we had reached the living room.

"Can you please give us a ride to pick up Felecia?! Please!"

"Does she live close by?"

"Yeah, she lives close enough to walk but I said pick her up and that makes me sound like I'll be in a car, so I want to be there in a car at least for the first time.."

"Uh...... ok... Let's go then.. I guess." He said with a concerned look on his face. I wasn't sure if he had thought that Mikey liked this girl or not yet. "So why do you seem like you're freaking out about this?" Gerard casually asked Mikey who had been sitting in the back so he could sit net to Felecia when she got in the car. I wasn't going to complain at all about that I was more then happy I got to sit up next to Gerard in the front seat.

"What?! I'm not freaking out? Am I freaking out?!"

"Yeah... kind of... what's the big deal about this?"

"Gerard, I want to go out her. Or want to try at least, I don't know if she'll like me back or anything.. but hopefully this is heading in the right direction." He confessed to his brother. I looked over at Gerard his expression didn't turn to one of surprise, it didn't really change at all about it.

"Ohh, Ok, well.. Good Luck Mikey.." He said nodding at him in the rear view mirror.

"Thanks Gerard.." About a minute later we were in Felecia's drive way. Mikey got out to go knock on her dark blue door leaving Gerard and I alone together in silence.

"Do you think they'll end up dating?" Gerard asked. I turned to meet his gaze, it was cloudy out at the moment and white was reflecting off of everything and his eyes looked more green then brown.

"Yeah, I think they will actually... What about you?"

"I don't know yet.." He broke our eye contact to look over and see Mikey and Felecia making their way to the car.

"Hello!" I turned to greet Felecia as she got her seat belt on.

"Hi," Gerard greeted her as well.

"So how have you been since lunch?" I asked her before Mikey would start talking to her. I wanted to try and get to know her she seemed nice and I didn't really get a chance to talk to her at lunch. I was hoping I wouldn't ask any questions Mikey already asked her at lunch since I was sitting right near her.

"I'm been good thanks, What about you?" She laughed a little.

"Pretty good as well, so did you move here at the beginning of the summer?" I kept going with the conversation, I looked back at Mikey from the passenger's side mirror he seemed to be happy.

"The beginning, it sucked because I wanted to spend one last summer with my friends from back home but we had to move because of my dad's job, I guess we couldn't wait a couple of months to move, we just had to go."

"Ohh, that does suck! I'm sorry.."

"Thanks, but it's ok. They're at least only a couple of hours away so it's really not that, that big of a deal." Her and I carried casual conversation until we got to the Way's house again.

When we arrived Mikey had given her the tour of the house minus trying on Gerard's underwear. I followed Mikey and Felecia, Gerard was sitting in the living room drawing. I kind of wondered why he wasn't really hanging out with us today. I wondered if Mikey and I were hanging out alone if Gerard would hang out with us as well. I wondered if maybe it's because Felecia's around and Gerard doesn't want to inter-fear with them and thinks Mikey won't want him around. Or maybe he likes hanging out with Toni and Ray and doesn't really like hang out with me, and since he doesn't know Felecia and doesn't like hanging out with me... He totally wouldn't hang out with us. I didn't totally believe that because he did happen to sit down next to me at lunch today, why would he go do that if he didn't like hanging out with me? It really bummed me out I was trying not to show it at all or anything. It bummed me out especially today though. I hate to admit it but I started feeling like a 3rd wheel as soon as Mikey started giving her the tour of his house. They were mostly talking to each other, which was fine because he wants to go out with her and I thought that was awesome that they were talking! But, it kind of made me think... well.. why am I here then? Hang out with her and get to know her, I don't have to be standing by your side quietly for you to do that! In the back of my mind I was also hoping that I might get to spend some time with Gerard since Mikey was getting to know Felecia.

The tour of the house ended up stopping in Mikey's bed room they both sat down on the floor and kept up their intense conversation I looked at Mikey's alarm clock that was near his bed, I realized that it had been 18 minutes of them talking and I haven't said a thing the whole time. I really wanted to slip out of the room and go talk to Gerard, except since he wasn't already hanging out with us I started convincing myself that he didn't really like hanging out with me. I sat there debating to myself weather or not I should go try and talk to Gerard, even if he doesn't want to hang out with me maybe I should just give it a shot anyways.

I got up and began quietly walking out of the room towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Mikey asked looking over at me a little surprised but he still looked very happy.

"I'm going to go see what Gerard's up to," I told him the truth.

"Ohh ok.." He nodded happily and him and Felecia carried on with their conversation.

I walked down stairs and saw that Gerard was still parked on the couch with his sketch book. I quietly came up behind him and peered over his shoulder at it. It was only about 5 seconds of me standing there until I heard him acknowledge me.

"Hey, what's up?" He spoke and turned towards me. He had a smile on he didn't look like he would have to hang out with me.

"Not much... I just thought I'd hang out with you if that's ok.." I had a hopeful look in my eyes I knew he could read.

"Yeah, of coarse I don't mind. It's cool." I saw his eyes light up and that made me feel stupid for even thinking that he didn't like hanging out with me.