Status: So I guess I'm going to roll with this and keep writing? I'm making this up as I go which isn't what I originally wanted, but whatever. I'll just go with this hopefully I finish the story before I get bored with this.

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way

Who's the Kid in the Basement? Gerard Way 8.

"So what are you drawing?" I asked still standing behind the couch.

"Just some random stuff... You can sit down on the couch you know.." He replied coolly.

"Ok.." I agreed and sat about 2 feet away from him.

"You can sit closer then that.. I won't bite.." He informed laughing at me.

"Oh.. well it's not that that I'm worried about.." I started saying as I scooted until him and I were about 4 inches apart. "Just the smell..." I finished I was obviously joking with him but he didn't think so. His eyes bulged out a little he looked surprised.

"Do I really smell bad?" He seemed a little freaked out.

"No!!! I'm joking!!!" I said as I started laughing pretty hard, I felt bad he was self conscious but it was funny he believed me.

"Are you sure?!" He asked again still looking kind of freaked out.

"Yes! I'm positive." I said looking him in the eyes he seemed to calm down a bit more but still looked like he didn't completely believe me. Like maybe it was a whole passive aggressive thing where I was trying to manipulate him into putting deodorant on or something. "Honestly, I think you usually smell amazing. I don't know what it is you wear, but I love how it smells." I decided to tell him how I felt about that. I was a little worried he'd read to much into it and get freaked out, but I didn't want him to be self conscious about what I said at all. It was just a joke.

"Oh... thank you." He said and smiled again, he quickly looked back down at his drawing as I noticed his cheeks turn a light shade of red. It was adorable.

"So, what sort of stuff do you draw?" I asked after about half a minute of silence.

"Just.. random cartoon stuff.. superheros..." He answered while finishing up a drawing of a vampire. then he flipped to the beginning of his sketch book and started showing me all of his drawings while explaining things about them. The beginning pages had the same monkey drawing that was on his dry erase board. They also had a huge fish and a boy with a striped sweater with a guitar. He also had a bunch of superheros he created and he was explaining me the powers he had given them and stuff. He also had drawings of cartoon creatures that looked like a mix of a few different things. He had a page with a mutant space gorilla on it, and other stuff. By the time we got to his most recent work again his mom came through the door holding groceries.

"Hello!" She greeted us politely while walking into the kitchen.

"Hi," I responded.

"Hey mom.."

"Honey, where's Mikey?" she asked him. It made me wonder if that was because she had thought Mikey and I were closer friends and found it odd that Gerard and I were hanging out. I had felt like she might have never noticed since the times she had seen us we were all hanging out. Except for the first time I was over here.

"He's up in his room, he's got a friend over as well." He answered her back. I was pretty surprised at the way he had worded it. He made it sound like I came over to hang out with HIM not Mikey. "Do you want to go hang out downstairs?" He asked me while he got off the couch.

"Sure." I said following him into the kitchen.

"Hi, You're welcome to stay for dinner if you'd like, we're just having hamburger helper." Donna informed me.

"Ok, thank you!" I politely responded right before Gerard and I had reached the basement stairs. When we entered his bedroom he placed his drawing pad down on the nightstand and sat down on the bed. I just sort of stood in the middle of the room not knowing weather to sit next to him on the bed or just sit on the floor in front of him.

"You can sit down on the bed you know.." He informed, it made me smile it was as if he had read my mind.

"You're really good at drawing.." I commented looking over at the sketch pad he had put on his nightstand. I didn't remember telling him that while he was showing me his drawings.

"Thanks.." He smiled while looking down at his feet.

"You're welcome... What's your favorite color?" It was a pretty random question but I figured I would ask him, It came to my mind.

"I'd probably say black... What about you?" He asked looking over at me.

"I know it's a weird color to pick as a favorite but... I believe mine is grey. It used to be red but recently I've noticed myself picking out and having things be grey more often. So I guess it's grey." I answered while looking down at his feet like he now was. I noticed there was an ashtray that was half way tucked under his nightstand. It was dirty didn't have any cigarettes in it.

"That's cool though, I like grey. It's a cool color." He looked back over at me and noticed I was looking at his ashtray.

"You smoke?" I asked him casually. I didn't want to come off like it was something that bothered me.

"Yeah.. occasionally... I really only smoke when I drink, which I don't usually that often." He started explaining. "What about you? You're not a smoker are you?"

"Nope,"

"Oh.. Can you smell the smoke at all? Does it bother you?" He asked getting up and going to pick up the ashtray.

"No! No, it's fine. Both my parents were smokers until last year, it doesn't bother me." He looked up at me and I smiled at him.

"Oh.. Ok.." He said returning my smile. "So.. can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, go ahead.." I responded wondering what it would be. He had a confused look on his face.

"What's the joke about your cat telling you to do things? I've heard you and Mikey mention that a few times and I was just curious what the joke was."

"Oh..." I started laughing as soon as he brought it up but told him the story. We ended up talking for the next hour in his room until his mom had called us letting us know that dinner was done. We headed upstairs and got ourselves plates. I compliment Donna on how it tasted when I tried some. She had told Gerard and I to get some for ourselves first. Mikey and Felecia came downstairs a minute after Gerard and I had sat down. Mikey introduced Felecia to Donna before they both made their own bowl and sat at the table with us. Donna had taken hers out to the living room to eat while watching a show.

"How's everything going with you guys?" Mikey asked us with a smile on.

"Great.. what about with you guys?" I asked them back, but directed that more to Mikey.

"It's going awesome.." He said with a smile that said 'thank you for your support' on it. I was happy for Mikey. I wanted things to work out with him and Felecia he seemed to really like her, and I liked her, she was nice. While we all ate dinner at the table we actually all had one conversation as opposed to Mikey and Felecia having their own and Gerard and I having our own. We talked for another 20 minutes after we had finished eating. Then Mikey mentioned that Felecia and him wanted to watch a movie and asked Gerard and I if we wanted to join. We both accepted and picked up our plates and joined them out in the living room. Felecia and Mikey sat on the couch that was facing the TV and Gerard and I sat on the love seat that was facing the kitchen but you could still see the TV from it pretty well.

Throughout the movie I was only half way paying attention. I was mostly thinking about how awesome it was that I was hanging out with Gerard. I was glad that I got to hang out with him alone and talk to him more and get to know him. I was so happy it was going well too and wondered what it would be like if him and I started dating. I concluded that it would totally blow my mind... I really like Gerard a lot. I found myself realizing that I like him a lot more now then I liked the three other people I've dated, while I've dated them. I don't love him or anything.. but I do like him a lot. As I was deep in my crazy thought on this topic I began to sense Gerard leaning towards me. For whatever reason, my brain jumped to the conclusion 'he's putting his arm around you!' Which wasn't happening unfortunately, but regardless I felt adrenalin rush through my body followed by a tingling sensation. Gerard had leaned a little closer to me then he had at lunch, I was paying so much attention to how close he was to me that I barely registered what he had said.

"Are you thirsty? Do you want more soda?" He spoke quietly. My body was still tingling as I looked over at him to answer.

"Yeah, sure.." I began to get up to go get myself some more soda.

"I'll get it," He spoke again looking me in the eyes. I was surprised he was volunteering to get me soda!

"It's ok, I can get it, you don't have to get up." I whispered back.

"No, I got it. Stay here," He smiled at me motioning for me to sit back down as he stood up.

"I'll try to.. I kind of feel like randomly leaving for no reason, but I'll try and stay here," I joked with him before he walked over to the kitchen. I was kind of wondering why he had felt like some more soda. It was a really nice gesture, not that he's not nice, but it was just, different. It made me feel like him and I were probably almost as close of friends as Mikey and I were. I smiled thinking about that. I definitely wanted to be at least that close with him. I looked over at Mikey and Felecia to see how they were doing and they were both sitting just as close as Gerard and I were and were intently watching the movie. A second later I heard the front door opening and I saw Mr. Way come through it. He just smiled and waved at the three of us before heading into the kitchen. I heard him and Gerard talking briefly before Gerard reappeared with my soda.

"Thanks a lot!" I smiled looking up into his eyes as he handed my glass to me.

"You're welcome." He laughed at my enthusiasm.

After the movie was over we all talked for a little bit and then it was apparently 9:08 and Felecia announced that she had to be home by 9:30 tonight. Gerard offered to drive her home but she said she would be find walking. Mikey told her he was walking her home and they both head out the front door leaving Gerard and I alone on the couch.

"Wow, she didn't have to leave so soon, she actually could have stayed for 10 more minutes and made it home on time.." Gerard pointed out looking at the clock on his phone.

"That's a cool phone.." I told him looking down at his phone.

"Thanks, I don't even remember the name of it, it's pretty old. What kind do you have?" He asked looking over at me.

"I don't have one.." I admitted.

"What?!" He said giving me a skeptical look. "You're joking.." He added still holing disbelief. He looked like he was waiting for me to go 'nahhhh just kiddinnn.' And start laughing but, I really don't have one.

"Nope, I'm lame I don't have one.." I laughed still looking at him.

"What?! Why not?!" He asked looking back down at his phone.

"Well, It's been a long time since I've had any friends that I've been close enough with to really talk to them on one. Most of the people I hang out with are Toni's friends and they all have his number.." I informed him.

"Wow.." He said looking back up at me again. "Well, you should get one now." He told me matter-of-factly.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because.. You have friends who would talk to you on it now.."

"Hmmm... I don't know... I don't think they would.." I said joking around.

"Well, I would talk to you on it if you had one." He said smiling at me. My stomach did a back flip. I couldn't believe he said that. As stupid of a thing it is to freak out about I just couldn't help it! He was telling me he would talk to me on the phone!

"Wow really?!" I said in 'fake excitement' I was trying to make it look like it was a joke being so over the top, and that's how he took it.

"Definitely." He nodded being completely serious.

"Awesome, I'll have to get one tomorrow or something!" I said grinning enormously at him. I was trying to tone it down.

"You better!" He said again acting serious. "You should also let me be the first one of your friends to have your number." He added.

"What if you're not?" I asked with a mischievous smile on.

"I would be incredibly hurt... It would be like you weren't giving me credit for my good idea, so I NEED to be the first friend of yours to have your number." He repeated again and gave me a warm smiled.

"Ok, I'll be sure to call your cell phone so you get my number as soon as I can make a call with it." I smiled back holding eye contact. "Even though I don't know your number.. it's ok though I'll just call every number in existence with a New Jersey area code.. that's not my house phone... or my parent's cell phones... or Toni's phone.... or the restaurant's number.... or your house phone.. until I get your cell phone number. I rambled while he laughed at me.

"Oh, but you wouldn't just call my house phone to give it to me, cause that'd make too much sense right?" He asked as we both laughed harder at him making fun of me.

"Right, right, see that's too easy.. I can't go taking the quick way out with that.. nope." I elaborated.

"Oh of coarse, what was I thinking?" He said and just after Mikey burst into the room.

"HOLLY SHIT YOU GUYS!" He yelled at us excitedly while running over.

"What?!" Gerard and I both said in unison, I had much more enthusiasm.

"I asked Felecia out on a date!" He said excitedly.

"And she said yes?!" I finished for him and stood up to give him a double high five above my head.

"YES!!!" He confirmed as locked fingers with me then began jumping around in a circle.

"Wow that's so awesome! I'm so happy for you! I knew she would!" I told him before sitting back down. After all the excitement was over since it was 10 by now I told them I should probably get home and Mikey told me he wanted to walk me home. I waved goodbye to Gerard who me smiled at me, it seemed a little different the usual though. I'm not sure how to describe it but it made me feel like I was a little more connected to him after it. He told me he would see me in the morning, I really wanted to hug him but decided I wouldn't. Then Mikey and I made our way out of the door.

"Hey.. Thanks so much for putting me up to talking to her and everything! I really appreciate it! I'm so sorry if you felt like a 3rd wheel and if that's why you left to go hang out with Gerard! I wanted to apologize about that!" Mikey started saying immediately before we even reached his drive way.

"You're welcome! I'm really glad you ended up talking to her and that now you guys are going to go on a date! But it's ok, It was good for me to go, you guys got to have time to get to know each other and stuff.. don't worry about it Mikey!" I reassured him.

"Ok.. But I still feel bad. I didn't mean to blindly ditch you!" He said looking upset.

"It's ok! It didn't seem like that and that's not how I thought of it as! You didn't ditch me!" I smiled at him and he looked a little more relaxed about it.

"Ok..." He smiled back at me. "Hey.." He turned to me and stopped for a second.

"You obviously know who I want to go out with... Is there anyone that you want to go out with?" He asked me looking suspiciously like he knew there had to be someone. I believe my face showed a little bit of panic as well which really gave it away. I was wondering if I should try and play it off like there's no one, or if I should just tell him that it's Gerard. I knew lying and making someone up or saying someone else's name wasn't an option. I really hate lying to people about stuff, I'd rather say that it was no one then make up somebody. Although that would probably still count as lying, I would look at it as denying..

"Uh... I don't know.. Maybe.. I guess.." I tried to seem really casual about it like 'I wasn't all the way sure if I was really into this person.'

"Really!? Who is it?! Is it someone I know? Did you tell anyone else yet?!" Mikey excitedly blurted out.

"Well, it is someone you know.. and I did mention it to Toni.."

"Who?!" Mikey pressed.

"umm... well I'm kind of nervous about saying.."

"It's ok, I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to! you can trust me!"

"Oh, I know I can trust you Mikey, I just don't know how you'll react."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know... I'm just scared that..... maybe you'd think it'd be weird for me to like this person.." I explained gazing at him nervously. He just smiled before answering.

"Well, I don't think there's anyone you could like that I would think it would be weird for you to like them.." He told me honestly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah.. who is it?"

"Ok.. Um... well...." I said slowly he looked intrigued.

"Well?" Mikey said wanting me to spit it out.

"It's.... Gerard..." I finished looking him in the eyes and it didn't seem like his expression changed and he just smiled a little bigger, it almost seemed like a knowing smile and didn't say anything for what seemed like 10 minutes but was really only 30 seconds. That made me think he probably could tell.
"Was it that obvious?" I asked looking kind of nervous thinking that if Mikey knew Gerard probably knows.

"No..." He said still holding his smile. "But it doesn't surprise me either... It's cool you like Gerard." He informed me. He looked like his eyes lit up.

"Really? It is?"

"Yes! Defiantly!!!" He kept grinning at me.

"Ok.. cool.." I laughed feeling a little awkward. He wasn't saying much but was smiling quite a lot. "You're not going to.... tell him.. are you?"

"No, if you don't want me to I won't." He assured me.

"Yeah, maybe not.. I mean unless you think it would be a good idea or something.. but other then that... Nah you probably shouldn't tell him.."

"Ok, I won't, I'll see you tomorrow! With Gerard!" He smiled at me standing on my door step.

"Ok, that sounds good Mikey, I'll see you in the morning!" He thanked me again one last time before walking back down my drive way. I was so relieved he didn't care that I liked Gerard. He almost seemed happy about it, he hadn't said much though and that freaked me out a little bit.

As I stepped inside I was greeted by some vague music coming up from the basement, who ever Toni had invited over was still here. They were probably going to be out in another 15 minutes since by then it'd be 10:30 and it is a Monday night.. Remembering the conversation Gerard and I had, I went into my parents bedroom to tell them I wanted to get a cell phone tomorrow or Wednesday.. or really some point this week. My dad agreed to take me to get one tomorrow so he could put me on their plan since I have enough money to buy one. Before I decided to go to bed I had pistachio ice cream I remembered was in the freezer then watched TV in my room before going to bed.

The next morning as I began taking a shower to get ready for school I wondered if it was going to be weird having Mikey know about me liking Gerard while the three of us are in the same place. I figured it wouldn't. I assumed Mikey would act like I hadn't ever told him.

While Toni and I had coffee in the kitchen waiting for Gerard and Mikey to show up he filled me in on how his practice went with the kids from yesterday and I let him know that I told Mikey that I like Gerard, as well as how I'd be getting a cell phone after school since it was Gerard's idea. He seemed pretty surprised at that too. A minute later we heard them pulling into the drive way.