Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

Run

Sleep didn't come easily to Angela; her mind was plagued with thoughts of Daryl, and the conversations she had with him and Lori. She didn't know why she cared so much about Daryl, it was obvious he didn't care about her, but she couldn't help it. Seeing him hurt bothered her more than anything.

Angela woke when the sun began to rise, the soft rays shining through the mesh of her tent and dancing across her face. Rolling over in her bed, she looked around her small tent to see Layla sound asleep across from her with Samantha lying beside her. A smile tugged at her lips as she looked at them before deciding to get ready for the day.

Angela threw on a clean pair of jeans and t-shirt before leaving her tent to find that most of the camp was still asleep and all was quiet. Dale sat on the roof of the RV keeping watch, even if the farm seemed safe they weren't about to let their guard down.

"Mornin' Dale." Angela called up to the man.

"Morning, you're up a bit early." Dale noted sending her a smile.

"Just woke up so I decided to greet the day. I'm sure everyone else will be up in a few as well."

"I wouldn't be surprised." Dale chuckled

"Have you seen Rick, or is he still asleep?" Angela questioned.

"I believe he's in the house with Carl."

"Thank you Dale." Angela said making her way to the farmhouse. She was halfway there when someone called out to her.

"What do you need Rick for?" Angela turned to see Shane drawing closer to her.

"Just need to ask him a question is all." Angela said trying to continue to the house only to have Shane keep in step with her.

"You know he's with Carl right now, so why not ask me. I'll know just as well as Rick will."

"I want to see Carl anyways, see how he's doing. Besides I'd rather ask Rick."

"Carl's fine, just ask me your question." Shane ordered as they stopped at the stairs.

"I want to see him Shane, and I want to ask Rick, just drop it." Angela said turning from Shane and jogging up the steps to go through the front door. Just as quickly as it began to open, it was forced closed. Shane stood by Angela with his hand firmly on the door, keeping her from entering the house.

"Just leave Rick alone Angela and ask me." Shane stated again.

"My question most likely has nothing to do with you. Besides I know I'll get the right answer from Rick, so that's who I want to ask." Angela said trying to open the door again, but unable to move it much thanks to Shane, who was about to respond to her before another voice rang out from the other side of the screen door.

"What do you want to ask me?" Rick questioned coming to the door. Angela and Shane stepped away to let him out.

"Rick, how's Carl?" Angela questioned trying to gain some confidence to ask the real question on her mind. A smile came to Rick's face.

"He's good should be on his feet at some point today."

"That's good to hear." Angela said a smile gracing her own features.

"That wasn't what you were going to ask me though was it." Rick stated more than asked as he looked at Angela, whose smile began to falter.

"Not really, I was wondering if anyone was making a run into town today?"

"That's what you wanted to ask?!" Shane exclaimed. Rick held up a hand to silence him before he could continue.

"Yes, Shane's going into town today, a part Maggie hasn't wondered into, to see if there's anything we could use. Why do you want to know?" Rick explained both him and Shane eyeing her closely.

"Well, my leg is better and-"

"You're not going." Shane stated bluntly cutting Angela off.

"Why not? I'm a good shot, and I'm quick on my feet. I want to pull my weight around here and doing laundry isn't cutting it. Let me prove myself, show that I'm a good addition to this group and not just another mouth to feed." Angela pleaded. Shane looked at Rick expectantly.

"Your run Shane, it's your call, but she makes a good point." Rick shrugged. Shane let out an aggravated breath before looking at Angela.

"Alright you can go, but you do what I say. You're not going into town shooting noisily at every damn walker there."

"I know Shane I'm not dumb and I have a bow, silent and quick. We won't be attracting attention to ourselves." Angela said a smile creeping onto her face again.

"We better not. We're leaving right after breakfast so you better be ready and not keep me waiting."

"Don't worry Shane I won't." Angela said turning and walking down the steps to make her way back to camp.

Angela noticed more people were roaming the camp now as she walked to her tent only to find it empty. A slight frown etched its way onto her face as she turned, leaving her tent in search of her little sister. She began to weave her way through the tents hoping to spot her sister or the protective Border collie, but both were nowhere to be found. Continuing her search, Angela came across Carol preparing breakfast for the group.

"Morning Carol." She said catching the woman's attention.

"Good morning Angela." Carol replied looking briefly at Angela before turning back to her cooking.

"Have you seen Layla, I can't find her."

"I saw her with Glen a few minutes ago talking about playing with Samantha in the fields away from the barn."

"Okay, thank you Carol." Angela stated walking away. She found the two people running around together while Samantha barked wildly. "Ya wearin' Glen out this morning Layla!" Angela called with a smile. The three stopped running for a moment before Layla ran to Angela, Glen slowly following.

"Where were you this morning?" Layla asked hugging her older sister.

"Sorry I just left you; I had to go ask Rick a question, but today I need you to stay with Lori or someone while I make a run with Shane okay?"

"Okay, just be careful." Layla said holding Angela tighter in fear of losing her again. Angela hugged her just as tight.

"No worries I will be." Angela said before looking at Glen. "You alright?"

"Yeah just trying to catch my breath. She sure can run." Glen breathed.

"She wanted to be like our dad, he would always go for a run during the week and Layla decided that she wanted to run too. I guess you can say she worked pretty hard at running as far as dad would, she'd always run with Samantha around our big backyard and eventually dad let her come with him.” Angela explained as they walked back to camp.

"He sounds like a good guy." Glen said.

"He was the best. He died protecting our mother, and then killed her once he turned." Angela practically whispered.

"I'm sorry." Glen said placing a hand in her shoulder. Angela looked towards him but his gaze had fallen somewhere past her and he looked nervous. Turning she saw Maggie standing on the porch, before looking back at him.

"Everything okay between you and Maggie?"

"W-What do you mean?" Glen stuttered looking away.

"I mean you two seemed pretty close, now you're acting nervous when you see her and it’s not a good nervous, like butterflies in your stomach, but a something's wrong type of nervous."

"Oh, we just had a disagreement of sorts." Glen confessed still refusing to look at Angela.

"Okay, I'm not going to press for answers. You'll speak when you’re ready to."

"Carl!" Layla exclaimed running to greet her friend who was finally on his feet. Angela and Glen wore smiles as they approached the group where breakfast was being served.

"Good to see you on your feet Carl." Angela said coming to stand by the fire.

"Thanks, I'm so happy to be out of the house." Carl replied taking a plate from his mother.

"Someone should take a plate inside to Daryl." Carol said continuing to make everyone a plate.

"I'll do it." Angela offered receiving the next plate to take to him and beginning to head towards the house.

"Remember Angela, were leaving shortly so hurry up." Shane stated, but Angela just continued walking.

She soon found herself standing in front of the bedroom door, her nerves causing her to hesitate. With a deep breath she knocked only to revive a muffled 'what' before entering, catching Daryl's eye as she kicked the door shut.

"Brought you breakfast." She said handing him the plate, receiving a nod as thanks. She stood there for a moment while Daryl began to eat, trying to find the words to say, but none came to mind so she turned to leave.

"Ya goin' on that run today?" Daryl asked just as her hand touched the doorknob. She faced him then and leaned against the wall.

"Yeah, Shane and I are going to a part of town no one here's been to." Angela answered softly.

"Thought ya didn't trust Shane."

"I don't, but I want to go. I want to pull my own weight around here and I think this supply run is going to help me do that."

It was silent then, the only sound was Daryl eating. It wasn't particularly awkward, but it wasn't a very comfortable one either. Angela's gaze shifted from Daryl to her feet, she knew that she needed to go back to camp, but she enjoyed being around Daryl even if he wasn't the most welcoming company. The silence lingered between the two and Angela couldn't stay longer, Shane was going to be pissed by her staying the few minutes she had already.

"Well I'm gonna go now, Shane's probably throwing a fit 'cause I'm not back yet. See ya 'round Daryl." Angela said reaching for the door again.

"Watch your back out there Angel. Don't need ya gettin' bit." Daryl said suddenly.

"Thought you didn't care." Angela said with a smirk.

"Shut up, I don't." Daryl said ending their conversation. Angela couldn't help but smile a bit at his reaction.

"Thanks, but no worries I'll be fine." She said as she left.

As soon as she left the house, she could tell Shane was furious. She tried not to let that get to her though and ate her breakfast quickly as he glared at her. Once she finished, she grabbed her bow and arrows, a decent hand gun from the gun bag, and hopped in the passenger seat as Shane drove off the farm.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so long to put up. I had it written a while back, but it had gotten deleted and I had to rewrite it. Not exactly pleased with how it turned out or the title I've given it, but I can't think of anyway to rewrite it. Hope y'all enjoy.

Thank you to all who have read, subscribed, recommended, and commented! I love comments, and constructive criticism is always welcome, so don't be a silent reader.

And to those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas! Hope it's wonderful.