Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

Accidents Happen

Searing pain shot through Angela's leg when she heard the gunshot. She placed a hand over the wound as she stumbled, but managed to keep her balance and continue her way to the car. The walkers were slowly getting closer to her and she gave up hope on holding them back. She gave off one last shot dropping the closest walker to her before turning towards the car to see Shane with a semi shocked look on his face.

"Shane!" She shouted hobbling as fast as she could to the car. Her yell seemed to snap him out of his daze and he dropped the bag he had on the ground rushing to her.

Once by her side he shot a couple of walkers that were too close for comfort before supporting her left side and leading her to the car. Walkers seemed to come from every direction now, limping their way from behind the buildings and closing in on the two survivors.

"Shit, Shane we're not going to make it." Angela said shooting a corpse in the head.

"Don't say that!" Shane snapped; he hadn't run to her for both of them to die. "We're going to make it." He fired off another bullet into a zombie's head.

After killing a few more they made it to the car. Angela climbed in the passenger seat accepting the bag that was thrown at her while Shane rushed to the driver's side. He threw open the door and was about to jump in when a rotting hand managed to latch on to his shoulder pulling him back.

"No!" Angela screamed taking quick aim and killing the zombie, allowing Shane to climb in the car, start it and drive off, occasionally hitting an unlucky walker that got in his way.

Angela threw the bag of supplies into the back seat and looked at the damage on her leg. It wasn't bad, though it hurt like hell, the bullet just grazed her leg and as she inspected the wound, realization hit.

"You shot me!" She shouted snapping her hateful glare on Shane. If looks could kill, Shane would have been long gone. Her emerald eyes cold as anger coursed through her veins.

"Is it bad?" Shane got out; faltering under the intense gaze she had towards him.

"Just a scratch really, but I may need stitches because you. Shot. Me." She hissed he glare still towards Shane. "What happened back there?" Shane let out a ragged sigh, running a hand over his shaved head.

"Look, we're alive so what does it really matter?" He said keeping his eyes on the road rather than Angela.

"It matters 'cause I got shot near a bunch of flesh eating freaks and it almost cost both of us our lives!" Angela said not realizing that hot tears were streaming down her face.

"But we are alive!" Shane stated like it would make everything better.

"Yes and I'm thrilled." Angela stated sounding sarcastic, but really she was happy that they escaped death's grip. "But I want to know what happened, how did you manage to shoot me in the leg rather than a walker?"

"I, it-" Shane stuttered trying to find what to say. He had planned on shooting her, but when he pulled the trigger he was deciding to let her live rather than see the look on Layla's face when he broke the news to the group. "It was an accident." I said hoping she'd believe it was nothing more than that.

Angela could see the way Shane stuttered that in the end he didn't mean to shoot her, but she was sure there was more going on in his head. She trusted everyone in the group, but Shane. She knew something was off about him since the run for medical supplies with Otis.

"Alright." Angela said letting out an agitated breath, turning away from Shane and trying to not worry about his story. For once trying to listen to Daryl's advice about not worrying so much, as she tried keeping pressure on her leg. Shane stayed silent as well, knowing that she didn't fully believe him, but thankful she didn't press for answers.

Soon they were pulling up the drive to the brightly lit farm house. Everyone at the camp began walking towards the car waiting to see what the two brought back. Worry and concern filled the faces of the campers once Angela limping once again.

"Angela, are you okay?" Layla asked coming to her sister's side.

"I will be Layla, don't worry." Angela breathed as she tried to keep weight off her left leg.

"Did you get bit?" Layla asked next, ignoring the 'don't worry' statement.

"No sweetie, I got shot, but-"

"Shot?!" Rick interrupted bewildered.

"Yeah, but it's not bad." Angela tried reasoning, but only the confirmation of being shot was heard as Rick turned to Shane.

"You shot her?"

"Rick, man, it was an accident." Shane tried explaining.

"Never seen you make an accident like shooting your own partner before." Rick stated.

"We were surrounded by walkers man. I, I guess I just panicked and when I shot my aim was off."

"I'd say." Lori chimed in, walking to Angela's side. Shane fell silent, taking in everyone's faces as they either looked at him or Angela.

"Look guys, I'll be fine. The bullet just grazed my leg, I need Hershel to look at it, but I'll be alright. Besides," Angela said staring at Rick before her eyes fell on Shane growing cold once again. "Accidents happen."

"Let's just get you to Hershel." Rick said not looking away from Shane.

"Come on." Lori urged, helping Angela to the house.

"Layla go to our tent and grab me some clean clothes, get me a pair of my shorts." Angela asked and Layla nodded before running to their tent with Samantha.

Before Lori and Angela made it up the steps of the porch, Maggie emerged from the house noticing that something was wrong.

"What happened?"

"She's been shot, we need Hershel." Lori answered before Angela could speak.

"Right come in, I'll go find dad." Maggie said running back into the house. Lori and Angela entered the house and shortly after walking in Maggie came to them. "He's in the room with Daryl; he said to take her to him."

Lori nodded before leading Angela to the bedroom she was dreading on going in. It wasn't that she didn't want to see Daryl; it was that she didn't want him to see her hurt, afraid it would make her seem weak. Angela took a deep breath trying to keep calm as her and Lori walked into the room. Hershel looked up briefly while he wrapped Daryl's head.

"Sit her on the foot of the bed; I'll look at that leg in a moment." Lori complied helping Angela onto the bed just as Layla ran in.

"Here you go Angie." She said breathless from running as she handed over the clothes.

"Thanks Princess."

"Come on Layla let's get out of the way." Lori said ushering Layla out of the room. Hershel finished with Daryl and walked over to Angela, moving the fabric of her pants away from the cut to look at it.

"Doesn't look too bad. Might need a few stitches, but you'll live." Hershel said standing up and walking to the door. "I need to get some more supplies, if you could change into those clothes your sister brought. The bathroom's down the hall." Hershel said about to leave.

"Hershel!" Angela called stopping him. "Do you think it would be alright if I took a quick shower?"

"The bleeding has stopped for the most part so I don't think it would hurt anything, just be careful of your leg." He said walking off. Angela carefully stood from the bed and began walking to the door, well aware of Daryl watching her closely.

"How'd you get shot?" He asked stopping her at the door. She looked back at him an unreadable expression on her face.

"Shane shot me, claims it was an accident." Angela thought she saw a flash of anger behind his blue eyes, but just as quickly as it came it left.

"Were there walkers 'round?" He asked staring into her eyes. Angela had troubles keeping her emotions hidden as she looked at him as tears welled in her eyes; she almost died tonight, and that terrified her.

"They were everywhere, one grabbed Shane before he could get in the car, but I shot it before he could get bit." She answered quietly trying not to let the tears fall. Maggie interrupted before Daryl could reply.

"Angela, here's a towel and rag for you to use."

"Thanks Maggie." Angela said trying to give her a thankful smile. Maggie nodded looking between Angela and Daryl, before leaving. "I should go take my shower." Angela said walking away.

She let the tears fall once she was hidden in the bathroom. She turned the water on before abandoning her blood covered clothes and climbing under the warm water. She just couldn't believe it. She had almost died tonight, never to see her sister, again leaving her without any family. Never see Daryl again either. All because of Shane. He probably would have left her for dead if Layla wasn't here waiting for her safe return. She could have been those freaks' dinner, tore to shreds and eaten alive.

She let out a sob at that thought, covering her mouth trying to keep quiet before shoving all thoughts away and finishing her shower. She changed into her rather short shorts and the thin long sleeved black shirt Layla got her, before gathering her dirty clothes and walking back into the bedroom Daryl was in.

His eyes fell on her immediately when she entered the room, taking in her appearance. She didn't look up as she entered, but he knew he was watching her. She just went and sat on the side of the bed, dropping her dirty clothes on the floor and brought her good leg up, wrapping her arms around it and resting her head on her bare knee. She was silent spare a few sniffles she made from crying a few minutes ago.

Daryl moved over some to give her some more room on the bed causing his side to hurt, but ignored it the best he could. She looked up at him then, her green eyes missing the life and brightness in them and red around the edges. She tore her gaze away from him when Hershel walked in. Not much was said while he stitched her leg other than a few whimpers that escaped Angela's clenched teeth.

"You need to be careful of that leg so you don't pull at the stitches and open the wound again." Hershel said once Angela's leg was wrapped. She merely nodded, looking down rather than at Hershel, who gave her a concerned look before leaving the room. The two sat in silence as Daryl watched her carefully, unsure of what to do.

"Angel?" He said softly, finally breaking the somber silence that surrounded them. She stayed silent and continued to stare at down. He was about to speak again, a bit confused about why he felt the need to comfort her in some way, when she spoke.

"I almost died today." She said quietly. Daryl just looked at her and waited. "If that had happened Layla would have been crushed. We just got each other back, and those, those things almost took me away from her again." Angela still didn't look up, but her hands closed into fists, bunching up the sheets between her fingers. "And it would be Shane's fault."

Daryl didn't know what to say or do as he watched the girl he came to think was rather brave and level headed crumble. She finally lifted her eyes to look at him, a few tears falling down her cheeks. She noticed how awkward Daryl had become as he watched her; he looked like he wanted to comfort her, but at the same time like he didn't want to touch her.

"The hell happened out there?" He finally asked. Angela looked down at the bed, noticing how close Daryl's hand was to her own, let alone how close she was sitting to him at this moment.

"We were searching for supplies, going from store to store. Everything was clear till the light started to fade, then one walker stumble its way through the door of the store we were in. I tried shooting it with my bow, but to be honest I haven't had much practice with it and my arrow landed in the walker's shoulder. Shane shot it before I could shoot another one or pull out my machete, and then yelled at me, before-"

"He yelled at you?" Daryl interrupted

"Yeah about my lousy shot. Anyways when we went to leave we saw a herd of walkers coming our way, I guess attracted to Shane's gunshot. I told Shane to get the car started and I'd hold them off but then I got shot. Shane saved me though and we made it out alive." Angela said a few more tears cascading down her cheeks as she let out a humorless laugh. "For a while I thought I was going to be walker dinner. Never to see Layla again, or you."

"Me?" Daryl asked incredulously. Angela nodded placing a hand over his; causing Daryl to try and pull his hand away, but she kept a hold on it. He eventually relaxed, letting her hold his hand as emerald green met blue and she explained.

"Daryl, you're the one who saved my sister, and the only one who showed any concern about me going on that run with Shane. Don't deny it either." She said knowing he would state he didn't care. "That means a lot to me and I really can't thank you enough." She said without really realizing she was leaning closer to him as she stared into his eyes.

She pressed her lips softly to his, her eyes fluttering shut. Daryl tensed up, not expecting her to kiss him, and for a moment he wasn't sure what to do, before he kissed her back.

He couldn't deny no matter how much he tried, he cared for the damn girl that stumbled into his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you have it! Their first kiss! Unfortunatley Angela was crying, but they still kissed. What do y'all think so far? Don't be a silent reader please, I'll take any type of comments, but if their bad at least tell me what you don't like. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Thanks to everyone who's read, commented, subscribed, and recomended so far. It's much appreciated.