Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

Surprise

Angela froze when he called out to her. She had been noticed after all. She turned and slowly made her way to the towering form of Daryl.

"Hey." She said softly, nervous about how he was going to react.

"The hell were you doin' over there?!" He yelled gesturing to the tree she stood behind moments ago.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just wanted to come talk to you. Ya know, see how you are with everything that's happened. Then I saw you and Carol." Angela rambled.

"Would ya jus' shut up?" Angela stopped and stared at Daryl expecting him to say something else. He didn't speak though. He let out an annoyed breath, running his hands down his face and going to sit on a log by the fire. Angela stood there for a moment just watching him, and when he still didn't speak, decided that she would.

"Would you have gone through with it?" She asked quietly.

"What ya mean?" Daryl asked staring into the fire.

"Hit her. Would you have really done it if she hadn't flinched away or it it was someone else who didn't just lose her daughter?"

"No, ain't gunna hit a woman."

"That's good to know." Angela said, finally gathering to courage to walk over and join him by the fire. "I can't believe she was in there the entire time. I'm so sorry."

"Why are ya apologizin' to me?"

"'Cause even though she wasn't your kid, your problem, you still risked your life to find her. You tried to keep her safe. You're a good person, Daryl."

Silence fell over the two as they watched the flames dance over the logs. Occasionally one would steal a glance at the other, but no words were exchanged for a while. Until Angela allowed a sad sigh to escape and her shoulders slump as her head fell into her hands.

"Layla hates me." She stated.

"She don't hate ya." Daryl replied easily.

"And how do you know?" Angela snapped. "You've been moving your camp, and avoiding everyone! My sister won't even look in my direction, she's stayed by Carl's and Lori's sides. She won't even give me a chance to be close to her and talk to her." Her voice wavered at the end and tears clouded her vision as she looked at Daryl. His normally stoic face showing just how much the day had affected him; he looked worn, sad, and allowed Angela to see that he did care no matter how much he denied it.

"She's hurt. She truly thought we'd find Sophia alive, we both reassured her of that, but we were wrong and she just needs time to figure out this shit on her own." Daryl stated.

"I can't stand her being mad at me, not in this world anyways. She's the only family I've got left, and she thinks I won't keep her safe, alive."

"But ya will."

"Daryl, what if I can't though? What if one of those things get to her before I can save her?" Panic began to rise in Angela and the tears she was holding back began streaming down her face at the thought of one of the walkers tearing into her little sister. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"Angel, ya will be able to keep her safe. The whole group will help ya with that."

"That includes you as well, right?" Daryl watched Angela's face for a moment. He knew his answer, he'd die to keep that little girl safe, and as much as he didn't want to admit it, he'd die for Angela, for her safety.

"Yeah." He said simply with a nod of his head.

"Thank you Daryl. I'm not sure what I'd do without you in this group." Angela said her green eyes looking into his beautiful blues. Her gaze slipped down his face to his lips for a second before returning to his eyes. She leaned in before she chickened out and pressed her lips to his; just like their first kiss he stiffened at first and then kissed her back.

Angela wouldn't dare tell anyone, but she liked when she got to be alone with Daryl. He'd open up some, his defenses slowly crumbling, and she'd see a softer side of the hunter. Not to mention she enjoyed being close to him, she'd never really had a relationship before the world ended, and the fact that she fell for someone during a hell like the one they were living frightened her, but she was glad that since she did, it was with Daryl. He's able to protect and fend for himself in a world like theirs, and even though he built walls, behind them was a kind person who truly did care about those surrounding him, maybe not all, but he'd protect those who needed it.

Headlights and the sound of a car in the distance brought the two apart. They turned their attention towards the noise for a second before looking back at each other, a fairly noticeable blush covering Angela's cheeks.

"I guess Shane found Lori, or Rick and Glenn have brought Hershel back." Angela breathed looking back towards where the camp was.

"Doesn't really matter right now." Daryl said his eyes never leaving Angela's face that turned to look at him with a slightly shocked expression.

"Of course it matters, Daryl. This is our group, we've gotta watch out for each other."

"Jus' 'cause the dumb bitch went off on her own doesn't mean I didn't hope she come back safe."

"Yeah you sound like you really care about Lori." Angela said sarcastically, she tried to hide it, but couldn't help the smirk that pulled at her lips.

"Ya know how I feel 'bout all that carin' and worryin' shit." Daryl groaned.

"You do worry and care and you know it, you just don't like to show it."

"Sure whatever makes ya happy."

"I know you care, at least about the kids in this group, and about Carol, and I think you care about me as well." Angela said her voice softening at the end.

"Yeah and how do ya know that?" Daryl challenged, a bit amused that Angela was so confident about him caring.

"You saved my sister and you searched endlessly for Sophia and I'm sure you'd do the same for Carl. As for Carol, you, again, risked your life for Sophia, you stopped Carol from running to Sophia's corpse, and you stayed in the RV with her trying to give her some sort of comfort just like I was." Angela listed confidently.

"And what about you? Since you're so determined I care about ya." Daryl said a smirk forming on his lips. Angela wasn't so confident with her speech anymore, but she continued none the less.

"Well, you led me to my sister after answering all my questions about her, and back at that church you asked me if I was alright and about when I froze facing that walker, I think you were going to save me if I didn't move when I did. Then when I was falling after getting your arrow back, you caught me. You taught me how to shoot my bow, not to mention you were pretty pissed about that situation with Shane shooting me. Also you kiss me, I know we're in a shitty world but I doubt you kiss me just because you haven't had a girl with you in a long time."

"Ya could be wrong. I might just be using ya." Daryl said, though it wasn't true.

"I doubt it, not with how awkward you act at times. I really do think you care, Daryl, but you don't have to admit it to me if you don't want to. You should at least admit it to yourself, rather than keep telling yourself that you don't." Angela stated looking off towards the camp again. "Anyways I'm gonna see who returned to camp." She announced standing up and starting to walk off in the direction of the camp.

"Angel wait." Daryl said following closely behind. Angela stopped by the trees and turned towards him watching him approach her till they were mere inches apart. "Ya told me ta think 'bout what I want right?"

"Yeah." Angela said not quite sure which direction this was headed, but she noticed that Daryl seemed rather nervous.

"Thought, ya know, maybe we can try this relationship thing out."

"Ya sure about this, 'cause you don't have to make a decision right now Daryl. I can wait or we don't have to-" Angela would have continued but Daryl stopped her nervous ramble by roughly pressing his lips to hers as his hand held the back of her head.

"Didn't know how else ta shut ya up." Daryl said once they broke away. Angela was speechless, they had really only shared two other kisses, but neither felt as meaningful as the one they just had.

"So, we're in a relationship now?" Angela asked awkwardly.

"Guess so." Daryl responded. "Jus' don' tell anyone."

"Some relationship then if it's not even known." Angela said, but decided it was best not to argue. "But have it your way, no one shall know of this until you want them to."

"The fuck's with the shall and proper soundin' shit?" Daryl asked and Angela laughed.

"I've been using proper grammar Daryl. The shall is new though, I'll give ya that." Angela smiled at him and saw the corners of his mouth pull up a bit into a smirk.

"Sure whatever." Daryl responded.

"Well, I'm going to go see what's happening with the others. You comin'?"

"Nah, rather stay here."

"Fine be by your lonesome." Angela said. She leaned up and kissed him one last time before turning and beginning her walk back to camp. "Later!" She called over her shoulder but heard no response, typical Daryl.

Angela made it back to camp and found Carl and Layla sitting together on the porch. Layla glanced up at Angela before looking down at her lap, still not wanting to speak. Angela tried to put on a brave face, trying to hide how much the ignoring hurt as she approached the kids.

"Hey guys, who came back?" She asked lightly.

"Shane brought my mom back." Carl answered.

"Is she okay?"

"She had an accident, but she's alright."

"That's good, she wasn't hurt or anything right?"

"She has a couple of cuts, but she's fine. Oh! And she's having a baby!" Carl said his face lighting up.

"Really?!" Angela asked shocked; this night was just full of surprises; first Daryl with the relationship, now Lori was pregnant. "Congrats, you're going to be a big brother!" Angela said as happily as she could, but deep down she knew this was no world for a newborn, it was hardly a world for the living, she just hoped everything would be okay for the group, that they'd be safe. Who knows what would be in store for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is chapter 18! :) Daryl and Angela are in a relationship and Lori's pregnant! Now Layla just needs to talk, or maybe she won't, I don't know yet, what do y'all think? Hope you enjoyed thanks for reading! Would love some feedback.