Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

Leaving Atlanta

"Angie." Jamie's voice brought Angela back to reality. She had been thinking back to the day the world changed and she had to kill to of the most important people in her life. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good." She responded putting her attention on the map in front of her. "So were running a bit low on supplies and need to make a run." She started trying to plot out a good route for them to take.

"The only thing is, we've cleared out every store around us. We're gunna have to go further into the city which isn't a good idea, it's too dangerous." Jamie said

"We don't have much of a choice, we need supplies otherwise we won't survive."

"Angie, the risk has increased since the last time we went out. When I checked our surroundings this morning to make sure we were safe, I noticed that more freaks have entered the city."

"James there's always more freaks coming into the city. Everyday there's more risk and I don't feel any sort of safety here anymore." She glanced over at Layla who was curled up with Samantha asleep. "I promised mom I'd keep her safe, I hate to say this, but I think we need to move on."

"We've stayed here for a long time, do you really think leaving is such a great idea?" Jamie wasn't sure about his sister's plan, but if she thought it best, he'd follow it. Her plans always did turn out better than his, she could come up with a plan easily and it would work. As where if he came up with one there would most likely be complications, something was always bound to happen.

"I really do think it would be best. We make this run and then hightail it out of the city and find a new refuge." Angie said looking at the map planning the run.

"Alright, then it's set, we'll leave as soon as we can once this run is over."
----------------------------------------------
Angie crouched by the corner of the building; the store they were heading to was right in front of her, right across the street. There weren't many freaks around them, only four that were visible, but they filled the city and Angela knew that could change in a matter of seconds.

Angela ran the plan through her head once again and glanced around the corner and down the street catching Jamie's eye. They gave each other a curt nod and Angela gripped her machete tighter, before making her way towards the store.

The freak closest to where she was hiding took notice of her, but before it could do anything Angela sunk her knife into its skull with a sickening thud. Removing her machete from the freak's head, she made quick work of the others as well. Checking her surroundings, everything looked clear and she motioned for Jamie to come out of hiding.

They entered the store quickly, grabbing what they needed. The store had been hit already, but there was plenty left. Angela was surprised they got what they needed so easily and quickly, but they did and began making their way back to their camp in a hotel where Layla was locked safely in a room with Samantha.

They hated leaving her, but they couldn't risk having her out on the streets. Keeping her locked in the room was their only other option. Angela was relived when she saw the hotel come into view, but that didn't last for long.

Growls and grunts, all the noises the stupid zombies make, reached their ears causing the siblings to turn around. There was horde of zombies coming towards them, they were a ways down the road, but it didn't matter, they needed to move and now.

Angela and Jamie locked eyes for just a second before sprinting down the road. They stopped momentarily at their car; Angela throwing her bag of supplies to Jamie and running upstairs while he threw the bags in the car. Angela dashed up the stairs, taking out the lone zombie that managed to stumble its way into the hotel, and to the room. Once inside she grabbed everything as fast as she could shoving them into bags.

"Layla help me pack now. We've gotta get out of here sweetie." She said trying not to let the fear she felt overcome her. Layla did as told and soon Jamie came and helped finish up and they were at the car. The zombies had gotten a lot closer, if they had taken any longer to pack they wouldn't have made it.

They did manage it though, Jamie was driving like a mad man, but it got them away. Unfortunately, the car barley had gas when they left and it finally ran out.

"Damn." Jamie muttered under his breath as the car slowly rolled to a stop.

"It was bound to happen, sooner or later. We didn't get a chance to siphon gas before the attack happened. The important thing is we're away from those freaks." Angela reasoned looking back at a half asleep Layla.

"I guess you're right." Jamie said getting out of the car and looking around. They had just made it to the outskirts of the city. Angela followed suit and opened the back door of the car so Samantha could climb out if she wanted to.

"Where to now?" Angela asked sitting on the hood of the car.

"No idea." Jamie began before a small voice rang out.

"Are we safe from the freaks now?" Angela asked hugging her toy cat tightly to her with one hand while the other stroked Samantha's fur.

"I think so, sweetie." Angela said smiling at her little sister who happily sent one back.