Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

Truth

After Carol left, Daryl gathered his arrows and crossbow, slinging them effortlessly on his back and stormed off into the fields. He remembered seeing Angela walk this way earlier and knew they needed to talk. He told her not to say anything about their relationship to anyone, then Carol just starts asking questions about them. Something was up.

He spotted Angela sitting on the fence, staring out into the open fields. Off in the distance he could see a few of the cattle grazing, but nothing more.

"Angel!" She turned quickly at his voice, a frown etched into her features at his tone and the furious expression on his face. She didn't speak until he was closer to avoid yelling.

"Daryl is everything alright? What happened?" She questioned thinking something bad happened at camp.

"That whole relationship thing I said we could try, yeah, forget I said anything."

"Daryl, what are you talking about? Give me a reason at least." Angela said completely confused.

"The fact you can't keep your damn mouth shut!" Daryl yelled. Angela turned around on the fence so she was facing him better. She was hurt and though she tried to hide it, it shone in her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"The hell you don't! Ya went runnin' yer mouth at camp even after I told ya not to!"

"Daryl I didn't say anything to anyone! I promise!" Angela said hoping he'd believe her, she didn't want to lose him.

"Then explain why Carol came askin' me shit about ya." Daryl growled and realization began to sink in.

"Lori-"

"What's Lori got ta do with any if this?" Daryl interrupted.

"Shut up and I'll tell you!" Angela snapped causing Daryl stay quiet. Angela hardly got angry at people, and if she did she usually dealt with it calmly, yet here she was yelling right back at him and it startled both if them slightly. She took a deep breath before continuing.

"I asked Lori to watch Layla saying I was going for a walk. She thought I was just coming to see you. Carol came up to me while I was walking around, asked me what I thought of you and it was suddenly that she did it too. I think Lori put her up to coming to talk to us, trying to find out if anything was going on between us."

"Why would Olive Oil do that, why she's so worried 'bout everyone else's buisness?" Daryl was much calmer now as he spoke, just trying to understand everything.

"She sort of knows how I feel towards you." Angela admitted

"What do you mean by that?" Daryl questioned.

"I didn't tell her about our relationship, I told her that we were just friends and that I trusted you to have my back since you said not to tell."

"Gotta tell me more than that. Doesn't explain why she sent Carol to come snoopin'."

"I sort of told her I liked you, but it was a few days ago, before we were anything. When you got shot by Andrea, I got worried and upset, Lori was comforting me and I told her. She was fine with the thought of us being together then, but now she doesn't and I guess she's sending Carol to try and find out, but it backfired 'cause I told her nothing except you were a good guy." Angela explained looking down at her feet as she swung them in the air, kicking the boards of the fence.

"So ya said nothin' 'bout us?" Daryl said knowing he was wrong to accuse her, but didn't want to really apologize for it. Angela looked up at him.

"Daryl, you told me not to tell and though I don't fully understand why it matters, I'm gonna respect your wishes and not tell the others. Do you really think I'd do something that stupid, as to break my promise to you, and lose your trust? I mean what I say, I try to keep my word when I give it."

"I believe ya." Daryl said taking a step closer to her while adjusting the crossbow on his back. "Shouldn' have doubted ya, sorry." He looked down while mumbling his apology, but Angela heard it an a smile began to paint across her face.

"No ya shouldn't have, but I forgive you. Now you've got your crossbow, are you going somewhere or do you just like to have it in case something was to happen?" Angela questioned, changing the subject and catching Daryl's eyes again.

"Both." He stated. "Goin' huntin, ya wanna come?" He asked the question slowly and awkwardly.

"No thanks, it's getting late and I told Layla I'd talk to her tonight about what happened with- with the barn incident. Besides it's getting dark Daryl, can't you wait till morning?"

"Gotta eat."

"There's plenty of food in the house for you as well. You don't have to sit and eat with us, but we can still fix ya a plate of food. I mean don't you ever get tired of squirrel?" Angela asked in a joking sort of tone at the end.

"Got a problem with my squirrels?"

"No, it's just, I doubt their all that appetizing and hardly filling."

"Ya ever try one?"

"Can't say I've had the pleasure of eating one of your squirrels, no."

"Looks like I need to get ya to, then. Unless you let Glenn the chinaman talked ya into thinking their disgusting." Daryl said a smirk on his face.

"He's Korean Daryl, and he never said they were disgusting, just that he was glad he didn't have to eat them right now, that could mean he just got tired of them." Angela countered.

"Whatever ya say Angel." Daryl replied his smirk still remaining as he stared into her eyes. Her face saddened a bit.

"You're still gonna go now aren't you, not going to take the offer of food from the house?" Daryl shook his head slightly.

"Prefer catchin' my own food; have been for years and jus' cause dead people started walkin' 'round's not gonna stop me now."

"Just be careful out there. Come back without any new injuries and soon."

"Don' worry 'bout me, I'll be fine and back before ya miss me." Daryl said as he began to walk away. Angela hoped off the fence and called out to him causing him to turn around.

"Are we still together, or where are we now after this?" Angela asked as she leaned back against the fence and kicked at the ground. Daryl closed the distance between them taking her head in his hands and pressing his lips to hers roughly. Angela didn't complain as his fingers tangled in her hair pulling some strands out in the process as she kissed him back. She lifted her hand from her side and placed it on the side of his face, but it fell limply at her side again when he pulled away from her slightly, a smirk on his face at her red cheeks and surprised expression.

"Where do you think we are?" He asked.

"I think either we're still together or you really just like to mess with my head by kissing me like that just for it to be some cruel joke just to break me so when the walkers come you can let the cat out of the bag and feed me to them." Angela said a smile forming on her lips.

"I ain't Walsh. Not gonna shoot ya and leave ya ta be walker food." Daryl replied stepping away from her completely. "You should git back to camp now, go talk to yer sister."

"Right, you be careful on your hunt."

"Will be." Daryl said walking towards the woods again.

"Hey Dixon bring back a deer! That'd be better than any squirrel!" Angela called. Daryl looked back at her an actual smile on his face.

"If I can find one I will, cook us up some venison! Don't think yer gettin' outta tryin' squirrel though!" He yelled back.

"Bring back a deer and I'll be happy to try your stupid fuckin' squirrel!" Angela laughed; watching as Daryl disappeared amongst the trees.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all sorry for the crappy title, I wanted the chapter up, but had no idea what to call it. I enjoyed typing this chapter, and hope y'all enjoyed reading it. Let me know what you think. Also when I typed "your stupid fuckin' squirrel" all I could think of was the Boondock Saints and Murphy telling Connor to get his "stupid fuckin' rope". :) Norman Reedus is such a great actor, I love watching anything he's in. Anyways, until next time my lovely readers.