Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

Good Man

Rick and Shane came back later that day, both looked beaten and worn, but the main problem was that Randall returned with them. They placed him in the barn and Rick sought out Daryl once the building was secure. He found the man where he sat up camp only to find the redneck wasn't alone.

The two looked up at Rick's weary face when hearing his approach and no one said anything for a few moments.

"Something up Rick?" Angela asked

"Randall's back, we ran into a few problems while out and we couldn't leave him." Rick explained his voice mirroring how he looked; exhausted.

"So now what do we do with him?" Daryl questioned next.

"That's why I came here. I need you to talk to him. Find out what he knows and what you can get him to tell you about his camp."

"Why me?"

"You know how to get shit done, how to get the answers needed. You proved that back in Atlanta, that's why I'm asking you." Angela wasn't sure what he meant by 'proved yourself in Atlanta', but she agreed with Rick. Daryl was probably the only one who was going to be able to get the answers out of the kid.

"Alright, I'll go first thing in the morning." Daryl said taking in that they were losing light.

"Sounds good, let me know what you find out. Goodnight." Rick said nodding at the two before turning and heading back to the others.

"What did Rick mean you proved yourself back in Atlanta?" Angela asked turning back to Daryl.

"We ran into a group, the Vatos, they took Glenn and we grabbed one of their people. I got the kid to shut up and eventually tell us where his group was so that we could get the chinaman back. Least I think that's what Rick was talkin' about." Daryl explained and Angela laughed a little earning a questioning look from the man.

"Are you ever going to stop calling Glenn chinaman? He's Korean, Daryl."

"The fucks it matter?" Daryl said leaning over to start the fire.

"Just putting myself in his shoes. It would completely piss me off if someone kept calling me something I wasn't."

"Whatever." Daryl shrugged and Angela rolled her eyes.

"Well, it's getting late. I'm gonna go see see if dinner's ready. You comin'?"

"Nah, got my squirrel." He replied pointing to where he kept the squirrels he caught.

"Enjoy your stupid squirrels then, I'm going to have a real meal while we can." Angela said getting up and starting to walk away. She turned at the sound of his voice.

"You're going to try my squirrels one day, gonna be perferin' them over that real meal shit." Daryl said waiving his knife at her.

"Whatever." She said leaving him for the night.

The next morning came too early for everyone's liking. No one knew what to expect with Randall's return and they wouldn't until Rick told them.

Breakfast was a quiet matter. Everyone ate their eggs in silence and once they were done began to clean up. No one wanted to be the first to speak, busying themselves with getting dishes cleaned and put up. When they were done, everyone just stood around the fire waiting anxiously; wanting nothing more than an answer to their questions.

"So what are we doing?" Lori asked breaking the lingering silence.

"I don't know." Rick breathed running a hand down his face.

"Here comes Daryl." Angela noted making every head turn to face the approaching man.

"What did you find out?" Rick questioned.

"Boy there's got a gang of 'bout thirty men. They roll through here, are boys are dead and our women-" his eyes ran over every face, lingering on the Morrison sisters, before returning to Rick. "They're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Carol asked drawing attention to Daryl's bloody knuckles as he adjusted his trusty crossbow.

"Had a chat." He replied walking off. His steps faltered when Rick stated that the boy was a threat and that he had to be killed. After that statement everyone wondered off, except Carol and Angela who lingered by the dying embers.

"Torturing people, that's what Daryl's resorted to?" Carol asked in a shaky voice.

"No, he's still the same Daryl. So he had to hit the kid to get answers, wouldn't you rather know about Randall's group than not be sure what to do?" Angela asked trying to defend Daryl's actions even if she didn't completely agree with them.

"Not like this, not through torturing people." Carol said walking off towards the house.

Angela went to find where Layla had run off too. She walked around the camp seeing T-Dog on guard.

"Hey T, you seen my sister around?" She called up to him.

"Yeah, she was with Carl last I saw just walking around camp. They last headed in that direction, I believe." He said pointing the way the kids had gone.

"Thanks T!" She said with a wave and began walking off.

"Welcome Ange" he said using a nickname she wasn't used to, but didn't mind. The name brought a small smile to her lips. It was nothing like Daryl's nickname for her that made butterflies flutter in her stomach, but it made her feel really accepted to the group. She wasn't just Layla's older sister who joined anymore, but an actual member. Like she belonged.

She came from her thoughts when she saw Carl and Layla looking like they were talking to someone, before they suddenly ran off. A sigh escaped her lips as she walked closer to where the kids once stood only to find Daryl and Carol talking.

"You're a good man Daryl. Torturing people is not like you." She said handing him some medical supplies for his hand.

"How the hell would you know? Why don't you just stay out of other people's business for once. Did what I had to." Daryl grumbled in return. Carol gave him a disapproving look before storming off. Daryl let out an aggravated sigh as he sat down to patch up his hand.

"Give her a break would ya." Angela stated walking over to him. Daryl turned quickly to look at her.

"Shit didn't know who was there." Daryl stated going back to his hand.

"Did I startle the mighty hunter?" She teased, a smile crossing her face.

"Shut it. Course you didn't." He said as he roughly began to clean his hand.

"Give me that." She said taking the cloth from his hands. She kneeled down in front of him and took his hand in hers and began cleaning the cuts.

"Ya know, why does it seem you're always close by when Carol comes ta talk ta me?" Daryl mused as he watched her work.

"'Cause I get fuckin' jealous seeing some other woman around ya." She joked. "I don't know Daryl, just happens that way."

"Think I liked the jealous bitch excuse best. He said then winced as Angela put too much pressure on his hand. "Fuckin' watch it."

"Sorry." Angela said nonchalantly.

"No yer not." Daryl mumbled.

"Eh your right, but I only did it 'cause you called me a bitch." She said as she began to wrap his hand.

"Ya know I didn' mean it." Daryl said lowly so no one would hear him, though they were the only two there.

"I know, and I know Carol's right. Torturing people's not you Daryl. I get that it was the only way to get answers out of him, and I'm not saying you were wrong to do it."

"Then what are ya sayin'?"

"I'm not really sure. I just want this group to stay safe and if that was what got answers from him than I'll deal with it, accept it I guess, though I'd rather not have to." She had been looking at his hand the entire time she spoke, but she finally looked him in the eyes. "You're a good man Daryl. I trust you with my life." She gave his hand a squeeze and stood up. "Keep your hand wrapped for a while. Till the bleeding stops and I think you'll live." She said with a smile and turned to head in the direction she remembered seeing Layla and Carl run off to.

"Hey." Daryl called causing Angela to turn to look at him. "Thanks."

Angela nodded at him. "Anytime." With that she walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, subscribing, and recommending.

Thank you Death_to_Roses, Serah-Elizabeth, and CrazyPebbles21 for commenting. Means a lot to me.

Let me know what y'all think. Till next time.