Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

Humanity

Angela gave up on finding her sister and Carl. She kept telling herself that they were just running around the farm and that someone was watching them. They had to be okay. That didn't stop her from worrying about it though, so she went to the RV and grabbed a book and went to rest in the shade of a tree that was a ways away from the camp and read, hoping it would keep her mind occupied.

She sat there for several hours escaping the world they lived in to visit a different place; one where the dead didn't walk the earth. The book in general wasn't great in any aspect of the word, but it kept her thoughts at bay.

Looking up from the pages she realized that Daryl had been right, though she'd never out right admit it to him, she did worry too much. Her minded needed the rest from all the troubles that plagued it, with thoughts from the safety of the group, Layla's well being, and just past events that haunted her daily. It was nice to just relax and escape all the troubles this new world caused.

Angela sat for a few moments just watching the scenery before her, when she noticed a lone figure heading her way. Dale. She sent him a smile that he returned when standing before her.

"Mind if I join you?"

"Not at all." She replied as he joined her under the tree.

"What are your thoughts on Randall?" Dale asked after sitting silently for a few moments. Angela shrugged.

"Don't really have any. I don't know anything other than he knows Maggie, shot at Rick, Glenn, and Hershel, and what Daryl told us. That's not much to go on honestly."

"Most people in this group agree with Shane. That the boy should be killed."

"And you disagree." Angela stated as she wondered what would really be the right punishment.

"And you don't?" Dale accused.

"Dale, I told you. I don't know what I think. If I knew more about the kid, then maybe I could give you an answer, but I don't. Whatever Rick decides is what I'm going to go with."

"Where's your humanity? You can't just let that kid get killed."

"Dale, I get what you're saying, but what can I do? What can so few do to change others' minds in this world. Things have changed Dale. I'm sorry. I'd I knew more about this kid then maybe I'd side fully with you, but I don't so I can back you up well." Angela explained as calmly as she could.

"Well it's not like you can just go and talk to him, so it doesn't look like you're on my side, or anyone for that matter. Shane, Shane's got this group scared. He's dangerous; he shot you, killed Otis." Dale rambled.

"You don't trust that shitty story either?" Angela questioned.

"No, at least there's people with me in that." Dale said with slight relief.

"Who else doesn't?"

"The only other I'm sure of is Daryl. Which maybe he's right, maybe this group is broken."

"Maybe, I think stress may be slowly pulling us apart. Dale, can you excuse me for while?"

"Sure, but think about this Angela. Please, think about killing Randall. It's not right, not the humane thing to do." Dale pleaded one final time.

"I will Dale." Angela said before walking off heading towards a particular person.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, thanks to all who commented on the last chapter. Thanks for reading, subscribing and recommending. Let me know what y'all think. :)