Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

There's Always Trouble

Things were running smoothly now. Most of the supplies was packed onto the trucks and being moved inside. Hershel insisted that Rick and his family take his room and he'd take the couch.

Rick pulled Daryl aside after he finished putting his things inside, as close to the Morrison sisters as possible without people questioning anything. They were discussing where they planned to drop Randall off. While they were looking over the map Shane, who had been working on a lookout post instead of getting things moved, came up to them.

"I'm gonna go take a piss." Daryl mumbled, leaving the two to talk.

He walked into the house looking over to the spot further away from the others where he placed his bag noticing that Layla sat on her sleeping bag between his and Angela's belongings, but her sister was no where to be seen. He walked over and sat by the young girl and rummaged on his bag a bit.

"Hey Princess." He said softly. She looked to him and smiled.

"Hi Daryl. Why did you put your stuff by ours? Is it because you like Angie?" The kid was smart, he'd give her that, though he'd never admit it out loud.

"Gotta help her keep you outta trouble is all." He responded ruffling her hair some causing her to lean away and put her hands on head. "Speaking of which, where is she? Thought she wouldn't leave your side."

"She went outside through the back door. She knew I was safe as long as I stay in the house." Layla said hugging her stuffed cat close to her.

"Right, sit tight kid." He said standing up and heading through the kitchen and out the back door.

Once outside again, he looked around him only to find Angela leaning against the house staring off into the distance and away from him. He made his way to her, his footsteps silent against the dirt, until he stood a few steps away.

"The hell are you starin' at?" He asked shattering the silence and causing her to jump.

"Dammit Dixon you scared the shit outta me." She exclaimed with a hand against her chest over her pounding heart. "Thought you were planning with Rick."

"Was, told him I had ta take a piss to give him and Shane some space to talk." He said coming closer to her.

"Ah so now takin' a piss involves talking to me?"

"I had to give some excuse." He replied earning a chuckle from Angela.

"You make us sound like a couple of school kids, coming up with lame excuses to see each other." She said knowing he was just checking up on her and Layla more than giving Rick and Shane space.

"Yeah whatever." Daryl scoffed in return. They glanced at each other before beginning to laugh quietly both looking down at their feet in the end.

"You find your gun yet?" Angela asked knowing it disappeared.

"Nah, don't know where it went to."

"Maybe a walker came and snatched it and we just didn't realize it." She joked.

"Ya have a child's mind Angel."

"Have to have one sometimes to deal with a ten year old. Have to know how to entertain 'em." She replied easily. She walked closer to him and kissed his lips gently. "Be careful out there. I know it's just dropping the kid off somewhere, but ya never know what's going to happen."

"Ya know I'll be fine. Quit worryin' bout me so damn much."

"Ya know I can't help it hick, so deal with it." She said kissing him again, before pulling away completely. "We better get back to everyone before they get worried." She said and they both headed inside.

"Daryl!" Layla called as she saw him pass. He stopped and looked at her.

"Yeah?"

"Come here." She said motioning with her hands. He came over despite his better judgement, only because he didn't want to hurt the kid in any way, and kneeled down in front of her.

"What do ya want Princess?" He questioned.

"I like it when you use my nickname." She said at first then walked closer and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Thank you for watching out for me and Angie."

Everyone was watching the two now, waiting to see what Daryl would do. Slowly he wrapped an arm around the small girl, slightly hugging her back.

"Ya welcome kid." He replied. She pulled away to kiss his cheek, before giving him another quick hug and walking away to go find Beth, who was finally up and well.

Daryl sat there for a moment, before clearing his throat and turning to leave. He caught Angela's eye as he turned but ignored everyone else's smiles as he met up with Rick to finish discussing the plan.

Rick and Daryl were packing supplies into the truck for Randall, for when they dropped him off. Angela emerged from the house and moved to the passenger side of the truck where Daryl sat down his crossbow in the back.

"Here." She said holding out her gun to him.

"What ya handin' me that for?" He grunted looking from the gun to her eyes.

"You only have so many arrows and your gun is missing, so take mine with you. It's fully loaded."

"Ya need to keep it with ya." He said turning to fix something in the back. Angela didn't budge.

"I've got my bow and if a gun is needed here then there's an extra in the RV for me to use. You're going on a run, you need one more than I do. Please Daryl, take it with you." She begged and finally he took it from her hands and looked down at it.

"Didn't it belong to your ol' man? Thought it was special to ya."

"It is, but that gives you more of a reason to come back safely. I expect you to return it to me." She replied and he met her gaze before someone spoke out.

"Or you can have this one." T-Dog stated holding out another gun to Daryl who took it but still held Angela's in his hand as well.

"This Dale's?" Daryl questioned even though he already knew the answer.

"Yeah, Angela's right, only got so many arrows."

"Yeah, just wish I knew where mine went to." Daryl said placing Dale's gun in the waistband of his jeans.

"I told ya a walker came and stole it, but you just won't listen." Angela joked trying to lighten the mood. She glanced at T-Dog taking in his disbelieving face and the shake of his head.

"Sometimes I think you're completely insane." He laughed before starting to walk to the barn.

"Maybe I am, and maybe I proud of it too!" She yelled to him only to see the wave of his hand as a response.

"Angela can you help keep an eye on things here?" Rick asked coming down the porch steps. Angela nodded.

"Sure thing Rick, just be careful out there okay. Both of you, this group needs you two."

"Don't worry, we drop Randall off and we'll head straight back. We'll be back before night hopefully or at least before it gets too late." Rick reassured looking up at the sky. T-Dog running up caught everyone's attention though.

"Randall's gone."
♠ ♠ ♠
This took forever for me to get out. Sorry for the wait. T me this seems like its a little all over the place, but I guess that's been me lately. Just lost my cat, my aunt lost her puppy, I've been without a car for maybe over a week. Trying to do work around the house, trying to build up the courage to find a job, was trying to finish a drawing I've been working on, and i still have one to finish for my friend...Sorry I just bored you with pointless facts about my life.

Anyways thank you for reading, subscribing, recommending, and to all my lovely commenters who I don't have time to name cause I'm about to pass out. I'm so tired. Thanks again. Hopefully I won't take so long to get the next one out.