Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

Lost

"What do we do?" Someone asked quietly, but urgently.

"Do we hide in the house, wait for them to pass?" Glenn questioned trying to think of a plan.

"Unless there's a underground tunnel or somethin' I don't know about, herd that size will rip the house down." Daryl stated looking out at the herd.

"I can't find Carl." Lori stated as she emerged quickly from the house. Andrea followed her carrying the bag of guns.

"He was just inside." Carol stated worryingly.

"He was upstairs earlier, but now he's gone." Lori continued near tears.

"Is Layla-" Angela began, but Lori cut her off.

"She's in the living room."

"You guys, what do we do about the walkers?" Glenn questioned bringing everyone's attention away from the missing boy.

"Fight them off as long as we can." Andrea stated going through the gun bag along with a few others.

"We can take the cars and if all else fails we drive off." T-Dog said loading his gun.

"I'm not leaving without my boy." Lori stated leaving no room for arguing.

"We'll find him." Carol said reassuringly.

"I'm not leaving." Hershel explained.

"You sure?" Daryl questioned.

"This is my farm and I'll die here." Hershel stated loading his shotgun to prepare for the oncoming enemy.

"Tonight's as good as any." Daryl shrugged sitting on the railing to easily jump off the porch.

"Daryl!" Angela said grabbing his arm before he could leave. Panic rising and evident in her voice as he met her eyes.

"Stay here, keep yer sister safe." He said trying to take his arm away, but Angela wouldn't let go. "Angel." He said annoyed, but sternly.

"Shut up hick." She said pressing her lips to his. He was uncomfortable knowing that everyone was watching, but kissed her back since this could be the last time he could ever share a kiss with her. She pulled away and looked into his eyes. "Don't fuckin' die out there. Be careful." She said sternly though the worry seeped through at the end.

"Don't worry, will be." He murmured and with one last nod he jumped off the porch. He grabbed Dale's gun from the truck and went to his motorcycle, revving the engine before driving off towards the herd followed by the others.

Lori shouted out for Carl, frantically looking out over the land in hopes of spotting him. Patricia and Beth went into the house to gather food and other supplies to pack into the cars in case they had to abandon all hope for this farm, abandon their home to the living dead. They'd rather leave their home behind than lose their lives so the heartless, mindless corpses that roam the land, so they packed in light of a brighter day, to survive another night of total chaos.

"Maybe he went after Rick." Carol offered as she approached Lori.

"Why can't he ever listen." Lori said going into the house. Carol and Angela followed.

"Angie, what's going on?" Layla asked rising from the couch and following after Angela to their belongings.

"We've got to pack Princess. Hurry get your things into a bag okay." Angela said trying to stay calm for the young girl.

"But why, I thought we were safe here for the most part. Why can't we just defend the farm?" Layla argued.

"Layla just start packing!" Angela snapped, turning to see tears in her sister's eyes and that she physically flinched back at the words. "Princess I'm sorry, there's just so many, we're trying to stay here, but we're packing just in case." Angela said pulling her sister into a tight hug.

"I don't want to leave." Layla muttered into Angela's shoulder.

"I know, but we just have to adapt, go with what will keep us alive and I know you're going to be my strong little sister, right?" Layla pulled away and wiped at her eyes as she gave Angela a nod. "Good, now start packing your things okay?"

The two sisters got to work packing. Once Angela had all her belongings together she helped the other women collect good and get it out to Hershel's car.

It was amazing, but terrifying how close the walkers were getting. Gunfire could be heard for miles as the group drove around firing off round after round. They barely made a dent in the numbers. It was a sea of walkers and the group was struggling to survive and keep this safe place they had come to enjoy. It was the first time they truly felt safe in a long while since the world went to shit and now, just like everything else they lost, this safety was being ripped from them too.

The women taking food to the car ran back inside to make sure they gathered up all the food and other necessary supplies they could. Once they were sure about all other rooms they gathered in the living room, eyes raking over everything. Lori was still worried about her family, her son, though no one could blame her. She turned to Layla who opened her bag to place her stuffed cat in it to keep it safe from the monsters and from getting lost.

"Layla, you're sure you didn't see Carl leave the house at all?" She questioned the young girl.

"I'm sorry Lori, I didn't see him." She replied sadly slipping her bag onto her shoulders.

"He's probably with Rick." Carol said trying to comfort the worried mother.

"Yeah, maybe they're the ones who started the fire." Patricia offered as she noticed their barn was burning and surrounded by walkers.

"We'll find out later, right now we have to leave." Angela said placing her bag on her back and throwing Daryl's over her shoulder. Taking Layla's hand in hers, everyone filed out of the house.

"Layla stay close to me." Angela said as they all flew off the porch. Lori called for Hershel, but he was too busy firing his shotgun trying his hardest to save his home.

"Lori go, I'll get Hershel!" Angela said pulling Layla along towards the determined man. She let go of Layla's hand to pull out her gun and shoot a few nearing walkers and glancing to make sure her sister was near her turned towards him again, adjusting the bag on her shoulder as she did so. "Come on Hershel, we've got to go! Maybe we can return, hopefully the walkers will clear out and we can come back, but now we've got to go!" She pleaded.

"This is my farm!" He cried at her she could see the sadness in his eyes as he looked at her, could see the defeat he felt.

"I know, and I'm so sorry, but your girls need you, we all do, so please Hershel. We've gotta go!" Angela begged hoping he would come for his daughters.

He lowered his gun slowly looking out at his land, at the burning farm, and the herd of living dead that littered the ground and continued to approach. He let out a sigh as he nodded his head, before he could say anything a shot fired behind them.

The two turned to see a walker, that had gotten extremely close to them, fall dead to the ground. Not far off from the body was Rick holding his gun and Carl beside him. The father and son approached the others quickly.

"Hershel, Angela we've gotta go!" Rick stated.

"This is my home and its gone." Hershel replied.

"Have you two seen Lori?"

"I told her to go with Carol and the others, she should be off the farm by now." Angela replied. Rick looked distraught, but nodded.

"Alright let's go."

The four began taking steps towards Hershel's car to leave the car. Angela glanced behind her to make sure Layla was keeping up only to find that she was gone. She stopped abruptly, eyes scanning their surroundings frantically much like Lori had done earlier that night when Carl disappeared.

"Layla!" Angela screamed tears stinging her eyes. Walkers were closing in on them, they didn't have much time left before there was no longer any chance of escape. "Layla!" She yelled again, she turned to the others the tears not yet falling. She refused to let them fall, Layla was still alive, she had to be.

"She was just here. She was right here!" She cried. Hershel gave her a sympathetic look understanding her pain. Rick stepped forward till he stood next to her.

"We can't stay here, there's too many walkers, we've gotta go. I'm sorry." He said trying to get the brunette to follow, but she refused.

"She's my baby sister, I can't leave her!" She argued.

"Angie!" A shrill scream sounded. It was Layla, but she couldn't be seen. There were too many walkers where her voice sounded from by the house.

Another panicked scream left the young girl's lips and Angela began to run towards the group of walkers. She knew it was suicide, but she had to try for Layla. She was stopped before she could get close to the walkers by a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. Rick stopped her and began pulling her towards the car.

"No! Let me go! I have to help her! Let me go!" She struggled against his grip, but he didn't let go, he wasn't going to let her get herself killed.

"I'm sorry there's nothing we can do!" He argued back. Tears were streaming down Angela's face long before they reached the car. Rick helped her into the back seat with Hershel before climbing into the driver's side and leaving the farm.

Angela and Hershel both couldn't take their eyes off the place. It was for two different reasons, but both had just lost something that meant the world to them and it was hard for them to see it disappear into the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't hate me! Though I'd understand if you do. I hated writing this, but I think it had to be done? I don't know. Can someone give me a better title for this chapter? I'm not too happy with the title I have. Will give you credit and all that. So close to being done with this part of the story.

Thank you all who have read, subscribed, recomended, and commented. Hopefully with the sequel (if I write a sequel that is) I'll keep track of the commenting better and thank y'all by name each chapter. Thanks so much for keeping up with this story. Let me know what y'all think of this chapter and I will hopefully have te next one up soon. :)