Status: Sequel will be coming soon. :)

Keep Holding On

The Girl On The Horse

The shot startled everyone, and worried Lori to death.

"Why would they only fire one shot?"

"Walker?"

"Nah, Rick wouldn' waste a bullet on jus' one walker." Daryl said trying to calm everyone down.

"I'm sure they're fine." Angela chimed in, placing a hand on Lori's shoulder. "We should just continue our search then head back to the highway like Rick told us to, right Daryl?" Angela said looking away from Lori's worried expression with hope Daryl would back her up.

"Yeah, nothin' to worry 'bout. Rick can handle it." Daryl said beginning to lead the way again, trying to put some distance between himself and Angela. He didn't know what it was about her; he didn't care about her, he couldn't, but he wanted to back her up, had felt the need to protect her at the church, there was just something about her.

"Sorry for what you're going through." Andrea said stopping the group again.

"I suppose you do, thank you." Carol replied looking at everyone else. "The thought of her, out here by herself. It's the not knowing that's killing me. I just keep hoping and praying she doesn't wind up like Amy." She continued before realizing what she said. "Oh God, that's the worst thing I've ever said." Andrea shook her head, trying to brush off the comment.

"We're all hoping and praying with you for what it's worth." Andrea said

"I'll tell you what it's worth." Daryl said joining their conversation. "Not a damn thing. It's a waste of time all this hopin' and prayin', 'cause I'm gonna locate that little girl, and she's gonna be jus' fine." He paused for a moment just looking between Andrea and Carol before beginning to back away. "Am I the only one with Zen around here? Good Lord."

The group began to walk again, in hopes of finding Sophia before heading back to camp; Angela walked up beside Glenn. "Who's Amy?" She asked quietly

"Andrea's sister." Glenn answered quietly looking behind him to see if Andrea was listening. "She got bit by a walker a while back, Andrea had to shoot her."

"Oh, I know how she feels." Angela said, but didn't explain even when Glenn stared at her to continue.

"We're gonna lose light soon, I think we should call it." Daryl said

"Yeah, I think we should head back." Lori agreed

"We'll pick up again tomorrow?" Carol asked

"Yeah." Lori answered and Daryl whistled signaling for the group to head back.

Angela's legs were screaming in pain as they walked back to the highway. Lori had asked how much further they had to walk after a while.

"'Bout hundred yards or so, as the crow flies." Daryl said.

"The hell does that mean?" Angela mumbled looking at Daryl, there was something about him that she just couldn't place and all throughout their walk she kept stealing glances at him.

"Too bad we're not crows." Andrea said glancing at Angela who let out a short breathy laugh beside her.

"Be so much easier if we were." Angela replied, sharing another laugh with Andrea before they went silent.

Angela looked around at the group of people she was with; they were all so different yet they worked well together, and accepted her so easily into the group. Maybe there was some good left in the world.

Angela walked over to Glenn, like she had earlier; he was easily one of her favorite people in this group. They smiled slightly at each other, but said nothing, until an ear splitting scream rang out.

"Andrea?!" Several said in unison.

Angela ran in the direction the screams came from with her machete drawn, not bothering to see what everyone else was doing. She spotted Andrea on the ground kicking at the walker above her, trying desperately to keep it away from her, but before Angela could get to her, someone else did. A girl on a horse hit the walker with a baseball bat, knocking it to the ground away from Andrea.

"Lori Grimes?" She asked her county accent urgent, as she tried to calm her horse.

"I'm Lori." The worry and confusion was evident on Lori's face as she cautiously walked closer to the girl on the horse.

"Rick sent me, there's been an accident, Carl's been shot."

"What?"

"There's no time to explain, you have to come on. Rick needs you."

Lori wasted no time taking the backpack off her shoulders, dropping it to the ground and heading towards the horse.

"You can't go with this girl!" Daryl shouted at Lori and startling Angela, she didn't realize how close he was to her. "We don't know her!" Lori didn't listen and climbed up behind the girl.

"Rick said y'all had a group, parked up on the highway?"

"Yeah." Glenn said staring at the girl.

"Go back to Fairburn road and to the farm a few miles down, the mailbox reads 'Greene'" she said before riding off. The walker that was attacking Andrea moments ago finally sat up letting out a strange noise when it realized food was still here.

"Shut up." Daryl said sending an arrow through its head. Angela let out a sigh before looking at Andrea and helping her up.

"Andrea are you okay?" Angela asked only receiving a nod as the group continued walking.

"They're back." Dale said to T-Dog when Angela and the others emerged from the woods. "Where are Rick and his family, and Shane?" Dale asked as they approached.

"Rick sent a girl to come get Lori, she said Carl was shot." Glenn said

"Shot what do you mean shot?" Dale said shocked.

"I don't know Dale, I wasn't there."

"And you let Lori just go with her?" Dale asked now looking at Daryl.

"Rick sen' her." Daryl said walking past Dale, Angela close behind heading towards her sister and wrapping her in her arms.

"I heard screams, was that you?" Dale said looking at Andrea.

"She got attacked by a walker, it was a close call." Glenn answered.

"Andrea are you alright?" Dale asked concerned. Andrea just looked back at him before heading into the RV.

"We need to go find this place." Glenn said after a few minutes passed; Andrea had decided to join the group outside again.

"I won't do it, we can't just leave." Carol said

"Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak." Dale said trying to reason.

"What if she comes back and we're not here? It could happen." Carol said sounding desperate.

"If Sophia found her way back and we weren't here, that would be awful." Andrea said.

"Okay we gotta plan for this." Daryl began. "I say tomorrow morning's soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. I'll hold up here with the RV."

"If the RV is staying then so am I." Dale said.

"I'll stay too." Angela joined in.

"Thank you, all of you." Carol said. Angela sent her a small smile hugging Layla close.

"I'm in." Andrea said.

"We'll if you all are staying then so am I." Glenn said

"Not you Glenn, you're going. Take Carol's Cherokee." Dale ordered

"Why is it always me?" Glenn asked sadly.

"You've got to find this place, reconnect with our group and find out what's going on. Most importantly, you've got to get T-Dog there. This is not an option, that cut has gone from bad to worse and he has a very serious blood infection. Get him to that farm and see if they have any antibiotics otherwise he will die." Dale explained while Daryl walked to his motorcycle.

"Keep your oily rags off my brother's motorcycle." Daryl said throwing a rag at Dale before walking to a car and placing a bag down.

"Daryl Dixon, goes from nice to a douche in seconds." Angela muttered

"What'd you say 'bout me?!" Daryl hollered

"Nothin'" Angela said casually walking to stand beside him at the car.

"Anyways, I've got my brother's stash; crystal." Daryl said going through the bottles. "Some kick ass pain killers." He continued tossing the bottle to Glenn, then handing Dale a bottle. "Merle got the clap on occasion." Daryl said walking back to his bike.

"Sounds like a cheery fellow, this Merle." Angela commented quietly.

"You got a problem with me?" Daryl asked.

"Didn't say anything about you." Angela sneered.

"But you said somethin' 'bout my brother!" Daryl said storming over to Angela, and got in her face. "You don' know nothin' 'bout Merle, so you best keep your mouth shut."

"Come on Daryl, back off." Glenn said coming to Angela's aid.

"I did you a favor and saved your little sister, now do me one an' don' ever talk 'bout Merle 'gain." Daryl said before walking off.

"Angela, are you okay?" Glenn asked

"Fine, y'all need to head out before it gets too dark." Angela said
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, but here's the next chapter.

Thanks for the recommendations:
Chey Par
Nothingisasitseems

And thank you for the lovely comments on my story.