Status: progress.

Dear Whoever.

gorgeous arizona.

She sat in her “new” room, it was rather empty- apart from a desk and chair, a wardrobe and a bed. Empty. Kind of how she felt right at this minute but she wanted that to change. She wanted to get better, so maybe she’d change the room around a bit, paint it pink, take some new photos and add them to the walls, have posters of her favourite bands on there.

Zipping open her first suitcase she started unloading her baggy t-shirts and vests into one draw, after all it was Arizona, it was going to be warm. A knock on her door made her snap her head up telling them to come in.

“Hey El, I’m going to the store in a bit, fancy coming? You can get some food you like and all that stuff.” Kennedy spoke, popping his head around the door before El told him she’d be down in 15 minutes.

Turning back to find something to wear that wouldn’t make her sweat half to death Kennedy walked over to the petite girl in front of him. “I’m really glad you’re here.” he spoke before kissing her on the top of her head.

That was Kennedy Brock for you. Always there, always pulled through. Him and Eleanor had always been close since they were little, always attending each other’s family parties, spending Boxing Day and thanks giving together and now, he was taking her in. The whole Brock family wanted El to get better, they couldn’t lose another family member they needed her to get better.

Eleanor stood with a small smile on her face from the simple gesture her cousin had shown her. She rooted through her suit case, trying to find something that would keep her cool. Deciding on some denim high waisted shorts she threw a skull vest top over it, finding a selection of azure bracelets and sliding them up her arm, and sliding red vans on her feet. She sighed shaking her head , causing her red locks to tumble down her shoulders to the left side.

“El, I’ll be in the car!” Kennedy shouted.

El nodded her head, then realizing Kenny couldn’t see her and she let out a small laugh. Bounding down the stairs she shouted a quick goodbye to anyone who was in the house and clambered into Kennedy’s car.

“So, where we off to?” she spoke, as she buckled up, her voice slightly raspy from not talking for a while.

“Well, I was going to meet Gare at the store and then we could all shop, sound good?”

“Who’s erm, Gare?”she quizzed, her anxiety levels rising.

“Garrett, one of my band mates. It’ll be fine Els, he’s socially awkward, he’s no harm.”

She stifled a laugh thinking that someone as loud as Kenny could be friends with someone “socially awkward.”

Kennedy smiled, glad that Eleanor was at least half okay with meeting someone new, he turned the radio up as they drove, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and Eleanor stuck her head out of the window, nodding it in time with the music.

She took in the sights of Arizona, how the sun was kissing everyone’s skin, how people walked around with slush puppies all the time, how couples would walk hand in hand listening to one ipod, how there wasn’t really that many people in the town centre.

“Right, Garrett should be right over, erm, oh there he is!” Kennedy exclaimed as they got out of the car, walking towards a boy stood next to the store, ray bans covering his eyes.

Not knowing what to do El just simply followed, picking at her nails, keeping her eyes focused on her scuffed up vans.

“El, this is Garrett. Garrett this is El.”

Garrett took of his ray bans to study the girl. Her head still hanging low, her red hair tumbling down to past boob length, how tanned her legs were even though she wasn’t from Arizona and how when she looked up her green eyes become brighter, how there was a small weak smile on the girls lips as she gave a small smile. Boy was she beautiful, this petite girl, this fragile girl.

When El lifted up her head she noticed how he’d taken his ray bans from his eyes, squinting them in the sun, his cobalt eyes shining, how his hair was also red, clearly dyed though, a smile on his plumps lips and his nose pierced. A star wars top hung loosely from his frame and his legs clad in skinny jeans. How he wasn’t sweating to death she didn’t know. No denying though, he was good looking, extremely good looking.

“Hey.” she spoke, her voice cracking slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is how i think El to look but with green eyes :-)