Status: progress.

Dear Whoever.

video games and pills.

Garrett couldn’t help but stare at the girl, they’d all decided to get some “brunch” as Kenny had called it and she didn’t speak, not at all really. Except when asked a question or her order yet she sat and scarfed down a plate of waffles and then a bowl of pasta. When Kenny asked her why such a weird combination, she rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

“It’s a bit of both silly, waffles you eat for breakfast and then pasta for lunch.” She then laughed. And to Garrett her laughed made him smile, her laugh was melodic, of course Garrett knew all about El, how she’d tried to commit suicide and why, Kenny told him. Even though he didn’t know her, to see her laugh was a nice feeling to him and he knew Kennedy thought so too, he could see by the way Kennedy continued to smile at the girl for another five minutes.

“So, what we doing after this then guys?” Eleanor spoke, she was proud of herself actually. She’d been the one to start the conversation this time and even made eye contact with Garrett for more than five seconds.

“Well.” Garret spoke, licking his lips, scratching his chin and pondering for a second. “There’s this new video game type shop, it sells movies and stuff as well and I’d really like to get this new zombie game.”

Els’ eyes lit up at this, a wide smile came across her lips. She hadn’t played video games in a few days and she really needed too. “I’m up for that, as long as I can buy a few Disney movies Ken? And I’d really like that new batman Lego game thing.” she said this more to herself than to anyone else, twirling her hair around her finger.

Yet again Kennedy smiled, Eleanor was smiling, she was laughing and she’d just started a conversation and she’d only been here a day. Garrett was smiling also, because quite frankly he’d never met a girl quite like her.

“Yeah anything you want Ell bell, come on then.” Kenny spoke, slapping a few dollar bills on the table paying for their meals.

They all spent a good hour in the new shop, Kennedy couldn’t decide what movie to pick for tonight, and he didn’t know whether he wanted horror or action. Eleanor couldn’t decide whether she wanted The Lion King or The Little Mermaid and ended up getting both. Garrett couldn’t decide which horror movie and candy to get.

“Water melon sour patch kids Garrett, try them.” El smiled as she handed him a packet. “I used to have them all the time, they’re good.” she nodded her head before going back to studying the movies.
“These best be good girl.” Garrett joked as he took the packet of candy from El.

Eleanor whipped her head up, her mouth slightly open but a playful smile on her face, her eyebrows raised. “Are you questioning my choices Mr Nickelsen?”

Just as Garrett was about to respond as raspy voice broke him from this thoughts. “Gare my man, fancy seeing you here! Ah hello, who are you pretty?”

Garrett rolled his eyes as the lanky boy next to him wrapped an arm around his shoulder. John O’Callaghan. The “ladies man” of Arizona. Get any girl he wanted and it didn’t surprise Garrett that he’d tried hitting on El, he tried to hit on any perfect pretty girl that was a friend of Garrett’s all the time.

“This is Kenny’s cousin, Eleanor.” Garrett replied, giving El a smile apologetic smile.

But Garrett noticed that Eleanor’s face was blank, not blushing like any other girl. One eye brow was raised and her arms were folded defensively across her chest.

“I’m not p-pretty. I have a name, its Eleanor and I’m human. Not a piece of meat. Now if you’ll excuse me.” she replied before she barged past John, stalking over Kennedy telling him she wanted to leave.
Kenny obliged obviously, not even thinking about Garrett, just handing the small girl the keys to his car and telling her to wait there whilst he paid.

Letting out a huff Eleanor flopped onto her bed, she hadn’t spoken to Kennedy the whole way home and as soon as he unlocked the door she ran up to the room. She let out a frustrated groan as opened the draw next to her bed, staring at the pills in one of the draws. Dry swallowing two of the pills she sat up in her bed, deciding to take a shower.

Stripping down of her clothes the small girl hopped into the shower, turning the heat up- although she was warm from the natural heat of Arizona, she needed yet more warmth. She let the beads of hot water wash away the bad mood that was dawning on her, she let the strawberry shampoo wash out all the grime and dirt from the day and she let her muscles relax.

Turning of the steaming shower she stepped out and greeted herself with a fluffy towel, sitting down on the toilet that was in her en suite.

Staring down at the top of her leg El tried to fight back the tears that were coming. She traced her shaky fingers of the scars that were present, some old and some not so old. Closing her eyes she shook her head. “Why did I let you destroy me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

aw john's charm didn't work on el did it;)