Status: progress.

Dear Whoever.

glances and thoughts.

As El and Garrett sat in the car they kept stealing glances at each other, blushing and then turning away. By the time they arrived at the O’Callaghan’s Kennedy was sure they must have looked at each other 100 times.

“Oh hello dear! You must be Eleanor!” Mrs O’Callaghan greeted the small girl in front of her as she’d opened the door. “You look gorgeous sweetheart.”

“Oh, thank you Mrs O’Callaghan.” Eleanor nodded, blushing slightly at the kind woman’s words.
“Call me Jenny dear.” The woman laughed as she moved aside so they could walk in.

Simply El just nodded before following Garrett and Kennedy into the O’Callaghan home, instantly she was met with a hug from a super bouncy Pat.

“Oh, hello to you to Pat.” Eleanor chuckled whilst hugging him back.

“You look beautiful Els.” John told the girl as he kissed her cheek, making her blush but nonetheless she returned the compliment to him, telling him he looked handsome as they took a seat on the couch being told they would have to wait a while for the food.

Garrett sat on the opposite couch admiring how well Eleanor got along with his friends, the way she could keep up with Pat’s constant conversation and hyperness, how she could sit and talk to Jared about his guitars and be genuinely interested and how she just rolled her eyes whenever John said something stupid, how she could give “banter” back just as well. This was something it was rare to find in a girl, normally, they’d be all over John, ignoring everyone else, really creeped out by Pat’s so called “weirdness” and they would ignore John. But not El, she would sit and listen to what everyone had to sat, take it all in and be interested. Garrett didn’t even realise he was staring until Eleanor looked over at him and gave him a small smile which made him blush slightly in return.

However it was now Eleanor’s turn to stare as when John’s little cousin whom seemed to be very familiar with Garrett hopped on his knee asking him to tell her a story whilst they waited for food. She cocked her head to the side staring at the boy, how his blue eyes were sparkling as he made up some extravagant story about a dragon and a princess, how he tickled the girl to make her jump, how he would use his hands for the story. Garrett was a rare type of boy that much El knew, how he could be deadly serious about stuff and willing to listen, to help, the boy who played bass in her cousins band and loved Ryan Adams, how sometimes he would be a little kid when he’d be on video games or start rambling on about star wars and like now and how sometimes he was just content and smiled all the time, he didn’t need to say much to show his happiness. He cared and that’s what made him so different, he didn’t just care about people he knew well but people in general; how he always offered to help lay the table out when he was eating dinner with Kennedy, how he somehow always seemed to take your mind of things.

Eleanor didn’t know what she felt about the boy and that kinda scared her. Garrett knew exactly what he felt for the girl and that killed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a filler but it is needed!