Status: Hiatus

Breathing

;they found that they are made up of millions of stars

"Marry me, Annabelle." Edward spoke, it wasn't a question. He had been waiting a century to marry her.

Her breath caught in her throat. She wanted to marry him - of course she did. She loved him, so much. Yet, something was stopping her from agreeing to marry Edward. She wanted to be able to spend eternity with him. But there was something else. Someone else. And it took her a moment to realise who.

Jacob.


They were in their happy place. Although, not everything was happy. But they were trying their hardest.

"Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice." Annabelle read from her blue notebook slowly as Edward listened. "From what I’ve tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate." Edward moved her long hair over her shoulder and kissed her jawline gently. "To say that for destruction ice, is also great. And would suffice." She finished, smiling slightly. "You know, I have an english final." Annabelle told him, but she didn't protest any further as she her lips moved with Edward's. She pulled away, but neither opened their eyes.

"Marry me."

"No."

He laughed breathlessly at her response, opening his eyes to look in hers that were now open. Annabelle observed that his eyes were honey gold. The colour they changed to when Edward was happy. He moved her hair away from her face, saying again, "Marry me."

She smilied and looked away from him. "Change me." She retorted, looking back at him and moving her head closer to his.

He laughed again, but it wasn't funny. "Okay. I will if you marry me. It's called a.. compromise."

There was a moment of silence before Annabelle leaned on him, making him fall back so she was laying on him. "It's called conversion." Edward's hands rested on the sides of her waist, their noses toucing. "Marriage is just a piece of paper."

"Where I'm from, it's the way one says 'I love you.'" They both smiled.

"Where I come from - at my age - it's the way one says 'I just got knocked up.'" She moved her lips to less that an inch away from his before she sat back up, Edward following.

"So, you're worried.. about what people will think?" He asked.

Annabelle only breathed out a laugh, dismissing his question. "You know, two out of three marriages end in divorce." She moved so she was sitting on his lap, and her hand was behind his head as their noses connected again.

"Well, I think you'll find, the vampire - human divorce rate is a little lower." He retorted. Edward's smiled faded when he said, "Just marry me."

"I can't." Annabelle said. "I have to be back at four." She placed her things back into her backpack, Edward staring at her as she did so. She glanced back at him, and he laughed. She turned back to him, grabbing his face and kissing him quickly before standing and walking away. Out of the meadow. Out of their happy place.