Status: Hiatus

Breathing

;my love for you was bulletproof but you're the one who shot me

"God, it's so pretty here." Annabelle commented as she and Jacob walked alongside the lake and the mountains. "So, Alice is throwing some huge graduation party - which you're invited to." She looked to him. Jacob only glared at her. "Okay, fine!" She held her hands up as if in surrender. "I don't wanna go either, you know." Jacob chuckled for a second before he stopped walking. Annabelle turned to him, "What?"

"I just wanted to do this differently. Smoother. But now I'm out of time." Jacob said.

"Do what?"

He stepped forward. "You need to know the truth, Annabelle. Understand all your options. And you need to know, that I'm in love with you. And I want you to choose me instead of him."

She felt like her heart was a guitar, but with only two strings. Edward played one and Jacob played the other. And they both just kept plucking at them. "Jake - I can't choose between you. You said you understood."

"I don't buy it."

"What don't you buy?" She said. "That's how I feel."

"You love one of us more. I know it." said Jacob. "So I'm not giving up. I'm gonna fight for you." He glanced down, "Until your heart stops beating."

"Well, then, you won't have to fight for long." Annabelle snapped.

"You're rushing into it because you're afraid you'll change your mind." He said quickly.

"How would you know that? You don't know how I feel, Jacob! You're not me!" Her voice had risen to a yell, but she noticed and lowered it, "This is what I want."

"You wouldn't have to change for me, Annabelle." Jacob said, moving forward again. "Or say goodbye to anybody. I can give you more than he can. I mean, he probably can't even kiss you without hurting you--" He barely got his words out before Annabelle pushed him away from her as far as she could. She hated arguing with him, but she couldn't believe he had said that.

"Shut up!" She hissed.

He pulled her back by her hand and placed it on his heart. She didn't want to be around him right now, she didn't move though. "Feel that? Flesh, and blood, and warmth."

"Don't you get it, Jacob? Nothing you say will--" She couldn't finish before she felt another pair of lips on her's. They touched for barely two seconds before she pushed him off her. "Get away from me!" She spat. When Jacob smirked slightly, she raised her fist and connected it with his cheek, breaking her hand in the process.

Stupid werewolves and with their stupid strength and stupid feelings.

-

Edward's Volvo skidded onto the drive and in a second his hand was around Jacob's throat. "If you ever touch her against her will again!" Edward threatened.

Jacob pushed his hand away. "She's not sure what she wants!" He snapped. Annabelle continued to plea for them to stop, but she was only ignored as they got closer to eachother.

"Well let me give you a clue - wait for her to say the words." said Edward lowly.

"Fine." Jacob hissed, "And she will."