Status: Hiatus

Breathing

;this is the starting of my greatest fear

The three girls squealed when they saw eachother, quickly embracing one another as their dresses swayed.

"You made it!" Angela grinned.

"What did you think of my speech?" Jessica quickly intercepted. "Too easy breezy? too self helpful? You hated it?"

"No, I loved it." Annabelle smiled.

"Yeah? It's like I was born to lead, right?" Jessica grinned, proud of herself.

"I love this song! Let's go!" Angela exclaimed as she pulled Jess away after they said goodbye.

Annabelle sighed and stood still for a moment before she turned around - only to crash straight into something hard.

Jacob.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"You invited me, remember?"

"Well, I thought me punching you was quite a clear way of me un-inviting you." She said sarcastically, "Obviously not."

He smiled a little before he turned serious. "Look, Annabelle, I'm sorry. About.. you know - the kiss ..and your hand. I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing, but it was really just.. me being an ass. I'm really sorry."

"Yeah. You were being an ass." She said, crossing her arms infront of her chest, showing that she wasn't going to forgive him that second.

Jacob rolled his eyes at her, knowing exactly what she was like. "I brought you something," He reached into his pocket, pulling out a bracelet with a wooden wolf hanging as a charm. "Graduation present. Made it myself." He placed it around her wrist and sealed the clasp.

She grinned as she admired it. "It's beautiful, Jacob. Thank you." Her smiled soon turned into a frown when she saw Alice standing on the stairs. "I'll be right back," She told Jacob as she moved passed him, Embry and Quil. "Alice? What'd you see?" Annabelle asked when she was infront of the girl.

"The decision's been made."

"What's going on?" Jacob asked, confused as he arrived next to Annabelle.

"You're not going to Seattle?"

Alice shook her head no. "They're coming here."

-

"They'll be here in four days." Alice spoke.

"This could turn into a bloodbath." said Carlisle as he stopped pacing and leant against the table.

"Who's behind it?" Edward asked.

"I didn't see anyone I recognised." Alice replied. "Maybe one."

Edward read Alice's mind, "I know his face - he's local. Riley Biers. He didn't start this."

"Whoever did is staying out of the action."

"They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision."

"By the way, the army's coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town."

"Hold up," Jacob spoke, "What damn army?"

"Newborns." Carlisle answered, "Our kind."

"What are they after?"

"They were passing around Annabelle's scent - her blue shirt."

"Wait, what?" Jacob said, a pained look on his face similar to Edward's. "They're after Annabelle? What the hell does this mean?"

"It means an ugly fight. With lives lost." Carlisle said, making Annabelle wince as if someone had pinched her. She hated being the cause for all of this. For people dying.

Jacob's face hardened before he looked to Quil and Embry, who nodded in silent reply. Jacob turned back, "Alright. We're in."

Annabelle couldn't stop herself before she stood up. "No! Jake - you'll get yourselves killed! No way." She shook her head.

"I wasn't asking for permission."

Annabelle fumbled for words, so she turned back, "Edward?"

"It means more protection for you." Edward told her.

"Jacob," Carlisle started, getting the werewolf's attention away from the girl. "Do you think that Sam would agree to.. an understanding?"

"As long as we get to kill some vampires."

"Jasper?"

"They'll give us the numbers. The newborns won't even know that they exist. They'll give us an edge."

"We'll need to coordinate." Carlisle said as he stood up straight.

"Carlisle, no. I don't want them to get hurt." Annabelle said, glancing at Jacob. Was she the only one thinking clearly?

"We all need some training." Carlisle answered, avoiding what she had said. Of course they were going to be hurt. But this was for her. And they would do anything for her. He would do anything for her.

"Alright," Jacob said as he moved forward. "Name a time and place."

"Jake," Annabelle said his name quietly. "You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"Annabelle," He said her name like she had said his. "I know that I'm helping to keep you safe. Alive. And that's all that matters."

You're all that matters.