Status: Hiatus

Breathing

;it's everything you wanted, it's everything you don't

Edward opened the door with a smile. "Come in," He said, pulling the door back so she had room to step inside.

Annabelle smiled at him. She waited for him to close the door before she started ascending the stairs, Edward following.

He stopped her when she reached the sixth step by gently grabbing her elbow and turning her around. She looked at him and waited for him to speak. He pulled something out of his pocket, Annabelle seeing what it was when he placed it around her wrist. "It seems only fair that I be represented aswell." Edward said quietly to her as he closed the clasp of the bracelet.

It was a gold chain with a clear heart attached to it. Annabelle chewed on her lip, it looked strange - having two completely different bracelets hanging loosely on her wrist; just touching her bite mark. She smiled up at Edward, "It's really pretty. Thank you." He smiled down at her before carrying on walking up the stairs. Annabelle followed and he led her towards his room. It was different from the last time she had seen it, "There's a bed." She noticed.

"I thought you would need somewhere to sleep."

Annabelle sat down on the edge of the golden bed. "An air mattress would have sufficed." She joked, smiling up at him.

"Is this too much?" Edward asked warily.

"No, no." She quickly said.

Edward smiled a little and sat down beside her. "I want to ask you something." Annabelle just stared at him, silently telling him that he could. "I'm from a different era, where things were a lot less complicated. And if I would have met you back then, I would have.. courted you. We'd have taken chaperoned strolls, and iced tea on the porch." He whispered a laugh, she just smiled at him. Edward suddenly turned serious as he stood up, looking down at her. "I may have stolen a kiss or two. But.. only after asking your father's permission, I would have gotten down on one knee," Edward lowered himself down to rest on one knee. Annabelle felt her stomach flutter and she felt as if she would throw up. "And I would have presented you with a ring." And he did. He reached for her hand and placed in it a small black box that inside of it held a beautiful oval shaped ring. "This is my mother's." Edward told her. Annabelle started to shake her head as her breath got caught in her throat, but he ignored her. "Annabelle Swan, I promise to love you every moment, forever. Would you do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me?"

Before, she had known what she had wanted. To be a vampire, to live with and love Edward for eternity. It was only Edward. But Jacob crept up on her. He consumed her. He made her feel free and alive, like she was needed. Annabelle still loved Edward, but not with everything in her like she had used to. It was like she had been divided in half - split down the middle.

She thought for a moment; if she said yes to marrying Edward, would her love for Jacob just fade away? Annabelle didn't believe that could happen - but she had to hope.

So she breathed out, "Yes."