Status: Hiatus

Breathing

;cause you always want what you're running from

"Hey, it's Jake. Leave a message." The familiar muffled sound travelled through Annabelle's phone for the hundreth time. She exhaled harshly and threw her phone at the floor in anger.

Jacob hadn't spoken to her in weeks. She wanted to fix it. She needed to fix it. He just - wouldn't give her the chance. Annabelle missed him. A lot.

She had to see him.

Annabelle pulled on my jacket and walked downstairs, telling Charlie that she was going to see Jacob as she picked up her keys. He smiled, but she was already out the door and walking to her truck. Annabelle pulled open the door, climbing in and inserting the keys in the ignition. She frowned when it wouldn't start. Annabelle turned the key again, closing her eyes and silently praying the engine would ignite. It didn't. She groaned and fell back in her chair.

She jumped when Edward appeared next to her. Annabelle looked to him, saying quietly after a moment, "Don't do that."

He barely smiled. "You going to the reservation?"

"How did you -- Alice." She hissed Alice's name involuntarily. Annabelle turned back to Edward, realisation hitting her. "You done this to my truck." She almost growled at him.

"Annabelle, you have to understand." Edward said, "Your safety is everything to me."

"Jacob won't hurt me."

"Not intentionally. But the wolves have no control--"

"Edward," She stopped him. "I have until graduation to be with him. And then I'll be one of you, and he'll hate me forever."

"I'm sorry."

Annabelle stared at him. Waiting. Waiting for him to say something. Do something. Anything.

But he didn't. So she opened her car door - ignoring Edward's protests - and she left. She walked inside of the house, telling Charlie she didn't feel well and tried her hardest not to storm up the stairs. Annabelle sat on the edge of her bed, letting thoughts run through her mind. All she had wanted was to see Jacob. To see her best friend. She loved Edward for wanting to protect her, but she had to see him.

She would see Jacob soon, no matter what Edward had to say about it. Because she needed to see him.