Status: Hiatus

Breathing

;can you keep a secret?

"I've decided to throw a party," said Alice cheerfully as she and Jasper sat down at the table.

"After all, how many times are we going to graduate high school?" Jasper spoke, Edward quietly snickering.

"A party - at your place?" Angela asked.

Jessica turned her head to the Cullens, a shocked look on her face. "I've never seen your house."

"No one's ever seen their house."

"Another party, Alice?" asked Edward dryly.

"It'll be fun." She said through gritted teeth.

"That's what you said the last time." Annabelle intercepted quietly. Alice moved her mouth like she was going to speak, but she didn't. She fell back in her chair, her eyes losing direction. Annabelle realised she was having a vision and took the attention away from Alice. "Angela, do you need help with those?"

"Uh, yeah."

Annabelle looked back to Edward, glancing at Alice who had regained presence and was looking worriedly at Jasper. Edward attempted a reassuring smile.

It didn't work.

-

Edward pulled up to the police station in his SUV, he and Annabelle climbing out quickly and walking up the stairs to the door. Annabelle noticed her father at his desk talking to a man and a woman, she frowned and turned back to Edward.

"You know what Alice saw, don't you?" She asked. Edward had a look of distress on his face, so she took that as a yes. "Tell me, Edward."

"It was nothing."

"You looked.. worried."

He breathed out a laugh. "Doesn't everyone notice how strange Alice is?"

"Yes." Annabelle answered simply. "I don't think she's strange -- just special." Edward smiled down at her. She turned back to look at Charlie through the glass police station door. "I wonder what's wrong."

"There's someone missing in Seattle over a year ago. Charlie's doing what he can, but.." Edward was going to speak, but stopped himself.

Annabelle frowned at him. "Do you know something about this?"

"We've been tracking the situation in Seattle for a while, unexplained disappearences, killings. If the situation gets anymore conspicuous, The Volturi will step in."

She panicked, her mouth parting slightly. "If they go to Seattle, they could come here -- they could see I'm still human." She fretted.

"It won't get that far." Edward shook his head quickly. "But we'll go to Seattle if we have to."

The police station door opened, and the couple walked out with Charlie following. "Hey," Annabelle greeted. "You ready for dinner?"

"Yeah." Charlie glanced at Edward. "It is still just.. you and I, right?" He asked his daughter.

Edward smiled a little. "No, I'm just dropping her off. " He said as he stood upright, looking to Annabelle. "See you later."

"Bye," She replied quietly, smiling at him.

Edward walked down the stairs, then stopped at his car. "Oh, Annabelle, my parents wanted to remind you about the airline ticket that you got for your birthday."

"What airline ticket?" Charlie asked.

"A round trip ticket to see mom in Florida," Annabelle answered.

"Well, that was generous."

"It expires soon, so you might wanna use it this weekend." Edward spoke. "It might be your last chance to see her before you graduate." She didn't need anymore convincing.

Charlie intercepted, "Might not be a bad idea. Getting out of town for a few days. Get some.. distance."

"Yeah, I'd love to see mom." Annabelle said, looking back to Edward, "As long as you use the companion ticket?" Edward only smiled.

"Wait, there's two tickets?" Charlie asked. "Super. That makes me really happy."