Status: Hiatus

Breathing

;you're young until you're not

"Are you sure this is okay?" Annabelle asked Jacob as they walked towards the circle of people surrounding the camp fire. "I don't want to be a party crasher."

"Technically, you're a council meeting crasher," Jacob smiled at her. He pointed at the group in front of them, "See, the council leaders. Dad, Quil's grandpa and Sue Clearwater - she took over for Harry when he died."

She frowned, "Okay, I should not be here." Annabelle stopped in her tracks.

"You're okay." Jake told her, "I thought -- I mean, they thought it would be good for you to.. hear the histories."

"The Tribe's histories? Aren't they secret?"

"You're part of this." Jacob said, walking again, "But you are the first outsider. Ever."

"I wish I had dressed better." She replied, glancing down at her casual clothes. Jacob just grinned at her.

"Jake!" A young boy with dark skin and dark hair called as he ran over. "About time you got here."

Jacob smiled, "Annabelle, this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother."

Seth held out his hand and Annabelle smiled, taking it in hers. "Hey,"

"The newest member of the pack." Jacob added.

"Newest, bestest, brightest."

"Yeah, and the slowest." Jake said and quickly put Seth in a headlock as Annabelle grinned at them.

There was a whistle, and Seth broke free. "C'mon, your dad's about to start."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so short. next chapter up soon. x