Status: Hiatus

Breathing

;all this bad blood here, won’t you let it dry? it's been cold for years, won't you let it lie?

"The Quileute have been a small tribe from the beginning. And we've always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, shape-shifters," Annabelle looked to Jacob, glancing to his lips for a moment before focusing back to Billy. "that transformed to the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe." Jacob flickered his eyes to her, the corners of his mouth hinting at a smile. "One day our warriors came across a creature - that looked like man, but was hard like stone, and cold as ice. Our warriors sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear the cold man was not alone. They were right. She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's third wife would see that we would lose. The third wife was no magical being, no special powers but one. Courage. The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time our enemies have disappeared but one remains." Billy paused and moved his gaze to Annabelle. "The cold ones. Our magic awakens when they're near and we sense it now, we feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming and we must all be ready. All of us."

-

"I don't see why you can't work together." Annabelle said thoughtfully as she and Jacob walked through the forest together.

Jacob looked to her. "Who? The tribe and the cold ones? Or me and Edward?" He grinned, "Because I have perfectly good reasons for both." He looked ahead of them again.

"The first option." She rolled her eyes at him slightly.

"Urban legends, I guess." Jacob replied. "As for Edward--"

"Don't." Annabelle cut him off.

"Alright, fine." He raised his hands in surrender as he smiled. Not long after that, Annabelle tripped over a tree root, she stumbled and would have fallen to the cold ground if Jacob hadn't of caught her. He chuckled, "Still clumsy as ever."

She stood up straight, smiling faintly. "Thanks for catching me."

He smiled and shrugged. "I'll always catch you when you fall, Annabelle."