Status: Happy 28th Birthday Johnny!

Birthday Surprise.

O n e o f O n e.

The smell of eggs, bacon and waffles drifted throughout the cozy home, threatening to wake up the sleeping birthday boy. He couldn't resist the smell of his favorite meal, even in his sleep. His wife hustled around the kitchen, gliding across the tiles in her socks. She put all the dirty dishes into the sink to wash later before placing the plate with the food onto a tray.

She poured her husband a cup of coffee, adding the right amount of sugar and milk. She slowly carried it up to their bedroom, having tons of balance. She was a waitress for eight months in high school. She knew how to carry food trays like a pro.

She set the tray on the night table before slipping into bed beside her husband. She ran her smooth fingers across the stubble across his cheek. "Johnny," She whispered, her fingers slipping through his brunette locks, "wake up dear." She pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

Johnny was half awake when his wife whispered his name. When he felt her familiar lips on his own, he was wide awake. He pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. She smiled against his lips, holding him tight and melted into the kiss.

When they broke apart, Johnny's brown eyes flicked to the food on the table, "What's that?" He asked, intrigued. If there was anything besides beer, his wife and his band that he loved most, it was food. Especially the food his wife, Tamara, made. It was heavenly.

Tamara smiled and sat up, grabbing the tray. Her long, orange hair fell into her eyes as she lifted the tray into Johnny's lap, "Happy birthday baby." She wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head on his broad shoulder. Johnny smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"Thank you. This is perfect." He took a bite of the waffle, after drenching it in syrup, and moaned. It was just that good. He stuffed his face full of food, much to Tamara's dismay. She shook her head and smoothed her hands over Johnny's shirt. She would normally wear one of his shirts to bed each night.

Her hand fluttered over her stomach, staying there for a second before drifting away. Would he be upset? No, he couldn't be. She bit her lip and decided to wait until later, when everybody was here, to tell him. She kissed his cheek, "Remember, everybody will be here at three so please be ready by then."

"What time is it now?" The bassist asked through his food. Tamara pouted and wiped Johnny's mouth with a napkin.

"It's ten thirty. Matt and Val will be here earlier to help set up and grill and stuff. So, I suggest you get dressed soonish. Okay?" She started to get out of the bed. He grabbed her wrist gently so she wouldn't leave.

"Where are you going?" He actually sounded hurt that she wasn't going to be staying with him as he ate. Normally they had breakfast together before she left for work on weekdays. She worked as a secretary in some office downtown. Huntington Beach was home to homely stores but this business she worked for, was huge. Johnny was pretty sure it was some fashion designer's store.

Tamara smiled and blushed. She was flattered that her husband wants her to stay with them. But the house was a mess. If she didn't start to clean now, nothing would ever get done, "I have to clean. When you're done with that, just put it in the sink. I'll wash it later."

"Are you sure? I can-"

"It's your birthday. I'm not going to make you clean or do anything. Just lay back, relax, watch some TV. If you're not dressed by at least two, there won't be any fun time tonight." An evil smirk painted itself onto her lips as she disappeared through the doorway.

Johnny's lips parted as if he were going to speak but he didn't. He had no words. He knew though, that she wasn't serious. Having been with her since high school, he knew she was only kidding.

----

A few hours later and Tamara was still bustling around the house. Her light red hair was pulled back, topped off with a red bandana used as a make-shift headband. She was rapidly running around, vacuuming the living room. Johnny, taking full advantage of his birthday, was being a smart ass. He was on the couch, feet on the coffee table, beer in one hand and the remote in the other.

Tamara shut the vacuum off and glared, "Jonathan." She crossed her arms over her chest. She knew calling him by his full name would get his attention. His eyes flicked over her and he pouted.

"Yes?" He asked. He hated being called Jonathan. That's what his mother would call him whenever he was going to be punished. Usually, that occurred at least three times a week. You could say that he was a rebellious child.

"Can you move your legs so I can vacuum in between there please? And was the beer really necessary?" She shook her head but couldn't help but smile. He loved his beer. He even tattooed it across his knuckles, along with "WINE".

Johnny laid on the couch so he wouldn't be in the way of his wife vacuuming. He watched her as she did so. He loved the way she looked so focused and determined with whatever she was doing. She had changed into some shorts and a low-cut t-shirt. He admired her breasts, which whenever she bent down, would threaten to spill out. But, her bra restrained them from doing so, much to Johnny's anger. He loved her breasts, along with the rest of her body. But he was definitely a boob man.

With a defeated sigh, Tamara turned off the vacuum cleaner and put it back in the closet. She sat in the chair and glanced at her husband who had yet to get dressed. The clock read one forty-three. She had warned him if he wasn't dressed by two there would be no sex tonight. She didn't know if she could live up to that but she would certainly try.

"Johnny?"

"Hm?"

"Are you forgetting something?"

Johnny looked at her with totally confusion. Was he forgetting something? He looked around the room. His eyes fell on the clock. One forty-four. He gaze down at himself. Wife beater and boxers. "Shit." He cursed and put his beer down, fleeing to their room. He could hear his wife's musical laughter echo through the house.

He changed into some khaki shorts and a Metallica t-shirt, running his fingers through his hair. He hasn't dyed it in a while, listening to Tamara's advice to keep it natural. She didn't like it when it was dyed. She claimed it became hard and dead. She liked lively hair. He couldn't just disobey her.

The bassist made his way back to the living room, retrieving his beer from the coffee table. He finished it in one long swig and went to get another one. His wife blocked his path and wagged a finger in front of his face, "Save the rest for the party."

"But the guys will be bringing beer anyways. So what's the big deal?" He side stepped her and put the glass bottle in the sink, opening the fridge. He wrapped his hand around one before his ass got smacked.

"Put it down!" She exclaimed. She shook her head. If there was one thing she disliked, it was her husband ignoring her wishes. It was just one beer that would be there later.

Johnny cringed and let go of the beer, shutting the fridge with empty hands. He wrapped his arms around her waist, staring into the crystal blue eyes that he first fell in love with. He kissed every freckle on her reddening face as a form of forgiveness, "I'm sorry." He breathed against her cheek. She leaned her head on his shoulder and placed her hand on his chest.

"It's fine. I know it's your birthday but the same rules apply. No ignoring my wishes and no saying anything embarrassing about me when sober." She kissed the tip of his nose before slipping out of his grasp. She heard the doorbell ring and smirked.

"I told you they would come early." She stepped out of the kitchen and opened the front door. Matt and Valary Sanders stood their, holding presents. In one of Valary's hands held a baby carrier, carrying a five month old baby boy, fast asleep. Tamara's smiled and bent down.

"I'm glad you guys can make it with this little one." She cooed and rubbed the baby's arm. Despite being so little, he was so warm.

Val laughed, "It's no problem. Owen is a good baby. He can sleep through anything."

"Except the night." Matt muttered and shook his head, stepping into the house. A few moments later there was booming laughter and the sounds of "happy birthday!" and "thank you!" Laughter erupted some more as Tamara led her other friend in, gently closing the door behind her.

Valary wrapped her arms around Johnny, "Happy birthday." She ruffled his hair, taking full advantage over her superiority. The rest of Johnny's band mates were 31, him turning 28 today. Valary was 31 as well and she enjoyed bossing him around.

"Thanks." He laughed, running his fingers through his hair to fix it. He hated when his friends forced their age on him. But it was his birthday. They could mess with him all they wanted. He knew it was pretty much a given.

He said hello to the baby before disappearing into the backyard with Matt. He had a feeling this was going to be a great birthday.

----

Everybody had arrived and eaten dinner. Now everybody was sitting around laughing drinking - everybody but Tamara. She was never much of a drink, but now she couldn't drink at all. Val was sitting with her, sipping a soda. She wanted to stay sober so Matt could finally go out and get wasted.

"You okay?" Valary asked, looking at her friend. She was concerned. Tamara looked very upset and confused. She'd never seen her like this before now. Tamara wasn't one to be confused.

Tamara glanced at Valary and shook her head, "No, Val... I need to talk to Johnny." She stood up and walked over to her husband, who was about to wrestle with Zacky. She tapped his shoulder, "Johnny?"

Johnny turned and stared at her. He was a bit tipsy. Okay, he was a little bit more than tipsy but he could still distinguish what was going on. He gave her a lopsided grin, "Hey baby. What's up?"

Tamara took his hand, "Can I, um, talk to you please?" She bit her lip nervously, squeezing his hand. She hoped Johnny could tell that this was important.

Johnny frowned and nodded, "Sure. Is everything okay?" He asked as Tamara led him into the house and into the living room. She broke out into a shy smile as she faced him.

"I have a surprise for you." She leaned in and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Johnny smiled and coiled his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. She slid her fingers through his hair and pulled away, leaning her forehead against his.

"Does this surprise include the shedding of clothes?" Johnny smirked, sliding his hands over her curves. He couldn't wait to ravish her, drunk or not.

Tamara laughed and shook her head, "No. This surprise is big and small all in one." She took Johnny's hand and slid it under her shirt, placing it on her stomach. She held it there and looked into his eyes.

Johnny was confused at first, staring at his wife of three years with an eyebrow cocked. His eyes drifted to her stomach, where she was pressing his hand. He shook his head, "Tamara, I don't..."

And then it clicked. His eyes slowly lit up and his face glowed with a beautiful smile, "You're... You're..."

"Pregnant." Tamara nodded and laughed at the same time, "I was waiting until today to tell you. I thought it would be a great birthday present, a surprise."

Johnny smiled and shook his head, "Knowing that I'm going to be a father in a matter of months is the best present ever." He kissed her with so much love and passion, Tamara almost cried. He was so happy and that made her happy.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her outside, "Guys! Guess what." He kissed Tamara's hand as his friends turned their heads questionably in their direction. Johnny looked at his wife and then at his friends, "I'm gonna be a dad!"

It took a few moments but the group suddenly broke into a congratulatory atmosphere. They jumped up and hugged their two friends tightly, congratulating them and questioning Tamara. She wasn't due for another six months. Valary started to give her pointers as Johnny just stood there with a shit-eating grin on his face.

Best birthday surprise ever. He thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
In honor of Johnny's 28th birthday, I thought I would write a story.

Happy birthday Jonathan Lewis Seward. All of your fans, including me, love you.