Rampion

Chapter 1

I have never been so devastated.

My mother would not look me in the eye and all of my siblings shunned me. I have apologized so many times, something that was a great feat for my kind, but they would have none of it. I had committed an unforgivable sin against my race. Against my family. I had killed my own father.

My mother could not bring herself to have a say in whether I died or had my wings removed, so she convinced my grandfather to banish me. A kind of farewell gift I suppose. I would have preferred death.

Dragons were not solitary creatures, as most humans assume. I had never been so alone in all my years of living, there was always someone near me. Whether it be one of my many brothers or Azuna.

"Oh Azuna." I murmured as I thought of my dead daughter. She had been so young, only fifty years old and about to be fifty one. It had been her birthday in fact and she had been sliding down the spire with one of her many friends; Daiga. The guards said that there had been an odd pause and then the two young ones had begun approaching the forest as if something had caught their eye. They never came back out.

I closed my eyes tightly as the painful memories, began flooding in. I did not want to think about what had happened-- only who had done such a murderous deed. The same creature who was responsible for my banishment.

Kia Tamrinkas. A powerful and vindictive sorceress. She had once been a human as most magic users were, but something terrible had happened to her. So says the legends. One of my kind wronged her, but I had yet to find out who that was. I had never met the sorceress in all my years and Azuna certainly hadn't.

My sweet daughter had had no enemies outside of the nursery! And even then, those were only because she had learned to fly earlier! What had she done to deserve such a sudden fate?

I may be banished, and my race may shun me but that would not stop me from achieving my revenge. Kia Tamrinkas has unjustly wronged me, and I would destroy her for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this chapter is very short but it's more of an introduction. :)