Status: Ready to go! :')

When Life Couldn't Get Any Better, It Gets Worse...

Chapter Three.

Silence surrounded everyone, it was as if the world was holding thier breath. Ray was shaking, aware if he made one mistake, Gerard would die. Mikey was crying into his hands, and Frank was still cradling Gerard's face with his hands, mumbling soft words of encouragement and thughts that occured to him. Frank would give up anything for Gerard to wake up... Even his own life.

"Someone needs to call Lyn-z," Ray said, ending the silence.

"I'll do it when we get there," Mikey said, taking his face out of his hands. His eyes were red and puffy, and his face was incredibly pale, even for Mikey. Frank didn't move. He didn't even listen. He was too wrapped up in thought.

"Frank?" Ray questioned. Frank turned his head to face Ray, his eyes swimming with tears.

"Yeah?" he whispered shallowly.

"Are you okay?"

"No. I can't lose him. I just... I don't... Oh God," Frank sobbed. His eyes overflew with tears as he sobbed into Gerard's cheek. Frank wanted Gerard to tell him how stupid he was. That everything would be fine, and to stop being a girl. He didn't want to live without him. A few minutes later, they arrived at the hospital...

--

There was a rush. This was when everyone caught on to how bad a condition Gerard was in. The hospital staff carried Gerard out of the ambulance and everyone followed closely behind. They rushed towards the accidents and emergency unit. Some point in this, Gerard came round, as he started coughing up and spluttering scarlet blood.

"Gerard! You stay with me! You know what I'll do if you die!" Frank screamed, tears still streaming down his face. They crashed through some double doors into the surgery unit, and one of the doctors held Mikey and Frank back.

"NO!" Mikey screamed at the top of his lungs, "HE'S MY BROTHER! I... need to... Gerard... NO!" Mikey collapsed onto the floor, crying wildly.

"Ray is only in there to keep pressure on the wound, once I am in there, he'll be asked to leave the room," the doctor raised his hands. Frank smashed his hands against one of the double doors, bursting out in pure anger.

"Frank, I'm gonna call Lyn-z," Mikey said, placing his hand on Frank's shoulder, steadying himself whilst standing up.

"Okay," Frank whispered, fighting away from tears. Mikey walked into a corner, mobile phone in hand, and dialled Lyn-z's number, and she picked up on the second ring.

"Hey Lyn-z. Can you... Can you come to the hospital?" Mikey asked, and Frank suddenly heard a speaker crackling, "We'll explain everything when you get here. Just do it!" And he put the phone down. Ray came back into the room.

"They've got everything under control, and they're performing the surgery now. They didn't want me to be there to see everything happen, and we can watch through the window if we want." Ray sounded down-hearted.

"I can't watch them do that to him. I just can't," Frank said.

"Me neither," Ray agreed.

"Okay. We'll all stay out here then," Mikey said. Frank walked away from the doors. His thoughts turned back to the night Gerard first told him he loved him. The night this all started.

He thought about it for a while, tears rolling freely down his face. His thoughts were shattered when a slightly irritated Lyn-z walked through the door.

"Why the hell are we here?" she asked.

"What do you think?" Mikey said, "Who's the only person not in this room?" Then Lyn-z realised. Gerard was in that room.

"Gerard?!" Mikey nodded slowly. Lyn-z walked up to Frank, tears falling freely down her face.

"This is your fucking fault!"

"Lyn-z!" Mikey screamed. Lyn-z didn't stop.

"If he hadn't had loved you so much as to move in front of you, he wouldn't be in there dying!" Frank whimpered at her words.

"You stupid bastard! It was you that was meant to die! It was you I wanted him to kill! It was you I wanted out of the fucking picture!" Lyn-z screeched in Frank's face.

Mikey realised exactly what Lyn-z had just told them, as did Ray. Frank sat there, still unaware of Lyn-z's confession.

"It was you all along! You cold hearted bitch! How dare you! You know Frank's like a brother to all of us!" Mikey screeched in Lyn-z's face.
Agast, Lyn-z said, "It's not my fault he loves him! More than anyone in the world! Even more than his own wife!"

Frank's head snapped up. Now he had realised that Lyn-z had heard everything that they said all those weeks ago.

"Lyn-z," he began, "You hired that bastard to fucking kill me, didn't you?"

"Yes," Lyn-z whispered. Frank got up from his seat. He was standing about an inch from her face.

"Get out. It's not my fault he's in here... It's yours. Get out now before I do something I won't ever regret." Mikey and Ray had never seen such a look of pure anger on Frank's face before... Ever.

"Fine. I'll go. Tell Gerard when he wakes up, if he wakes up, that it's over."

She walked away before turning back towards Frank and saying, "I hope you're happy together. If he doesn't die that is. You stupid fucking homo." She gave Frank the finger, cackling like a witch as she left the room. Frank wanted to kill her. She was the reason the love of his life was in the hospital having life-threatening surgery.

"Well... She's a bitch," Mikey mumbled.

"I just can't believe she would go that low," Ray stated.

"Whatever. She can go fuck herself for all I care," Mikey said as they all took their seats again. Frank stayed silent as he let all the sudden information process in his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! And a belated happy new year!

Well, I thought I'd update the night before I'm back at college because I probably won't have chance to update.

Tell me what you think? Anything good, anything bad, what you think could happen, what you think could be done better, ANYTHING! :) <3