If Only

Interest

I think myself deserving of a little time off All Time Low

-

Patrick opened the door to a room, and said, "You can stay here until everything is settled.

I took a step inside. It was small, just a twin sized bed pushed against a wall with a dresser. There were no windows.

"Thanks," I said. Patrick nodded, and turned to leave, but I asked, "Patrick?"

"Yes?" he answered.

"What's the deal with William Beckett?" I asked, then blushed. My curiosity was getting the best of me. "I mean, like, why's he such a big deal? Why's he so feared?"

Patrick smiled tightly. "He's just... he doesn't care about others, only himself. He proves it everyday too, by killing humans. He thinks he's better than everyone else so he can do what he wants. He built his whole empire on self interest."

I bit my lip, not wanting to believe Patrick. I said, "So that's why you're trying to stop him?"

Patrick sighed, "We're doing everything we can." He smiled genuinely then. "But don't worry yourself, Leah. Just get some rest. Tomorrow will be better."

But tomorrow was not better. Not when I woke up to a vampire holding my arms at my sides, fangs glowing in the dark of the room.

"You're dead," he snarled.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm back with short chapters.
beware of the vampires.