If Only

Haze

Losing it all on these sick little games All Time Low

-

"Will?" I asked, eyes fluttering open. "What's wrong?"

"Shh," he cooed. "Everything's alright."

"Why-what time is it?"

He smiled, small with just the slightest up curl on his lips. His brown eyes were soft and glowing. He leaned down, and placed the softest of kisses on my cheek. "Four in the afternoon."

"What are you doing in here?" I questioned in a sleepy haze. The kiss he gave me barely registered, and I felt my eyes growing heavy.

"You need not worry," he whispered, and then placed another kiss on my cheek. "I'm just checking on you."

I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, and when I felt a soft trace of pressure on my lips I thought I was dreaming.

"You're not really here," I said softly. Warm breath warmed my face, but I thought nothing of it. "I'm just dreaming."

"You are love," William said.

-

That night when I got up (because I was on a vampire's schedule) I felt like shit. My head was pounding and I felt extremely nauseous. My hands were shaking and I couldn’t stop coughing. It was like I got the flu when I was sleeping, and hadn’t taken medication for it in days.

When I managed to drag myself out of bed, and stumble down the hall and into the kitchen, Brendon’s eyes glazed over with worry. He placed his notebook on the kitchen table, next to Will, and gave me a once over.

“Leah!” he cried, running over to my side to hold me upright. “Leah, what’s-are you okay?”

Will looked up from his newspaper, and titled his head to the side in question. “Leah, darling.”

“Will,” I breathed, and pulled away from Brendon. William opened his arms and I sank into them. “I don’t feel good.”

He ran his hands through my hair. “Why not?”

“I don’t know,” I said, pushing my face into his chest. “Everything hurts.”

“Bill, what did you do to her?” Brendon asked suddenly, voice drained of his usual cheer.

Will let his hand fall to my waist. “Nothing.”

-

“Hey,” Brendon said softly. He walked into my room and set a bowl down on the night table, and then sat on the edge of the bed. “I went out and got you some soup.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“You need to eat,” he stated. “You won’t get better unless you do.”

I looked away from him, and crossed my arms. “I told you, I’m not hungry.”

From the corner of my eye, I saw him lift his hand. Slowly, he reached out and placed it on my cheek. “Please. For me?” he asked.

I snapped my eyes to him, and shook my head no. “Where’s William?”

“What do you need Bill for?” he sighed.

“I want to see him.”

“But I’m here,” Brendon said, and his eyes gave away the disappointment that his relaxed façade was hiding.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is going to be long...

Comments would make me update quicker!