If Only

Vivid

Now make a change / I'm counting down All Time Low

-

I looked around are realized that Will was actually gone. He left. He left. He left. My hands started shaking and I started crying. I couldn’t help it, and it was involuntary. This reaction wasn’t what I wanted. I wanted to be fine with it, but he left. And it was even stupider that I started crying harder when I realized that I left Brendon.

“You okay?” I jumped, and turned around to face the direction the voice came from. I wiped my eyes and stared at the man in front of me. He had brown hair and vivid brown eyes. “What’s wrong?”

My mind was racing with two thoughts. One was to find my way back to the manor, to go back to Will and Brendon. The second was to ask who this guy was, to see if he knew Pete. If I went with option one, Will might get mad. He might get mad and send me right back out here, or Brendon would stick up for me. Brendon wouldn’t throw me back out here. But the second option would make Will happy, and maybe if I listened and just got it over with…

“Your boyfriend break up with you?” he asked, taking a step closer.

“Sort of,” I said, pulling the sleeves of Brendon’s sweatshirt further down my arms. He could go without it for four weeks, right?

The guy nodded his head in understanding, and motioned behind him. “Well, I have to go to work, but if you want a free coffee I can give you one.”

I bit my lip, contemplating the idea. I was supposed to find Pete, because he was supposed to be here, in this is park. I was supposed to find Pete and. And. And I didn’t know what. I was just supposed to find Pete.

A fire built up in my stomach then. I was so absorbed in Will, I was so absorbed in what he was doing, that I let him leave me here without telling me the rest of the plan. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do when I finally found Pete. Will didn’t tell me, and it pissed me off because Will never told me anything. He said he was taking me out for a walk, and he just fucking left me here to find Pete. No warnings. No time to prepare myself.

“Where do you work?” I asked the guy, my anger getting the best of me. But I had four weeks to find Pete, so what did it matter if I didn’t find him at this exact second?

“The diner a few block down,” he smiled.

“Sure,” I stated, taking a few steps closer to the guy, and then pausing. “You’re not…you’re not a vampire, are you?”

He looked at me, puzzled. “Like, a blood sucking vampire?”

“Yeah,” I breathed.

He laughed. “No, but my friend lives with one.”

And that was not the answer I was expecting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait guys! Next chapter I'll make up for it, I promise.

Now, any ideas on who this guy is?