Status: Y E S! layout by Non Omnis Moriar ♥

She's Not Afraid

Prologue ;

Dear Sadie

I'm not even sure if this is your address anymore. It's been so long since we've heard from you or even see you. I'm writing you this letter to tell you that... Johnny and Dally are... dead. Both of them died on the same day. Sadie we need you more then ever right now. Please if you get this at least call 641-3284. We'll understand if you don't want to come. We just really miss you! Well I gotta get going. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely, Sodapop Curtis  

The letter fell from my hands on to the wooden floor beneath me. Johnny and Dally both dead? When? How? I felt like I couldn't breathe. A few tears ran down my cheeks. Even thought I didn't want to I needed to go back. I ran over to my closet on the other side of my room. I grabbed my backpack dumping everything out of it. Quickly walking to my dresser I opened the first drawer. I shoved whatever would fit into my backpack not caring what it was. On my way out I grabbed my denim jacket off its hook. I wrote my aunt a quick note telling her where I would be and not to come after me because I would be fine. I got on the first bus to Tulsa, Oklahoma. It took me almost three hours to get there. It took me another fifteen minutes by foot to get to the Curtis house. I was nervous to be back. I left here to get away from all the Greaser versus Socs shit. No matter what though I'll always be a Greaser. A greaser who will never no matter how much she tries will like a Soc. I mean what Soc in his right mind would beat up a fourteen year old girl? Him and his asshole friends take turns- I shook off the horrible memory. I didn't come back here for that. I opened the gate to the Curtis house shutting it behind me. I knocked twice before someone answered the door. I couldn't help but to laugh when I saw Ponyboy with his blonde hair.

"Jeeze Pony what did they do to you?" I snickered

The young boys face became a bright red.

"Pony who's at the door?" I heard Darry shout from inside

Pony looked at me confused like he knew who I was but wasn't sure it was me.

"Sadie!" I heard someone shout from behind me

I turned around to see Two-Bit and Steve running up to me.

"Sadie!" Sodapop said

I turned back to look at Sodapop and Darry standing next to Ponyboy on the porch. Two-Bit came up from behind me wrapping both his strong arms around my waist picking me up from the ground and twirling me in a circle. I couldn't breathe with the way they we're hugging me.

"Alright enough," I said pushing them off me

I followed them into the house. I sat next to Two-Bit on the love seat.

"How'd it happen?" I asked

"How'd what happen?" Darry asked

"Johnny and Dally." I whispered

Everyone became quiet. Nobody seemed to want to tell me. Finally Ponyboy spoke up.

"Its a long story. Johnny got caught in a fire, he ended up paralyzed from the waist down. He didn't make it very long. Dally being himself couldn't take it. We didn't make it in time to help him. The cops shot him down, " Ponyboy said

My heart hurt. It was hard for me to take this all in. A fire killed one of my best friends and the cops killed the other. I knew that they were leaving something out.

"What fire?" I asked

Again no one said anything.

"Damn it just tell me!" I snapped

Two-Bit sighed beside me.

"Johnny killed a Soc that was beating up Pony here. Dally gave them a place to stay. Some old abandoned church. One of them must have left a cigarette lit cause it caught fire. The roof caved in on Johnny while he was helping some kids out," Two-Bit said

Of course everything comes back to these damn Socs. I was shocked to hear that Johnny Cade killed one. I was fighting back tears. Out of all people I didn't want them to see me cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't help it. I had to post something!
This is dedicated to onlythegooddieyoung (Kate) for inspiring me to write this story!(:
Thanks to everyone who recommended and subscribed(:
Let me know what you think!(: