Bring Me Her Head

Chapter 2

“Pete?” Andy warily asked.
His back was to them, and all any of them could see of the body, was legs in baggy jeans.
The bare feet led up to the realization that the figure was a woman.
There was blood over the floor and walls. Some of it was vampire, but some of it was probably the girl’s too.
Patrick stepped forward and walked around Pete, seeing the girl for the first time.
Pete had an arm under her shoulders and his other hand on her neck, applying pressure to the shredded, bleeding skin there.
“Pete?” Patrick tried again, stepping forward.
“Stop!” Came the vampire’s harsh growl. He looked up at his friend. As worried as the other three were about their friend losing it on this girl, the look in the vampire’s eyes, wasn’t hunger. It was sadness, tinted with anger.
Patrick straightened up where he was and raised his hands in a gesture of surrender.
Andy pulled out a taser as Joe walked around their friend.
“Is she alive?” Joe asked.
“Yes.” Pete answered.
“Will she stay that way?” Patrick.
Pete moved his hands, picking the girl up bridal style. “Not if we leave her.” He turned towards the door. Stopping for a moment, his eyes moved between Andy and the taser.
After a second, the taser was lowered and the vampire continued out the door, the other three in tow.
“So, what, we’re going to bring her to a hospital?” Patrick asked in the elevator.
“Beckett owns the hospitals on this side of town.” Andy pointed out. “That’s suicide for all of us.”
“Pete?”
“She’s coming home with us.”
The guys erupted into various ‘what? Why?’s
Ignoring them, he continued. “The doorman will call the police if he sees her. I’m going to flash her home.”
“Leave you alone with desert?” Joe asked.
“You three are all alive, right?”
There was silence.
As they neared the ground floor, Joe got a curious look on his face. “How cold does it get during that flash thing? For humans?”
Pete shrugged. “Probably the same as riding a motorcycle.”
Joe nodded and began to slide his leather jacket off.
“What are you going?” Patrick asked.
Seeing what was he was thinking, Pete moved the girl to help Joe slid her arms into the coat.
“She could get cold.” Joe pointed out, sounding like a child explaining something incredibly simple.
Back at the warehouse they called home, Pete set the girl down on the couch. Sitting down on the coffee table next to her, he set his chin on his hands and watched her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorta filler material, sorta informative i guess