Bring Me Her Head

Chapter 4

The room I was in was at the end of a dark hallway.
Leaving the door open, I headed towards the lit room beyond the hallway.
At the end of the hallway, I stopped where the dark ended. Setting a hand on the wall, I looked into the living room.
There was only one guy in the room. He was medium build and about my height, with lots of curly hair. He was bent over a guitar.
He reached onto the table for something before turning in my direction. “Hey, I thought you were down for the day?”
I felt a cold hand cover my mouth. “Yeah, I was, am. I just came to see if you guys had a bigger blanket for her.”
“Um, I think so. I’ll go get something.” He set down the guitar.
“Alright, thanks.” Another hand took my wrist and pulled me in the direction of the open door at the end of the hall.
The guy took his hand from my mouth and led me to stand by the bed.
I turned around and seeing him, felt any questions I had choke up in my throat. I collapsed onto a corner of the bed next to me.
“Hey, Pete, I want to check on her--.” A blonde guy opened the door and saw me sitting there, “Neck.”
Pete moved over and sat on the desk chair.
The blonde guy took a step closer to me. “Hi, uh, I’m Patrick.” He moved to take the jacket off of me.
I came off the bed and backed away from him.
“I just want to make sure you aren’t bleeding or anything.”
Patrick tried to take another step forward, and I stepped back again.
I looked over to Pete.
Pete sighed from his seat and got up. Walking around behind me, he slid the leather jacket from my shoulders and tossed it on the bed. “Sit down.”
I did as he said and felt him pull the bandage I hadn’t even noticed off of my neck.
“Patrick.”
Patrick moved and came see my wound. He remained silent, but I could see on his face that something was up.
“What?” Asked the curly haired guy, leaning against the doorway.
“There is no wound. Only a little bit of scarring. How the hell?”
I looked up at Pete but he shook his head.
“Pete…” Curly asked.
“Yes, Joe?”
“What’s her name?”
Pete looked at me then at his friend.
“If she’s a vampire …” He trailed off.
I looked down at my wrists.
“A vampire wouldn’t still be sitting here, in a house full of hunters.” Pete pointed out,
“Then how did she heal like that?”
“Can we do this later? Like tonight?” Pete asked. “The sun’s coming up fast.”
Patrick nodded.
He tossed the jacket to Joe who then tossed the covers he was holding to Pete.
The vampire walked them to the door and locked it behind them.
“You shouldn’t stay in that.” He noted, gesturing to my clothes. Walking over to his dresser, he tossed me an over-sized shirt. “Bathroom’s there.” He pointed to a closed door.
I nodded. “You’re friend, um …’
“Don’t worry about it.” He opened the other door to the locker.
I nodded again.
He stepped into the metal box and sat down. “Try to get some sleep.” He sighed, laying down and pulling the doors closed.