The River People

Chapter one

It was almost time for Alex to leave the comfort of his own home and sit in a rank van for a day or two with his best friends, traveling up north from Southern California to somewhere in Oregon. He really had no clue as to why his hippy friend, Christofer Drew, wanted to do this, but if he didn't go, he would be alone all summer, and what fun is that?
"Dude, get off your ass and get in the car." Jack said, arms crossed, in the doorway. "I don't want to do this as much as you do, but it'll make Chris happy, and I refuse to spend our whole summer vacation alone with you."
Alex closed his laptop and stood up. "Is everyone else ready to go?" He said as he looked around his room to find his old Chuck Taylors.
"Yeah, and we're all waiting for you. I had to pay Austin $10 to put your fucking bag in the back so I didn't have to, now hurry up." He said as he turned around to leave the lazy boy.
Alex made sure to get his beloved computer, guitar, and phone before leaving the room and turning out the lights. Last one out of the house always had to make sure everything was off. That was an energy saving tip from the hippy a few days ago.

----

They had been on the road for a few hours now, and much to everyone's relief, they took two cars. Rian, Jack, Alex, the one and only Kyle Burns, and Chris in one (no worries, Jack wasn't driving), and Zack, Austin, Alan Ashby, and Oliver Sykes in the other car. "Oli! Get off of me you dickwad!"
Oliver had been crawling over Austin and Alan for the past few minutes out of boredom. He sat up and started playing with his fingers. The four boys had gotten very hungry, thirsty, and a few bladders had filled up, so Alan called up Alex to tell them they were going to stop at a drive through. "I think there's one around here. Maybe a McDonald's?"
"Ugh, no one likes that shit!" The boy on the other end spat. "But if we don't stop soon I think Kyle's gunna have a little 'accident'" For this, Alex received a punch on the shoulder from the peroxide blonde next to him.
"Okay, listen, we're turning off the freeway right now. Get off at the next exit, we'll meet you at the gas station."
"Fine." He hung up. "Rian, get off at this exit, we're meeting them at the gas station on the corner."

Kyle was happy, and so was everyone else. They picked up a few snacks and drinks, mostly Monster and Red Bull to keep them alive. "COOKIES!" Christofer yelled when he saw some chocolate chip cookies on a rack. "Cookie. Cookie. Cookie." He chanted, doing a very strange and very Christofer Drew dance. He got about five, and returned to where Zack, Alan, and Austin were holding up the line.
"Shit, man. Why do you have so many cookies?" Zack questioned the skinny cookie lover.
"Why don't you have so many cookies?" He retorted. "Hmm?" He lay the pile of chocolate chip sweets on the check out counter and crossed his arms.
"Whatever, but you don't need all of those."
They got them anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's my first chapter of my first ATL fanfic!
Comment?
I have this story on LiveJournal as well.