The River People

Chapter three

Kyle lazily got out of bed and shuffled to the kitchen, hoping for something to fill his stomach. Once he got there here realized that there was no food accept bags of chips from various corner stores they stopped at on the way the the food-less cabin. "Fuck." He muttered. He walked around the quiet wooden house, hoping for someone else to be awake, but alas, no one was.
He decided to go out and fend for himself, and wrote this note, and stuck it on the fridge with a cheap magnet.

"Going to get food. Be back when I feel like I've got enough.
~Kyle
P.S. Austin, I took your wallet in quesadilla I need more $$$"

He got into their SUV and was off looking for someplace fairly close with at least some decent edible stuff.

----

"Looks like Kyle already has that taken care of." Alex and Jack had the same intentions of their peroxide blonde friend.
"But I want food NOW." Jack whisper shouted to Rian.
"Okay, okay."
"Yay!"

"Jack and I also went out for food. I took your wallet, Zack, for the same reasons as him.
~J&A"

Alex quickly jotted down a note as well, stuck it next to the previous one, ad drew an arrow from 'him' to the other note.
"Where are you two going?" They heard as they unlocked the door to leave. Jack and Alex turned around to see Oli and Christofer.
"Food, Kyle is out as well." Rian replied. "Want to come?"
"Read my mind." Oli started at the door.
"Wait, we gotta tell them where you guys are!" Jack went back into the empty kitchen and added "Oli & Christofer are coming, too." to the note chain and the fridge.
They got into the other car and started down the gravel road.
----
Kyle, luckily, didn't get lost because he's just that damn amazing. He got out of the car and adjusted the purple beanie on this head.
There was a small store not to far from where they were staying with enough to keep them going throughout their stay. He opened the door and a chime went off that rang as he opened it. It was just like any other small store, a ton of beer, wine, chips, and ice cream. Kyle located the counter and found a big man, about 60, sitting on a wooden stool staring at a small tv. "Excuse me?" The boy asked, getting the man's attention. "Is there any, like, food here?" He asked, sound very dumb.
"Well, of course there is, what are you looking for." It seemed like his mouth wasn't even moving, that his horse shoe mustache was doing the talking.
"Anything, maybe cereal, or bread, or ham." Or maybe not ham, he wouldn't trust the meat from this place.
"Well, we have a lot of that, son. The bread is right next to the lighters." He pointed in a general direction and Kyle followed where he directed.
"Thank you." He mumbled, and walked over to the small bread selection.
----
"I WANT CANDY!" Oli screamed, teaching Jack how to do it. He tried but failed. "You do it from your stomach, so you don't hurt your throat."
"I want candy!" He tried again. "It doesn't work, I'm just shouting."
"Yeah, you are. And It's giving me a fucking headache." Alex, the one driving, said.
"Sorry, Lexie." Jack pouted.
"What did you just call me?" Alex questioned, a little louder, with a tone.
Chris decided to join, "No one calls Lexypoo, Lexie." He smiled, but in return got a quick glare from Alex next to him.
"Oh, I'm sorry, Lexypoo." Jack said sarcastically. "Where are we even going?"
"We're getting food, but where." Christofer said.
"That's basically what I just said." Jack kicked the seat in front of him where his hippy friend was sitting.
"Oof! I don't know.,, maybe a food selling place?"
"No shit, Sherlock!"
Alex had enough, it was only just the morning, or afternoon, whatever you call it when you wake up around 3:00 P.M. "Well, we aren't getting anything if you two keep fighting. I for one, am hungry, so I would love it if it could just be a little quiter in here, I'd love you forever."
Jack just thought to be funny, "Once we get food, can I get candy?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So, from now on, I'm on a VERY long hiatus.