Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Hurdles

We sat and watched our old childhood favourite movie. Well, she watched it. I mostly watched her. I watched as she aimlessly pulled a strand of her red hair behind her ear. I watched as she laughed when they crashed the zamboni. God it felt good to hear her laugh again. We were comfortable we were just Sid and Kel, Kel and Sid.

I had gotten over the biggest hurdle, now it was time to work on the next one.

-----Fall 2005-----

I had been in Pittsburgh for two weeks. I was about to play my first game in the NHL, but I it just didn't feel right without Kelly. I groaned and rolled over on my bed, when I looked up I was face to face with my photo of me and her. Deep down I knew, but I told myself I would not let myself admit it until the day that I got to apologize for her. I would make it a priority, that as soon as she cracked the national team, I would explain everything. I prayed that she would work hard and make it sooner rather than later. My focus now was on the Penguins and starting my NHL career.

I wanted to tell her about everything and I decided that I needed to write it down. I would write down whenever I wanted to call her or whenever something happened or whenever I thought about her. Starting here, starting now. I grabbed my notebook out of my drawer.

October 1, 2005

I miss you Kel, it's not the same without you. I'm sorry. I'm nervous for the next week's game.

----------

"Do you want to watch the third one Kel?" She didn't answer me. "Kelly, hey, do you want to watch the next one?" I leaned down to realize that she had fallen asleep. How could she sleep sitting up? I quietly slid off the couch, and leaned in front of her. I couldn't bare to wake her up, she was beautiful. I had always thought she was beautiful, but now she was especially beautiful. Sleeping and peaceful. I gently picked her up and put her on the couch. I grabbed the blanket off the back of the and laid it on her. I leaned down and kissed the top of her head before turning off the TV and walking into her kitchen were I scribbled a note on her fridge whiteboard.

"Late lunch after practice? Meet me at the Hyatt. Room 2406."

I grabbed my shoes and slipped on the jacket before quietly closing the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case you hadn't figured it out the whole reason behind the repatative "Sid and Kel, Kel and Sid" thing and other things you might notice is just to show how these two are thinking and feeling the same things. They are totally in sync without even knowing it. Oh, I can't stop writing this story! The ideas are coming and most inconvenient times though!! Stay tuned to find out what happens next!