Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Waiting

I paced all over my hotel room while I waited for her. She had been back in my life for not even twenty four hours and already I knew I was a goner. I had sat up half the night last night realizing it, keeping the promise I had made to myself when I left her in the first place. I waited until yesterday to say it out loud, finally letting it sink in. Now, I was nervous. As I waited for her to arrive all I could think about was the million and one things I wanted to tell her.

-----June 13 2009-----

We did it! I can't even tell you how I feel right now. I don't think I even need to tell you how I feel, I have a feeling that you already know. When I walked to the bench and saw the looks on Taylor and my parent's faces I nearly lost it. The only thing missing was you. I wish you were here. I miss you.

----------

I looked down at my watch, realizing it was only eleven thirty. I knew that I couldn't just stand here and wait for her. I grabbed runners and decided to go for a run, I hated running but I thought this would be best way to distract myself. Summer in Calgary, it didn't last long but when it was around it was hot, and luckily for me I arrived in the middle of a heat wave. I ran along the river walk and didn't stop until I had done the whole loop. I walked the last bit back to the hotel was handed a towel and a bottle of water as I walked back into the lobby.

I got back to my room and hopped in the shower, letting myself get lost in my thoughts.

-----Winter 2003-----

I had been home for all of two hours before she arrived at my doorstep, stick and skates in hand. I hadn't seen her since I left in September and my breath caught when I saw her. It wasn't that she had changed, she looked the same as she had when I left, but it was just different. Something had changed while I was away. The way I always thought about her and the way I smiled when I looked at her photo, that never used to happen. We had been seperated before, when I left to play in Minnesota I didn't see her for nearly a year, with the exception of Christmas and Spring Break. I wish I could explain this new feeling.

"Are you ready Crosby? I've been practicing a new move and I want to try it out on you."

"Nice to see you too Kel, you know I haven't even had time to see my sister? She's not home from school yet."

"Perfect, we'll play until she gets home and then you can hang out with her. Your'e dad has set up the rink hasn't he?" She smiled at me and batted her lashes.

"Yes he has, and fine, twist my rubber arm, we're going to go play hockey." I grabbed my gear from the basement and met her outside. We messed around playing one on one and she was getting pissed. I loved the way her face went red and her nose crinkled when she got angry, so I kept making her mad.

"Come on Kel, you gotta push yourself." I said as she tried to defend against me.

"I'm trying Sid! Shit. I'm so frustrated!"

"You know I'm not going to let up on you because if I do you'll hit me." I laughed as I pushed the puck out from between her legs and took off. I thought I had it under control but the puck was suddently poke checked off my stick from behind. When I looked up I saw Kelly skating ahead of me. She took control of the puck and flipped it easily into the net. She jumped up and down with delight and I came behind her and threw my arms around her. "Way to go Kelly! Nice goal! I'm just not happy it was against me. If you use that move during try outs you'll make the team for sure." I nudged her and she lost her balance and fell over, taking me down with her. When we landed I was on top of her, my face inches from hers. I locked eyes with her, as I felt butterflies in my stomach. This was new. She broke the gaze and moved her head to the side.

"Get off me Crosby! You're freakin' heavy!" She laughed as she pushed me off of her. She got up before me and shoveled the puck out of the net, taking it back to the face off circle.

----------

I stepped out of the shower and wiped the mirror clean. Grabbing my toothbrush I began to feverishly brush my teeth. I walked over the closet and stood in front of it, trying to figure out what to wear. I figured Jeans and a t-shirt would suffice and I was in the middle of putting gel in my hair when there was a knock at the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Salut to my lovely readers. You guys sure are a quiet bunch, no one comments. :) hint hint.
On another note though, Sid is totally head over heals for Kelly in case you havent' figured that out yet and I can't wait for you guys to see where it's going to go!

To all of you who have commented, and recommended and subscribed, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of my Crosby loving heart. And if you haven't subscribed or recommended yet, could you pretty please hit that little button on the top of your screen??

Stay tuned, more updates coming soon!