Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Practice

"Do you want me to go? Or can I stay and watch?" I grabbed Kelly's hand and pushed the elevator call button.
"Um, well, I guess it would be okay if you stay. Maybe just kinda keep a low profile? God only knows what would happen if people knew you were there watching them. The girls would probably come out with faces full of makeup to try and impress you." She giggled as she put her arms around my waist and leaned into me while the elevetor descended towards the lobby. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kissed her temple.
"Don't worry about them, I'm only there to watch you. Oh, and I have I surprise for you later tonight too." She raised her eyebrows at me.
"Surprise?"
"Yup."
"Any hints?"
"Nope."
"I figured as much. You better hope I have the energy to do anything tonight, the way coach has been working us I will be lucky if I can walk after."
"We can take a nap after practice. I'm really good at taking naps." I opened the car door for her.
"Thank you." She replied as she pulled on her seatbelt and I closed the door. I skipped around the car to the drivers side and joined her in the car.

I found a spot in the parking lot at COP and turned the engine off. I think I'll wait here for a few minutes before I go in. I'll let you go in alone. Sound good?"

She leaned over to kiss me, playing with the tufts of hair on my neck. "Sounds perfect. It'll meet you here after practice. Do you have your phone?"

"If course."

"Good. I'll text you when the coast is clear and you can come in."

"Sounds good." I leaned over kiss her again. Pulling her off her seat and and giving her behind a squeeze. She moaned before pulling away.

"If you make me late Sid youll have a lot of explaining to do to coach."

"Okay go." I mumbled. I watched her get out of the car and walk towards the rink. A view I would never get sick of. I turned the radio on and reclined my seat while I waited for the okay to go inside.

-----February 2008-----

The arena was filled so it was easy for me to blend in. We had an uncommon off night while we were on the road so I took the opportunity to go and see her play. Much to the chagrin of max and flower, they weren't really into the CWHL and couldn't figure out why I would want to spend my night watching a team I didn't even know.

I got a seat in the lower bowl and waited for her to come onto the ice. As soon as the teams lined up on the blue line and took their helmets off for the national anthem I saw her. Her red hair tied back in a messy ponytail and a head band kept the stray hairs out of her eyes. She closed her eyes and rocked back
And forth as the anthem was sang. I could see her mouthing the words and started to sing along with her.

I was mesmorized by the way she played. She had always been good, but now she was very good. I could see that her intensity and focus was back and deep down, I knew I had made the right decision. Her game was gritty and fast and she walked away after the game with eight penalty minutes and an assist.

When the horn blew to end the game she looked up into the stands, and right at me. I looked away and lowered my hat before vacating my seat.

----------

My phone buzzed and smiled when I saw it was a message from Kelly.

Kel: coast clear.

I opened the car door and walked towards the entrance of the rink. I prayed that I could find a quiet spot to watch and not be noticed.

I found just the place in the unlit hallway of the zamboni entrance. I watched from the shadows as the team worked on speed drills and power play set up. I didn't even realise how much time had passed until coach blew the whistle. I was I absorbed in watching the team.

After everyone vacated the ice I walked towards the exit but stopped when my phone went off.

Kel: so much for a low profile. I think the whole city knows you are here. I'll meet you at the car in five minutes.

Shit. I didn't even notice anyone look at me.

Sid: sorry baby, I thought I was hidden. Hope you survived :)

I hit send as I exited the building and went to start the car. I wasn't sure if we would need a quick get away or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my lovely readers. Short weekend real but now I'm back at it. I hope you enjoy a and hey, we are only 1 Rec away from 10!!! Thanks to everyone oh has commented and subscribed and recommended. Much love as always. Another update coming soon! Xoxo