Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Stay Here

I opened my eyes to see a stream of light coming from the window and covering the bed, I wasn't sure how long we had been asleep. I looked over at Sid, his lips were parted and he was breathing, slow and steady. I reached over and wrapped my arm around him, taking in his scent. I played with his hair before tugging playfully on his ear to wake him up. “Ouch, what was that for?” He said sleepily rolling over to face me.

“Don’t be a baby, you know it didn’t hurt.” I teased. “I’m going to take a shower and then you are going to tell me what my surprise is.” I saw him look over at the clock, it was four fifteen in the afternoon.

“You can go take your shower, but I’m not telling you what the plan is. We’ve only got an hour so don’t take too long.” He was sitting up now, his legs flung over the side.

“Right Crosby, you take twice as long as me to get ready. I’ll be good to go in twenty minutes.” I walked over and kissed his nose before heading into the bathroom.

-----November 2003

“When is your next game in Halifax?” I asked in between bites of my chicken and pasta, a staple on every game day. Sid and I didn’t get much time to talk, especially with our game schedules, but I made sure to take five minutes and call him before his game.

“Um, I think at the beginning of December. I’ll make sure to get you guys tickets. Taylor likes it better when you’re at the games. So she says. I think she’d secretly rather hang out with you than watch me play.”

“She’s six Sid, of course she’d rather hang out with me.” I heard him laugh on the other end of the phone.

“Sure, sure. Anyways, I get going. We’re leaving the hotel in twenty minutes. Play hard tonight okay?”

“You too Sid. Email me something in the next few days. I’ll try and catch you on messenger when I get home tonight.”

“Sounds good, bye Kel.”

“Bye Sid.”
--

When I got out of the shower he was standing in my bedroom, wearing nothing but his boxers. I felt my breath catch instantly as I took in the sight. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him. “I hope you are going to wear that tonight.” I raised my eyes at him and batted my eyelashes more than obviously.

“You’d like that wouldn’t you. Unfortunately I can’t wear this for where we are going, maybe when we get home.” He kissed my forehead before sauntering off to the bathroom to get ready. I huffed as I walked towards my closet. I had no idea what we were doing so I didn’t have a clue as to what I should wear. I decided on a pair of jeans and a v-neck shirt. I grabbed a pair of socks from my dresser and went to put them on when I realized that he had made my bed. It made me laugh, he used to be as messy as me. Living on his own for so long must have changed that. That, or he had a cleaning lady. I made a mental note to ask him that, remembering that I had missed a bit chunk of his life.

I was just in the middle of lining my eyelid when I saw him behind me in the mirror. “Don’t stare, you’re making me nervous and I’ll mess it up.”

“Sorry, I can’t help it.” I saw him blush as he turned and grabbed his clothes off the chair. “I’m going to have to stop at the hotel and grab some more clothes later.”

I pumped my mascara bottle and smiled at him. “You could just check out.”

“Do you want that?” He asked cautiously.

“I do if you do. It’s not like you’re spending at time there anyways. I mean, unless you think we’re rushing it or something. Then, then, you can forget that I just said that.” I was trying to backtrack and was becoming more and more flustered.

“You’re cute when you’re nervous. Are you trying to back out of your offer?”

I turned back to the mirror and started to apply my mascara.. “Nervous? What makes you think I’m nervous? And no, I am not backing out of my offer.” He came up to me and put his finger on my lips, before removing the mascara from my hand.

Turning me so I was facing him he took a breath. “Because you are blubbering away like a fool. I’d much rather be here with you than at the hotel.” He leaned down and kissed me, putting the mascara back on the dresser. “And you don’t need this, you’re just as beautiful without it.” I felt my knees become weak. Thank you Sidney Crosby for making me melt into a pile of mush. I reached behind me and picked it up.

“I need to finish the look, otherwise it’ll just look awkward. Sit tight and I’ll be ready to go in five minutes.” He groaned in frustration as he pried himself away from me.

“You have five minutes.” He walked behind and swatted my butt before going to the living room and grabbing his shoes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been trying to write about what the surprise is for the last three chapters and it just keeps getting away from me. So the next chapter it will happen, I promise. As for the whole having Sid stay with her....it seems fast but they have been waiting forever for it too, so it doesn't really seem too fast to me.

Anywho, we're up to 11 recs now! WOOHOO! Let's try to get it to the 15 marc before Friday!

Much love as always to everyone who takes the time to read and comment and rec! xoxo