Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

I Just Called....To say....I've been Hazed.

Once Kelly left I jumped back into bed and turned on Sports Centre. I grabbed my phone from the night stand and called Pat since we hadn’t spoken in a week or so and he was probably wondering where I had wandered off to. It went to his voicemail and I left a quick message.

“Hey, it’s me. Just calling to see if you have anything scheduled for me in the next month or so. Call me back. Bye”

I laid back on the bed tried to convince myself to get up. I had stuff I needed to do, but the bed and her apartment were becoming more and more comfortable each day.

-----January 2004-----

I stood in the lobby, completely mortified. I was used to hazing and practical jokes, but this one topped them all. “I’m going to fucking kill them.” I swore to myself. I hopped over to the bellman that was standing by the entrance and asked him to help me out. He undid the tape on the mattress and then gave me a key card to get back up to my room. I could still hear them laughing from down the hall, and as I approached the room I was more and more angry. I stormed through the door, grabbed a hoodie and a pair of sweats, along with my cell phone and slammed the door shut as I walked towards the stairwell. I didn’t even know what time it was back home. I knew I would probably wake her up, but if she didn’t calm me down, then I was going to be a complete mental case for the next few days. I pressed one on my speed dial and waited for her to pick up, praying that I wouldn’t wake up her parents. She picked up on the second ring, thank god.

“Hello?” She said sleepily into the phone.

“Hey Kel.”

“If you’re not lying in a ditch somewhere and are waking me up just to chat I’m going to kill you. I have a five am practice tomorrow.”

“Um yeah. I just needed to vent. Fucking Getz and Tamby. They jumped me after taking my shower!”

“Pardon me? What you guys do in the privacy of your hotel rooms, isn’t any of my business.”

“No, it’s not like that. I was wearing my boxers, and when I went to get my clothes they jumped me. Getz wrestled me down to the ground and then Tamby rolled me up in my mattress. They duct taped it and then rolled me down the hall, in front of the whole team. Then they threw me in elevator and it stopped at the lobby. I had no key to get back and I was nearly naked in the lobby! I’m so furious!”

“Furious about what Sid? Did you get hurt?”

“Well, um, no. But it was embarrassing and I was cold. Helsinki is freaking freezing!”

“Okay, so you’re mad that at the age of sixteen you are in Helsinki playing for Team Canada at the World Juniors and your teammates hazed you? You’ve been hazed before. They were just having fun. I can’t believe you called me at two in the morning to whine about this. Just go out and score a goal or something to prove yourself and you’ll be fine.” He voice was dull and I could tell she wasn’t impressed with the early morning call.

“Fine Kel, whatever. Thanks for nothing.” I pressed end and hung up on her.

The next day I became the youngest player to ever score a goal at the World Juniors.

---------

I smiled at that memory. She was so mad, but she had somehow managed to make get my brain back on hockey and less on being mad at my teammates. Looking back now, that is one of best hazings that has ever happened. Getz and Tamby are epic in my books for life.

I rolled out of bed, brushed my teeth, and threw my head under the sink to wet my hair. My bed head had always been terrible; I grabbed my keys and headed to the hotel to check out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So if you have read like a dream the whole Helsinki hazing was in that story too but I just laugh every time I think about it. Lol. Hope u enjoy and much love as always to those who comment rec and subscribe!