Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Celebrity

Unlacing my skates I looked over at Andrea. She had a smile on her face all morning and every time I looked at her she just laughed. I figured it was because she was going to get to meet Sid tonight. "Are you alright? You haven't stopped smiling all day."

"Yeah, I'm still trying to grasp the fact that I get to go to dinner tonight with Sidney Crosby!"

"Shh, keep your voice down." I teased. "Unless you want the whole team to show up to dinner."

"Sorry!" She giggled, throwing her skates into her bag. "What time should I be ready?"

"We'll pick you up at six."

"I can't wait!"

*********

As soon as the elevator door opened up onto my floro I could hear it. Oh God, please don't tell me he found my Justin Beiber CD. The music was blaring out of my sound system and I was more worried that I would get a noise complaint over the choice of music rather than the volume. I turned the door handle and quietly peeked my head inside. The immediately broke out into a silent fit of laughter as I watched my boyfriend dance around the room, bare chested and in a pair of black dress pants. He reminded me of Hugh Grant in Love Actually. He was completely oblivious to the fact that I was watching him. He was just giving 'er, to Justin Beiber. Finally I couldn't contain it anymore; when the song was over I began to clap my hands. I shut the door behind me continued to laugh as Sid stood there, turning a nice shade of rouge at being caught in the act.

"Nice moves. I didn't know you were a Beileber."

"I didn't know you were one either. Why do you have his CD?"

"It was a freebee that we got at a tournament a couple years ago." I saw him look a little upset and realized that he actually like this guys music. "What? You really like him don't you? Aww, I have my own Beileber. How cute."

"No I don't." He lied "And anways, even if I did, there is nothing wrong with it. He's a nice guy and a big hockey fan. If you ever want to meet him I can hook you up."

"What? You are guys are BFF's now or something? Do you have his cell number?"

"As a mater of fact I do." He pulled out his phone and scrolled through the contacts to show me.

"Impressive Crosby. Who else do you have in there?" I grabbed the phone from him and jumped onto the couch. He tried to crab it from me so I got up and ran into the bathroom, swiftly locking the door behind me.

"Come on Kel, there are some private things on there!"

"I'm pretty sure I've seen all your private things!" I teased as I scrolled through his contacts. "Hmm...you're friends with Vince Vaughn? What the hell!?"

"Only problem is he's a Hawks fan. But his wife is from Calgary so we met at the Olympics. Are you going to open the door?" I heard the slide down and sit on the floor on the other side. I stuck my fingers under the door and poiked him in the ass.

"Not yet!" I laughed as he tried to grab my fingers under the door. "Oh, Micahel Buble? Now that's someone I'd like you hook me up with. Him or Don Cherry. I'll take either." I closed his phone and opened the door. "You sure have quite the collection of Rich and Famous friends." I handed him his phone and started the shower.

-----Fall 2000-----

We stood in line for what felt like hours; both us holding our various hockey cards and jersey's.

"I can't believe we're going to met Wayne Gretzky!" I squealed, shuffling my feet forward in the line.

"I know. This is the coolest thing I've ever gotten to do! I hope he's nice."

"Yeah, me too. Do you think he's going to sign all our stuff?"

"I hope so!"

The line moved slowly and I could finally see him. I handed Sid my camera and told him to get it ready. When we finally approached him he was so nice that not only did he sign all our stuff but he also took pictures with us. One of me and him, one of Sid and him, and one of the three of us. I still had that picture, it was one of my favs.

"That was the coolest thing ever" Sid said as we waited outside the mall for his mom to pick us up.

"I know. Maybe one day we'll get to meet him again!"

----------

I stood in front of my closet, trying to decide what to wear. I decided on a red halter top and skinny jeans. I wasn't sure how fancy I should go, so this was dressy enough but not over the top. I just hoped Andrea wouldn't show up in a ballgown or anything. I decided to text her just be sure.

Kel: Don't dress up too much. I'm wearing jeans.

Sid came into the room a minute later with a glass of wine. He handed it to me and kissed my neck as I did my hair. "You look lovely." He whispered; I felt goosebumps rise on my arms.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." I kissed his cheek before turning on the blowdryer.

A finished my hair, straightening it and leaving it down. I gave myself one last glance in the mirror and decided that I looked good enough to go out.

"Alright, I'm ready." I walked into the living room and did a twirl for Sid as he whistled in approval. "Oh, and Andrea is really excited and really nervous to hang out with you, so don't make her pass out or anything okay and I'm sorry if she fan girls you too. She's as excited for tonight as we were when we met Wayne Gretzky. I saw a smile cross his face as her recalled the memory.

"I promise to just be me. How does that sound?"

"Perfect. Now let's go get her before she thinks we stood her up." I grabbed my purse and opened the apartment door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much to say except that I would love to see Sid dancing to Beiber. bahahaha, this one came straight from the photo that was on the internet not too long ago of him with two girls at a Beiber concert.

Anywho, thanks to all who read, recommend, and subscribe, as always. xoxox