Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Longest flight ever

I hadn't even boarded my flight yet and already I missed her. I waited for them to start boarding before I sent her a message

Sid: Boarding now. Have a good flight. I love u

I hit send and sat back in my chair as the flight attendant offered me something to drink. Usually when I flew I had my PSP and Flower to distract me and I always felt uneasy flying when I was out of my routine. I smiled when my phone buzzed.

Kel: love u more x

I turned my phone off as we taxied down down the Tarmac and tried to relax. With the exception of the flight to Calgary, this was going to be the longest flight ever.

-----Summer 2005-----

Jack had just arrived to train with me for the summer and I couldn't wait to introduce him to Kelly. When he found out that I had sent her my Championship ring he nearly burst a gasket. "You did what!?" was all he said before he strung together some offensive curse words and told me I was retarded for giving it away. I knew it was the right decision, there was no other person who I wanted to have it if I couldn't have it for myself. I knew she would keep it safe.

"So, when do I get to meet the famous Kelly?" He asked as we stood on the side of the pool getting ready for our morning cross train. Swimming, running, and biking all before lunch.

"You'll get to meet her soon, maybe tonight if she doesn't have plans."

"If she doesn't have plans? You mean you haven't even let her know you're back yet?"

I jumped into the pool and submerged myself into the cool water. When I surfaced, I ran my hand through my hair to keep it out of my eyes and looked at Jack. "She knows I'm back, but she also knows my schedule is crazy with training. If it makes you feel better I'll call her before we go for our run."

"Good, you better!" He laughed before cannon balling into the pool.

----------

I was startled awake by the passenger beside me who was trying to climb over me to get to the washroom. I wiped my eyes and looked at my watch. Seriously? Only an hour had passed? I turned on the tv that was in front of me to see if there was anything worth watching. I'd seen most of the movies and wasn't in the mood for anything serious. I selected the Big Bang Theory and plugged in my ear buds. It was nice to be able to watch something mindless and just laugh, it made the time go by faster.

As soon as I got off the plane I could smell that I was home. There was something about the air in Halifax that was different from anywhere I'd ever been. I texted Kelly to let her know that I made it home, although I knew she was still on the plane. I pulled my hat down and headed towards the baggage claim and was able to grab my bags without being noticed. Heading towards the pickup area outside where I knew my dad would be waiting, I was bodychecked by a red hoodie and blonde hair. I smiled immediately and wrapped my arms around her. "Hey Tay!"

"Hey Sid! Welcome home!" She grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the door.

"Missed you too. What's new? What have I missed out on?" I asked

"Nothing, doing the same old same old. Mom will not stop talking about the fact that Kelly actually forgave you. Seriously, she is one cool chick for doing that."

"Trust me. I know." I smiled and opened the car door for her. "Hey dad. Where's mom?"

"Fussing over your homecoming, as always. She's making lunch."

"Perfect, because I'm hungry." I climbed into the passenger seat and sat back. Breathing a sigh of relief that I was home, I had Kelly, and life was perfect. The only thing that could make this moment better would be having her here, but that would come soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you guys! I'm back! Sorry it's been so long, I just hadn't really been motivated to write. Hope you like the update!! PLEASE let me know what ya think!! Much love as always!!