Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

FaceTime

Finding stuff to do to make my day go he faster wasn't as easy as I thought. I tried early morning fishing but found that I would just stand on the dock and think about the summers that Kelly and I went fishing together.

-----July 2003-----

"First one to catch a fish has to cook it for the other." She laughed and held her hand out for me to shake.

"Deal." I agreed. "Although you know you're going to lose right? You're using the wrong bait."

"I wouldn't be so cocky Crosby, I might just have something up my sleeve." She winked at me.

"Well we'll see about that then won't we?" I slammed my tackle box on the dock and hastily opened it, looking for my favourite lure. I looked up to see Kelly pulling a ziplock bag out of her backpack. She was humming as she tore a piece of bread and stuck it through her hook. She effortlessly cast her line into the green waters of the lake and I tried to focused on setting my line up and moved over to join her. I smiled at her as I let the line go and prayed I would catch something first.

It took only a few minutes before her hand jerked and a smile spread across her face as she started to reel in her catch. "See Sid, you gotta use bread." I smiled at her as I shook my head. Once again, I had lost a bet to my best friend.

----------

My phone started ringing and when I looked down at I felt a small pang in my heart when I saw it was Taylor and not Kelly.
"Hey Tay. Whats up?"
"Just checking in on my love sick big brother." She giggled.
"God Taylor, I'm not love sick. Did you call just to make fun of me?"
"Nah, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out. Maybe take the boat or the jet skis out? You know, some quality time."
I scratched my head as I walked up the dock towards the house. "Yeah I guess that would be fun. Come on over. I'll make you breakfast."
"Sweet see ya in twenty minutes."

Taylor and I took the jet skis out before lunch but I found that as much as I adored spending time with my sister, I couldn't get my mind off of Kelly. "I'll race ya!" I heard Taylor announce as she reved her jet ski and took off towards the shore, leaving me in her wake. "Not much of race when you cheat!" I yelled back at her, even though I knew there was no way she would have heard me over the roar of the engine. As I approached the dock I could hear her laughing. "So Sid, how does it feel to lose to your baby sister?" She glanced at me and tied up her ski.
"Losing doesn't bother me as much as your cheating." I launched myself at her and grabbed her around her waist. Holding her arms behind her back and she tried mercilessly to escape. "Come on Sid! Let me go!"
"Oh no you don't. You're not getting off that easily. Say it." I moved her towards the edge of the dock
"Say what?" She laughed
"Say 'I am a cheater'."
"If I do will you let me go?" She was trying her best to wiggle out of my grip.
"Scouts honour"
She sighed. "Fine. I admit it. I'm a cheater."
A smile crept across my face as I let go of her hands, picked her up,and threw her into the lake. She screamed as she hit the water. "Oh that's it Sid! You're so gonna pay for that one! "
"I'd like to see you try!" I laughed as I started running towards my house. I knew I was going to be in big trouble.

I slammed the patio door and locked before I stripped off my life jacket and headed towards the fridge, leaving a trail of wet foot prints on the tile as I grabbed some juice. Taking the carton and drinking straight from it I let the cold liquid coat my throat. I nearly jumped when I heard my phone going off. I put the juice carton on the counter and raced to the coffee table to answer it. I slid my finger across the screen to accept the call and waited for the wifi to connect. As soon as I saw her face on the screen my heart starting racing. "Hey baby! How's Zurich?" I picked up my phone and took it back. into the kitchen.
She smiled back at me. "Hey. It's great. I feel like I haven't had time to sit down since I got here."
"Good, it will make the time go by faster. You won't have time to miss me." I pouted.
"I missed you the moment you walked into the security line." She smiled. "You look extra hot when you're hair is all wet like that. What have you been doing?"
"Just got back from the lake." I saw her smile and wink at me and by the time I realized what was going on it was too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks everyone for your patience. Any predictions on what is going to happen??? Hope you enjoyed it and I already know how the next chapter is going to go so I hope you stay tuned. Shouldn't be too long until an update!