Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Do You Trust Me?

I showered as fast as I could, trying to scrape the batter out of my hair. Stupid Taylor, I can't believe I didn't lock the garage door. I chuckled though, I couldn't ask for a better sister. I jumped out and quickly towel dried my hair with one hand, grabbing a pair of shorts with the other. I grabbed my phone and dialed Kelly's number. It only took two rings before the call connected and I saw her face again. "Wow that was quick!" She smiled at me.
"What can I say? I'm a man of my word." I smiled, jumping onto my bed and settling with my head at the end and my feet on the headboard."
"So how mad at your sister are you?"
"Nah, I can't really stay mad at her. She's probably downstairs raiding my fridge and eating all my leftovers. Seriously, that girl eats more than Geno and Staalsy put together. I don't know how she doesn't weigh four hundred pounds."
Kelly laughed "Um excuse me but she's an athlete, as am I, and I'm pretty sure I could eat you under the table. Be careful what you say Mr. Crosby."
I pulled my phone close to my and winked at her. "Is that a threat?" I teased.
"You'll have to wait until I get home to find out?" She licked her lips and started laughing. She stopped abrubtly and got up from her bed, taking me along with her. "Someone's a the door, hold on." She made her way across her hotel room and I could tell she had stopped at the door. "Ah, shit." She whispered, walking back towards the other side of the room.
"Who is it?" I asked
"It's Kevin, our trainer." She brought the phone back up to her face and I could see she was taking a deep breathe. "Do you trust me?"
"Of course, but should I be worried?" The last time she asked me if I trusted her I ended up with six stitches to the back of my head.

*****Summer 2004*****

"PUSSY!" Kelly screamed at me from the water. "Just do it Sid!"
"Right, just do it." I mumbled to myself, trying to pump myself up.
"Come on Crosby, trust me. It's easy. Do you want me to show you how to do it again?" She started to swim towards the dock, resting her arms on the side.
"Fine, if it's so easy, show me how to do it again." She pulled herself up onto the dock and I watched as the water dripped down her chest and over her stomach. With a smile on her face she walked passed me and settled on the side of the dock. She reached her ams behind her back and launched herself off, perfoming a pefect backflip and landing with a splash into the lake. When she surfaced she spit water at me and laughed. "Like I said, piece of cake. You're turn." I took another deep breath, and I could tell she sensed my hesitancy. "It's okay Sid. Trust me." She promised. Before I could changed my mind I got up, stood on the side of the dock and launched myself backwards off the dock. It was the last thing I remembered before waking up in the ER.

**********

"Not really, but just promise me you won't overreact."
"I promise."
"Good, now don't say anything until I shut the door." She stuffed her phone into the back pocket of her jeans and I was left staring a black screen, hoping that I wouldn't regret my decision to just trust her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys, I know it's short....and it's been a LONG time, but Life has been so busy I've hardly had the time to sit down and write. good stuff is coming up so please be patient with me and stick with me....