Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

I'm Sorry

I saw her pull into the parking lot of her building. I couldn't help it, I needed her to hear me out. It was making her listen that would be hard. She got out of her car, opened the trunk and grabbed her gear. I saw her brush a strand of hair back from her face. She had been doing that since we were kids, she was nervous. She had obviously seen me. Alright Sid, it's now or never, I said to myself as I opened the car door.

-----Winter 1995-----

"Come on Kelly, you should come and play. We really need another player." I begged her to come and play shinny with us, but she scared. She was scared of what my friends would say. "I promise if anyone says anything to you that isn't nice I'll drop my gloves for you."
"Alright, but I have to ask my dad." She finally gave in, yes! A few minutes later she came back with a smile on her face. "Dad said if your parents can drive me, he will come pick me up in a couple hours."
"Awesome!" I squealed as I put my hand up for high five. "You're going to show them how much you can kick their butts!" She laughed as we walked out to the parking lot to meet my dad.

---------

That was the first time I ever heard Kelly laugh. It was my favourite sound in the world, not even the sound of the goal horn made me as happy her laugh. Not even my national anthem being played made my heart as happy as her laugh. I was such a fool for pushing her away, even if it was for her own good.

----------
"Sidney, I can't believe you brought a girl! Girl's can't play!" I turned and looked at her, she swept a piece of hair behind her ear as she looked down at the ice.
"Shut up. I wouldn't have asked her to play if she couldn't! Shut up or I'll make you! Now let's drop the puck. Kelly will be on my team since you guys are just stupid!" I went over and grabbed her hand, leading her over for the face off. I won the face off and passed it over to Adam who was my winger. He skated it up the ice and then passed it back to me. Kelly had her hands full with Chris but she held her ground and I was able to get around him thanks to her, and sink it behind Melvin. Perfect team work. If she played like this all the time she could be on my team forever. I jumped up and down and Kelly came over to high five me.
"Nice goal Sidney!" She smiled and then skated over to the home made face off circle.
---------

As I was walking over to her I nearly chickened out and turned around. But when she looked at me, I knew I had to do this. I had to do this now. I had missed her more than anything in the world, and I'm not sure how I managed to survive the last five years. I became a robot, slave to my habits and I emersed myself in hockey. Doing everything in my power to forget about her. Not even being on different sides of the continent helped.
"Hey." I whispered as I got close to her. She didn't answer me, she slammed her trunk and turned towards her building. "Kelly! Please! I need to talk to you. I need to explain! Please!" I was begging. She turned and looked towards me, not making eye contact and never stopping as she pulled her keys out of her bag.
"You have three minutes Crosby. Starting now." She looked down at her watch.
"Kelly, please. Will you just stop?"
"I can't stand still Sid, if I do I might punch you."
"So punch me Kelly, if that is really what you want to do. I know I deserve it." She stopped when she heard my words, dropping her bag as strided swiftly over to me and laid the hardest punch I had ever been given into my stomach. I wrapped my arms around myself as I fell to the ground. She had knocked the wind out of me and as I tried to catch my breath I looked up into the eyes that I had missed for so long.
"Good shot." I whimpered as I tried to even my breathing and catch my breath.
"I've been waiting five years to do that Sid. You're three minutes are up. When you catch your breath I'd like you to leave. I'm sorry I hurt you." She said as she opened the door to her building and went inside. Leaving me keeled over on the ground. This was going to be way harder than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kelly's pissed. I love it! lol. I love those of you who comment and recommend the story. I just wish I knew who all my readers were so I could say THANK you!