Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Emotions

I didn't care what she thought, I was getting on a plane. I knew that she wouldn't end it, they were all empty threats. I grabbed my laptop and started surfing for airfare. It didn't take long before I had found a direct flight out of Toronto that night and was packing my bag before I had hit confirm on the reservation. Stuffing my passport into my duffle bag I was packed and ready to go within twenty minutes.

I climbed into my car and before leaving the driveway I called my mom to let her know what was up. I knew if I called my dad he would jump to conclusions and tell me I wasn't thinking straight. My mom though, she would understand. She picked up on the second ring. "Hey Mom."
"Hey Sweetie whats up?"
"Some creepy douche bag trainer is giving Kelly a hard time. I'm gonna go and see her, make sure she's okay."
"Oh no. What happened?" She asked.
"I can't really get into details right now, I just wanted to let you know I'll be out of town for a few days. Can you ask Tay to watch Sam?"
"Sure, just don't do anything you might regret later. I know how much you care about Kelly, just make sure you're going for the right reasons.
"I more than care for her mom, I'm in love with her. I have to do this. I'll call when I land okay?"
"Sounds good. Be careful Sid. I love you."
"I love you too mom." I hit end and pulled out of my driveway. If I was going to make my flight out of Halifax I would have to speed, and pray I didn't get caught.

I made it to the airport in record time. I pulled up to departures and tossed my keys to the valet, Duke was working, the same valet attendent that I had been using for years. "Good evening Mr. Crosby. In a bit of a rush are we?"

"Yes Sir, I'm sorry I can't stay and chat. Take her to the usual spot, I should be back in a few days." I handed him a folded up bill and smiled as I entered the building. I hustled towards the check in kiosk and was thankful that there were no lineups. I printed my luggage tag and dropped it on the belt before heading for security. My luck had run out and the line was long, and slow. I always had to get into the line that had the family travelling and took forever to proceed. I was bouncing back and forth, craning my neck to try see how much longer it would take. Glancing down at my watch I realized that my flight would be boarding in ten minutes. Travelling like this, in such a hurry, made me nervous.

*****May 2003*****

"What's this?" I asked. Kelly had shoved an envelope into my face and was so excited she could barely speak.

"Early. Birthday. Present." She managed to say between her excitement. "Open it. NOW. Or we will be late!"

I peeled back the flap on the envelope to see two tickets to Three Days Grace. A smile crept across my face. My favourite band was going to be in town in a few days I was bummed that I couldn't get tickets. I grabbed my best friend and pulled her into a monster hug, taking in her warmth and feeling nothing but pure adoration for her. She always knew how to make me smile. "Wow Kelly. This is amazing. What's the rush though? They won't be here until Friday."

"No you idiot!! Look! Look at the tickets. And you're wasting time, so hurry up!" She was speaking a thousand words a minute. I finally looked down at the tickets to see that they were playing in Montreal. That same day. "What?" I looked up at her.

"No questions, go pack your bag. Your dad is waiting. Our flight leaves in two hours!" She squealed.

I stood there in shock, just staring at her. "Oh my God, snap out of it Crosby!" She burst through the door of my bedroom and, grabbing my backpack started throwing random items of clothing into it. Two minutes later she came out, a triumphant smile on her face. "Done. Now let's hit the road." She smacked the back of my head before walking out the front door. I followed sheepishly behind her, trying to take in what had just happened. I climbed into the back of my dad's truck and didn't say a word until we were at the airport.

"Alright guys, I know you two are seasoned travellers, no need for me to wait with you. Go and have fun." My dad slapped my back as we helped grab my bag.

"Thanks dad." I mumbled.

"Call when you get to the hotel and have fun!"

"Okay." I waved to him and followed Kelly into the airport.

We ran to the check in counter and by the time we got to security we were tight on time. The feeling of anxiety was one that measured my pre game playoff nerves. We stood there anxiously waiting to pass through the line. As we put our shoes and bags into the bins, I had finally been able to speak. "How on Earth did you manage all this?" I asked. She grinned a cheshire cat grin.

"The tickets were the hardest part. But I was able to get them last minute. I used my mom's airmiles for the flight. So you can thank her when we get back, and your parents decided that we must have two seperate hotel rooms, so they decided to pay for them." She walked through the metal detector and immediately it started going off.

"Do you have any idea how amazing you are?" I was being sincere, no one had ever done anything like this for me.

"Oh, I know" She teased.

By the time we made it through security. (About twenty minutes after Kelly had to remove all her jewlery and her belt and shoes) our flight was on final boarding. I wasn't able to relax until I was on that plane. As much as it was an amazing surprise, I hated surprises. They threw me off of my routine.

*********

"Excuse me. Sir? Are you going to put your stuff on the belt?" The lady behind me asked.

"Oh yes, sorry. I dumped my phone and a few items into the bin and proceeded through the metal detector. I had travelled enough to know that you never wear anything that might set it off.

I made it to my gate and had enough time to grab a quick coffee at Tim's before boarding. I sat back and thought about how mad she was going to be at me. But the thought of that scum bag coming onto her like that....it was enough to get me onto a plane to make sure he never got near her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here it is, I know it's been awhile so as always thanks for sticking with me! I hope you enjoy!! Sorry for my lack of editing...I ran out of time