Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Girl Talk

I woke up the next morning with a heavy head and puffy eyes. Tried as I might, I couldn't get to sleep. I felt terrible about our fright and I tried relentlessly to get ahold of Sid. He wouldn't answer his phone or my texts so I knew he was mad at me. Really mad. It wasn't right for me to put him in that situation and it was even worse that I threatened to break it off if he showed up here. I waited so long for him, I would never be the one to break up. Still, I knew my words hurt and the knot in my stomach grew larger as the night went on.

As the sun started coming up I decided to get up and hit the gym before breakfast. Working out, it always cleared my mind. I pushed myself so hard in the gym that I almost threw up, and I nearly did when Kevin walked in with Andrea and Hayley. The nerve of that scumball, going after my bestfriend. I knew I would have to keep an eye on her.

I got off the bike, grabbing a towel and bottle of water and headed up to my room. I chugged back the water while waiting for the elevator, thinking of the last time Sid and I were in an elevator. The memory made me smile. As soon as I got in the door I grabbed my phone and texted Sid.

Kelly: I'm Sorry. Where are you? I'm worried. Please don't leave me hanging. My heart is hurting

I put my phone on the nightstand and started the shower. I stook in front of the mirror examining myself while I waited for it to warm up. In the past few weeks something about me had changed. My cheeks were brighter, my eyes warmer. The frizz was gone from my out of control hair and my lips had softened. All thanks to him. God, not hearing from him was killing me!

I stood under the warm water, turning it up periodically until I could take it no more. I let the tears come again and they flowed until well after the water turned cold. I sat in the bottom of the tub until I heard the door to the room open.

"Kelly? Are you okay? We missed you at breakfast. Kelly?" She knocked on the door. Shit. I wiped my nose and clumsily grabbed a towel from the rack. I wrapped it around myself and peeked my head out of the door. "Jesus Kelly, what's wrong? You look like you've been crying." I mustered up a weak smile and nodded. "I'm okay. Sid and I had a fight and now he won't return my calls. I'm acting like such a baby. Don't worry about me."

"Oh Kel, how can I not worry about you?" She replied sympathetically.

"No, really Andrea, I'm okay. I'm done crying. It is our first fight, that's all. I'll get over it."

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked.

"Not really." I lied.

"You're such a bad liar. Yes you do. Get dressed, I'll make coffee. We have an hour before we need to be at practice."

I nodded in agreement and closed the door trying to collect my clothes, and thoughts.

*****August 2005*****

"Hey, earth to Crosby. Whats going on with you?" I nudged his ribs and flashed him a smile.

"Huh, what? Oh nothing."

"Shut up Sid, your mind was a million miles away. Are you going to eat that?" I pointed to his left over fries. We were sitting on our favourite bench at the beach.

"Um, maybe I was." He laughed as I started picking at his food. He sighed, "I was just thinking about how we came here before I left for Shattuck, and how we promised to stay in touch. That's all."

"Yeah, and we did didn't we."

He nodded his head and smiled.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Kel."

"Ditto Sido."

"Did you seriously just say that?"

"Yes. Seriously I just did." I teased back. "No stop being all weird, everything will be fine. Now what do you say we grab out poles and catch us some dinner."

"Is that all you think about? Food? Jesus Kelly you're worse than me."

"Funny Sid. You know you're the reason I'm like this, now lets go!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him off the bench.

*********

Reliving our last summer together made me smile, even though what happened a few short weeks later would kill me on the inside. Looking back now I knew he was torn over his decision and it had bothered him for months before he left.

I opened the bathroom door and saw Andrea pouring the coffee. We sat down at the small table by the window and as soon as the coffee hit my lips, the words starting pouring out. I told Andrea about our fight, and about what had happened with Kevin. She had known about our previous indiscretions for awhile so that came as no surprise to her.

"Do you really think he will show up here?" She asked once I had told her everything.

"God I don't know. I wouldn't put it past him. Part of me would be mad that he would not listen to me and just show up anyways, but a part of me would be happy to know that things are okay again.

"I think you're overreacting, personally, but then again....I've never been in Love." She exagerated Love and we started to giggle.

"Shut up Andrea. And keep your distance from Kevin, he's being a total douche."

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry about me. I'm a big girl. Now go and check your phone. I bet Sid has totally forgiven you and is sending you naked photos or something. I'm going to shower, and hopefully when I get out you will be in a better mood." She teased.

I blushed, walking over to look at my phone. He had written me back, finally.

Sid: I'm okay. I love you.

I frowned, that was pretty vague. At least he was talking to me. My thoughts were interrupted by the growling in my stomach. I looked at the clock and realized it was nearly noon, and I hadn't eaten all day. Searching for my key card, I cursed myself for letting myself get so hungry. It was like not only stomach was starved but also my brain was too when I didn't eat and I couldn't remember where I left my key. I finally gave up and snatched Andrea's off of her bed.

"I'm going to eat!" I yelled through the bathroom door. I grabbed my shoes and was nearly running towards the elevator before I had them on. I hit the call button and impatiently waited for it to arrive. I debated taking the stairs and was about to open the door to the stairwell when I heard the ding of the arriving elevator. I raced towards it in order to catch it and was shocked when I saw him standing there. I went from pissed off that he actually showed up, to relieved he was okay, to overwhelmed and happy as I threw my arms around him and took in his scent. Thankful to be in his arms again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, I bit of sappy chapter I know....what can I do? They are in LOVE...lol. Anyways, I know I keep saying big stuff is going to happen....and it is....I just keep thinking I need more build up to it....so hopefully in the next couple chapters you will see what is in store for these too!! Thanks for sticking with me. And thanks to everyone who takes the time to read and comment. You know I love it!