Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Leaving on a Jet Plane

"Did I ever tell you how good you look in gold?" Sid whispered as he brushed his mouth along my ear.
"I don't think so."
"Well let me tell you. You look amazing in gold. Almost as good as you did in Red and White." He trailed kisses along my throat and I giggled. We were lying in bed, and I was wearing nothing but my Gold Medal that we had won around my neck. "Well you look pretty good in what you're wearing too." I gave him a once over. He wasn't wearing anything either. He looked perfect. Too bad he was pre occupied with planting kisses over every inch of my body to notice just how good he really did look. He straddled me and gave a final kiss to my belly. Which immediately grumbled with hunger as soon as he touched it. "Hungry little thing aren't you? Let's order some breakfast" He crawled off of me as I blushed and tried to bring him back into bed. "I can wait. I'm not that hungry. You should come back here, it's nice and warm." He just looked over his shoulder as he dialed room service.
"You can stay in bed if you want, but I'm getting food into you whether you like it or not."
"Fine!" I crossed my legs and pouted. I pulled the blankets up to my chin and closed my eyes. This was our last morning in Switzerland and I was excited to go home, but the last week had been pretty amazing. Minus the one small hiccup.

Team Canada went 3-1 in round robin play and we had a bye to the semi's where we faced Sweden. The game was tight, so tight that it went to a shoot out. After three shooters we were up by one goal and Labonte had to make an incredible save on their number one goal scorer. She deaked twice but Charline was able to push across the crease and get your pad down to stop the puck. We knew at that very moment that we were unstoppable and that we would win the tournament.

The gold medal game was against Russia and we got out to a quick lead and never looked back. The game ended in a 4-1 Victory for us and the rush of pride I felt when they played our anthem at the end of the game was indescribeable. I couldn't help when tears came. It may have not been the World Championships, or the Olympics, but it was by far the biggest moment of my career so far. The first person I looked for after the game was Sid. He had been doing a good job of keeping a low profile and not many people knew he was around. I saw him briefly before our bus left and I promised to get back to the hotel as soon as I could.

Although I was staying with him, the team thought I had my own room. Word had gotten out to the team that something had happened and I felt it only fair that my teammates hear it directly from me and not another source. I had discussed it with Sid prior to telling them and he agreed that it would be best to talk to them. It was harder than I imaged as I recalled what happened, but in the end I felt liberated and it helped with the healing process.

After the game we headed to a local restaurant to celebrate, but all I could think about was getting back to the hotel and back to Sid. As soon as our meal was done I opted out of going to a club and instead went back to the hotel. Using the lame excuse that I needed to pack. Andrea eyed me from across the table and then winked, making me blush as I picked up my bag and grabbed a cab. I raced to the penthouse and burst through the doors. It didn't surprise me that he was on his phone when I entered but he quickly turned to me and winked. "Yeah, okay. Perfecto. Thanks Ray. I owe you one. Okay, talk to you later. Bye" I always seemed to catch him mid sentence at the end of phone calls. I raised my eyebrows in interest and he just smiled. "What was that all about?" I asked, dropping my bag on the couch and wrapping my arms around his waist.
"Oh, just a little surprise for tomorrow. You'll see." He hugged me tight and then pulled away. "I'm glad you're back. I ordered us some champagne, I figured we could celebrate together."
"You're the only person I want to celebrate with." I reached up and kissed his nose. I grabbed the bottle of champage and gave it to him to open. He opened it effortlessly and the bottle gave a gentle pop before he poured our glasses and came to sit beside me on the couch. "To the bestfriend I could ever ask for. And to the best defenceman on the team." He winked and we clinked our glasses together. "I'll drink to that." I took a sip of the sweet liquid and rested my head on his shoulder. I didn't want the moment to end. I closed my eyes and took in his scent. There was a part of me that was longing for him so badly. He had been so supportive when everything with Kevin happened and he hadn't dared to try anything other than a tender kiss here or there for fear of frightening me. But tonight, tonight I was ready and I was going to show him just how much I loved him. I sat up and put my drink on the coffee table. "You don't like it?" He gave me a puzzled look as he saw my half full glass. "Shhh." I put my finger to his mouth and staddled him. Kissing his ear which I knew drove him crazy. He pulled back gently. "Kel, it's okay. We don't H--"
"Yes we do. I want to. I'm ready." And before he could say another word my mouth was on his and my tongue was fiercely searching for his. He pulled me closer and we toppled ontop of each other into the couch. I was on top when I pulled away from him and giggled. "Remember the first night spent together when I came out wearing your jersey?"
"How could I forget? That was the best night of my life."
"Okay, well hold that thought." I got up and grabbed my bag that was now laying on the floor. "How would you like me to wear this tonight? Only this?" I put my medal around my neck and slowly started to take off my shirt.
"Umm, I guess that would more than acceptable." He gave me a heart stopping smile. "But I want to take off the rest of your clothes. Come here, before I come and get you." He whispered hoarsly.
I felt the smile pull at my lips. "That's if you can catch me Crosby." I said playfully. I was up in a flash and was already in the bedroom getting ready to close the door before he was off the couch. I closed the door and jumped into the soft white covers of the four poster bed. He burst through the doors and pounced. Sending me into a fit of laughter as I tried to hide under the blankets..

It only took him all of thirty seconds to get me out of the blankets, and another minute to take off all of my remaning pieces of clothing. As much as I wanted to be in charge and show him how I was feeling, he lead the way with a quiet confidence. Touching me tenderly and kissing me softly. By the time he had covered every inch of me with kisses I was so ready that I was afraid that as soon as he would touch me I would lose it. "I love you Kel." He whispered as he put my nipple in his mouth. I let out a moan and when his hand came up between my legs I shivered. "I'll never hurt you." He put my other nipple in his mouth, still working his fingers on my clit. "I love you too" I mumbled before my words became incoherent. I let the wave of sensations take over me as he worked expertly on showing me how much he really did love me. Everything felt so good that I didn't want it to end. And Sid could tell too. As soon as I feel like I couldn't take it anymore, he would stop, readjust, and then start again. I felt like I was on a wave and the sensations were, well I can't even explain it. That's how good it was. "Oh god, please don't stop" I could feel myself building up once again and when I got to the top I I brabbed his free hand and placed in on my breast, squeezing it hard as I let out a louder than normal moan of pure and utter pleasure. He kissed me softly and rubbed my side slowly. "That, was amazing." I whispered. He chuckled and kissed my forehead. I looked at him and locked eyes. "Make love to me." He didn't say anything, just smiled and put his mouth to mine. His kiss was soft, and tender. As were his touches and when he was ready, I felt him enter me. He was slow and gentle, it was like he was savouring every touch, every movement. I kept my eyes open, locked on him and as I felt his pace pick up I knew he was close. I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him towards me. With his mouth on mine he let out a low groan and I felt him collapse on me. It was perfect, we were perfect.

"Hey sleepy head." I heard him whisper in my ear. "Time to get up. We've got to leave in an hour."
"Huh? I looked around the hazy room. "Sorry Babe, I didn't realize I fell asleep. Why an hour, our flight isn't until six tonight."
"I got us an earlier flight. I hope you don't mind that you won't be flying home with the team."
"No, of course not. It's okay." I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Breakfast was sitting at the table and my bags were already packed. I smiled. Sid, always so prepared. He hated being caught off guard and most of all, he hated to be pressed for time when it came to flying. I pulled the blankets back and grabbed my robe from the floor. "You're amazing, you know that right.?"
"I think you think too highly of me. Care to join me for breakfast? I ordered you crepes."
I felt my eyes light up "Strawberry?" I lifted the lid of the plate to find my favourite breakfast dish sitting in front of me.
"Of course." Sid sat down beside me and stabbed a fork into his omlette.
"So are we really leaving in an hour?"
He looked up from his plate and nodded. A wicked smile formed on his face that made his eyes crinkle.
"Okay." I ate my crepes in record speed and then jumped into the shower. I was ready to go with fifteen minutes to spare.
"Ready?" He aked. "I've called for someone to come and get our bags."
"Yeah. I am so ready to go home."
"Me too Babe."

-----Summer 2002-----

"Got everything?" My mom asked as we grabbed my bag off of baggage carousel.
"Yup."
"So, tell me all about it? How was hockey camp?"
"It was amazing mom. Casey Cambpell was there and she showed me this really great move. I can't wait to try it out on Sid."
"Well I'm sure he'll be happy to see you, he's called four times already today."
"Really? Can I borrow your cell phone and call him now?"
"No honey, he can wait. You can call him when we get home." We were almost at the car. My dad got out and greeted me, grabbing my bags and throwing them in the trunk. "Welcome home sweatheart, we missed you." He pulled me into a giant bear hug and then quickly released me when the parking marshall came over to tell him he had to move. "Yeah yeah, hold your horses. Haven't seen my daughter in two weeks and he's telling me I have to move. Jeez, the nerve of some people." My dad was always one to speak his mind. I laughed to myself as I opened the back door and climbed in. I stopped laughing when I saw Sid sitting in the back seat, a huge smile on his face. "Surprise! Welcome home Kel!" My smile was as big as his as I put my seatbelt on. I looked ahead and saw my mom and dad glance at each other and smile as we pulled away from the curb.
"Best surprise ever!" I finally blurted out and the whole car filled with laughter. Sid always had a way of making me smile.

---------

Walter arrived a few minutes later to grab our bags. "Good morning Mr. Crosby. It's nice to see you again."
"You too Walter. Just load everything onto the cart and we'll meet you in the lobby." Sid held his hand out to the gentleman and I saw him slip a more than generous tip into his palm. No doubt for all of his help last week. "Very good Mr. Crosby, I'll be done in a few minutes." I gave Walter a small wave as Sid and I left the room and headed towards the elevator.

We were lucky there was no line up at the front desk and I stood beside Sid as he checked out. I saw him quickly review the bill and was mortified when I saw it was over twelve thousand Euros. I'm pretty sure my eyes nearly popped out of my head as he signed it like it was nothing. I was going to have to get used to that, then again, I'm pretty sure he made more than that in one game.

By the time Walter arrived with our bags, our Sedan was waiting for us outside. I took one final look around the hotel lobby and then felt Sid's arm around my waist. "We've got to get going Babe."
"I know. I just want to take it all in, one last time." I closed my eyes and when I opened them I was ready to go. I climbed into the Sedan, more excited than ever to be heading home.

When our driver didn't pull into the departures terminal I got a littled worried. I looked over at Sid and saw him smiling. Our driver took the next exit and then pulled into a private terminal. "Sid, what's going on?" I asked wearily.
"I called in a favour to Ray. He's one of the owners of the Pens."
"Yeah, I know who he is. What kind of favour Sid?"
"He's let us take the team jet. Well, it's his and Mario's. They use it mostly for business and special occassions and such. And what more special of an occassion than having you come home?"
"You've got to be kidding me right? A private jet? Never in my wildest dreams." The car came to a stop and we were greeted by a porter who quickly started to load our bags into the plane. Sid looked at me. "Shall we?" He held his hand out.
"Shall we ever!" I nearly squealed as he helped me out of the car. The took the short walk on the tarmac hand in hand and when we reached the top of the stairs the captain and our flight attentant welcomed us with a glass of champagne. "Welcome aboard Mr. Crosby, Ms. Nelson. We hope you enjoy the flight. Take you seats, we'll be departing in ten minutes." I sat down in the plush leather seat and started playing with all the settings on the chair. I opened the compartment that was on the little table in front of me and found a deck of cards and a remote for the t.v. "This is ridiculously cool. I can't believe you would do this for me." Sid grabbed my hand and brushed my knuckles against his lips. "I'd do anything for you." My stomach did flip flops, as it did so often when he showered me with compliments. "I love you Sid. So much. Wanna play Crazy Eights?" He laughed and sat back in his seat. "Only if you promise not to cheat."
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to break this chapter in half. It was getting out of control. lol. I hope you like it! Thanks again, as always, to everyone comments and reads and subscribes, and reccomends.

On another note, a Goal for our favourite captain tonight!