Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Planes and Trains

Kelly POV

"O-M-G I can't believe I am standing in Sidney Crosby's kitchen. This is unbelievable."

I knew the voice as soon as I heard it. Andrea. I jumped out of bed, threw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and raced down the stairs, taking them two at a time. Sliding into the kitchen I saw Andrea, my very best friend, babbling away while Sid looked on. Spatula in one hand and a proud grin on his face. I planted a quick kiss on his cheek before throwing my arms around her.

"I can't believe you're here!"

"Neither can I. Let me tell you, when Sidney Crosby calls you personally and tells you to get on the red eye, you listen." She giggled.

'Yeah, he's full of surprises lately. This is amazing. How long are you here for?"

"Until Tuesday. All Sid told me was to pack up your personal belongings from the apartment, ship them out here and get on a plane to come and celebrate his birthday. So, I happily obliged."

I eyed Sid and smiled. "He did, did he? That was very thoughtful of him. Anyways, I'm so excited you are here. Let me show you your room." I grabbed her bag and lead her towards the guest room.

Andrea POV

I could barely hear my phone ringing over the noise of the blender. "Hold on! I'm coming!" I yelled to no one but my phone. I turned the blender off and looked at the screen. Blocked Number. "What the hell?" I mumbled, swiping the screen of the phone to take the call. I was already thinking of an excuse to tell the telemarketer before the call connected. "Hello?

"Andrea?"

"Yes..."

"Hey, it's Sidney. You know, Sidney Crosby. Kelly's um, friend. How are you?"

I felt my stomach reach my throat. "Um fine, I guess. How are you?" The words were barely as whisper.

"Good. Hey I'm sorry to call you out of nowhere. Do you have a minute? I'm not interrupting anything am I?"

"No, um, of course not." I would have said that regardless of where or what I was doing. Sidney freakin' Crosby is calling me. Holy Fuck.

"Great, well I need you to pack up Kelly's apartment. Just the personal stuff and I'll put it on the train. I'll give you details in a minute. Then I need you to pack your bag, your flight leaves in two hours."

"Pack my bags? Where I am going?"

"To my house. We're having a party tomorrow and I want to surprise Kelly. Please say you'll come."

"Is this for real?"

I heard him chuckle. "One hundred and fifty percent real. What's your email address I'll send you details on your flight and how to get her stuff on the train."

I recited the address to him and looked up at the clock. "Isn't it like midnight there or something?"

"Yup. I'll see you the morning okay?"

My mind was racing a thousand miles a minute. "Yeah, sure."

"Perfect, I'll see you then. Bye Andrea."

"Bye Sidney"

I stared down at my phone as the call ended. What the hell just happened?

A minute later my phone pinged and I saw it was an email from Sidney explaining that he had arranged for movers to take Kelly's stuff in the morning and that I just needed to throw as much in boxes as I could. No small feat considering I had to pack my stuff, her stuff, and be at the airport in less than two hours. But hey, when Sidney Crosby tell you to jump, you say how hi. Right? I was at the airport twenty two minutes before my phone departed.

Kelly POV

"So you're staying here all summer? With him?" Andrea asked.

"Yes, of course. We'll figure out the plan is for the fall when the time comes." I opened the door to the guestroom for her. "Here you go, you're very own room with en suite at Chez Crosby." I grinned. "Whadda ya think?"

Andrea's eyes lit up "What do I think? I think this whole thing is some crazy dream. The last twenty four hours have been a total blur. Although I don't think the free liquor in business class helped any either. Remind me to thank Sid again."

"He's been so sneaky the past couple days. Keeps telling me about this big thing he has planned for tonight but won't give me any hints. I bet herbrought you here to keep me distracted." I giggled.

"Hey, if he needs me to keep you busy...I'm sure I can handle that."

"Good, now I'm starving. Let's go see if breakfast is ready."

Sid POV

Kelly and Andrea walked into the kitchen just as I was plating the pancakes. "You guys hungry?"

"What kind of question is that?" Kel asked.

"Sorry, my bad." I put the pancakes and maple syrup on the table and took a seat next to Kelly.

"So, what should we do today? Show you around the city? We can go hang out by the harbour? Or maybe we take Sam on a hike. You're the guest, you're choice." I watched as Kelly grabbed a piece of bacon from the centre of the table, not realizing that the large bauble on her hand nearly blinded her friend. Andrea noticed, yes, she definitely noticed.

"What the hell is that?" She asked.

"What's what?"

"That!" She pointed to her left hand.

"Oh, it's nothing." I saw her face flush as she looked over at me with pleading eyes.

"Uh no you don't. That's not nothing. Sid, show me your hand." Andrea demanded.

Playfully, I held up his right hand and wiggled my fingers.

"Not. That. Hand."

Reluctantly I held up my left hand to show my wedding ring. Andrea's face went from red to white in about two point three seconds. I couldn't tell if she was mad or happy."

"I can't believe you went off and got married and didn't even tell me!" She slammed her napkin on her plate and got up from the table.

Kel pushed her chair out to meet her half way. "Andrea, please. Don't be mad. We didn't tell anyone except our parents and the whole thing happened in a matter of days. The party we are having, it's not a birthday party. It's our reception, except no one knows. It was our plan to tell everyone at the party."

I went to stand beside Kel. "Andrea, we wanted you here to celebrate with us. We're sorry that we didn't tell you sooner."

I saw Andrea's face soften and a small smile creep across her lips. "Sorry guys, I guess I was just not expecting that. Who am I to be an ass about all of this. I can't wait to see the look on all those fan girls faces when they find out you've been taken off the market." She giggled. "So, tell me all about it, I want every detail from the proposal to the ring to the wedding, Everything!"

We sat back down to enjoy our breakfast, not leaving out a single detail of the past weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys

My bad on not updating. Life has been crazy. But just took a little Sid fix at the NHL awards last night to get me going again.

Love to you all